Match Thread Huddersfield (H) Mon 25/09 (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

As soon as Dasilva and Saka were level with Fadz while we were defending yesterday I knew it was all over. Just no bravery to get up the pitch.
It got so deep with it almost becoming a back 7. I thought we’d gotten away with it mind you but still, the clowns managed to faff up the final 10 seconds.

BlueSkiesForever

If he goes one up too he’ll have Simms and Wright sitting on the bench, which is going to lead to Douglas asking some questions.
I’d play Simms as striker and Wright as a wide winger, and yes I know Wright’s a shit striker, I completely get that but I think with more time and space on the ball with his pace and strength he might be okay out wide, maybe.

Brighton Sky Blue

We’re not ever going to get it but this is what I’d like to see against QPR, fucking sick of 5 at the back:

Wilson
Eccles, Kitching, Binks, Dasilva
Allen, Lati
Sakamoto, Ayari, Wright
Simms
Would pair Kitching with McF, Lati at RB and Kelly at DM. But with MVE out for a lot less time than was thought, MR won’t change it.

BlueSkiesForever

If you encourage the wing backs to get far forward then you have 5 attacking players on and 5 defensive plus the keeper, the issue has often been MR using his wing backs in ultra defensive mode so it becomes effectively a 7 defender system. Ryan Giles last season was exactly the kind of wing back I’m on about being used much more aggressively
Exactly, it becomes this weird mess of defenders all doing absolutely nothing, it sounds ridiculous I know but I would rather have lost that game trying something different and giving it a real good go than getting 1 single point performing like that. Each week the games tick by and each week we learn nothing about our team other than we’ve wasted a load of money. The system needs to change, we’ve got no play style, no creativity, no threat. Imagine the score line when we play Leeds or Norwich or Ipswich or even Bristol City etc, it’s just atrocious football at our club atm.

Macca

Probably shouldn’t cry about a few seconds of booing. It’s frustration and people probably regret it straight away. There is still a gram of raw emotion in the modern game. I said I wasn’t going to waste time on this shit again straight after the game but had changed my mind within minutes 😂

Martin180

I'm out in Turkey on holiday currently, watched it last night with a couple of Huddersfield fans . They thought Simms ,Binks and Sakamoto were useful for us but warned of their post playoff season.
I started the season hopeful but while a few new signings show encouraging signs , others seems way off it and others haven't even had a chance yet .
January is going to be crucial for this season and next .
One thing they said is we must stick with Robins as their managerial appointments since Wembley have been catastrophic.
Will always be a glass half full poster after the events of the past 15-20 years but the last few games have been worrying .

Matt smith

I'm out in Turkey on holiday currently, watched it last night with a couple of Huddersfield fans . They thought Simms ,Binks and Sakamoto were useful for us but warned of their post playoff season.
I started the season hopeful but while a few new signings show encouraging signs , others seems way off it and others haven't even had a chance yet .
January is going to be crucial for this season and next .
One thing they said is we must stick with Robins as their managerial appointments since Wembley have been catastrophic.
Will always be a glass half full poster after the events of the past 15-20 years but the last few games have been worrying .
Have a good holiday Martin

fernandopartridge

It’s strange that you’re willing to see that bollocks every week and not ever want to change it up. I just don’t get it, how can you be happy with a point? We play some of the worst football in the league.
You've just said you'd be happier with losing than a point

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SIR ERNIE

Exactly, it becomes this weird mess of defenders all doing absolutely nothing, it sounds ridiculous I know but I would rather have lost that game trying something different and giving it a real good go than getting 1 single point performing like that. Each week the games tick by and each week we learn nothing about our team other than we’ve wasted a load of money. The system needs to change, we’ve got no play style, no creativity, no threat. Imagine the score line when we play Leeds or Norwich or Ipswich or even Bristol City etc, it’s just atrocious football at our club atm.
With the exception of Fadz, our defence is all new signings.
In attack, two of our three strikers are new signings.
That's a massive shake up for any team, yet in the first two or three games most of the new players at some point showed why they had been signed.
Since then it's been glaringly obvious that the loss of Sheaf, who gives solidity and shape and the chronic lack of anything resembling a dynamic, creative midfielder are the main reasons for our poor performances in the last few games.
The defence is continually exposed and strikers are feeding on scraps.

All good teams have a good midfield. We don't.

ProfessorbyGrace

Just seen the ‘highlights’, and I simply cannot fathom how Wright managed to jig, stab, and hook that ball wide and high from a virtually open goal scenario.

In all seriousness, if his head isn’t in the game (as it appears so) then he shouldn’t be on the pitch.

Simms: really pleased he performed well, and so unlucky with that strike that almost tore the crossbar in half.
Tatsu ran himself stupid, and did well.

Midfield is deeply worrying. The sooner we have Allen back and up to speed, the better. Same for COH.

Defence was better.

Not sure why, but we have players dropping like flies, and looking shattered after 65-70 minutes, consistently.

Stubborn adherence to ineffective tactics when the opposition change it up, and the age old subs issues.

Just feels like there’s more to this than meets the eye, especially if rumours are to believed. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully, all will come good, and if not, we have the January window to make some additions to the squad.

Otis

We don't half go overboard on here , shit result , conceded late , not quite happening after 8 games but still just the 38 games to go ..

Robins won't walk , Robins won't be sacked , we will be fine , relax

You will say , yea but ... yea but this shit happens every season it feels like , we start slow and get better as it goes on
Yup, well said.

I am bookmarking both this and the bedwetter thread to revisit later in the season. 🤪

Otis

We weren’t hanging on though at that point. Allen and Wright’s has taken the sting out of Huddersfield - we just fucked it at the end with a truly awful piece of defending.
Exactly. We were in control again as soon as those two subs were made and weren't hanging on at all.

Otis

Evo whose opinion I respect quite highly still thinks upper mid table. Based on how poor things are in midfield, long term injuries mounting up and problems up front with a packed fixture list coming up, I can’t see past a relegation scrap.
I think we will be in no trouble at all down the bottom. I find relegation talk after just 8 games just a tad puzzling. 😂

Still early days yet.

Otis

I have said that elsewhere on this thread, yes I do. This is the worst midfield we’ve had in this division full stop and what’s looking like the worst attack since our debut season. Palmer will not be missed but Sheaf and MVE really will with a very heavy fixture schedule between now and January. It is clearly not a happy camp either and as results get worse so will morale.

Beat QPR on Saturday and it papers over a few cracks but I don’t see us winning there frankly if we can’t see off Huddersfield at home.
Huddersfield had bagged 7 points out of the last possible 9 before last night, so were on a good run.

BlueSkiesForever

You've just said you'd be happier with losing than a point
You always seem to miss out half of what anyone says on here. I literally said I’d be happier losing if we showed something different in our game, rather than drawing and it being the same old terrible performance.
A point really means fuck all at this stage, I’d much rather have information early doors in the season about what we’re good at and what we’re not good at, what formation works and what formation doesn’t work, than instead know nothing about what we’re good at but have 1 point to show for it.
We’re no closer to knowing what’s our best formation or best strategy or best play-style or who works best where because we try the same old boring, predictable shit each week and it hardly ever works. It’s not the literal statement that “I’d prefer losing to drawing” it’s the fact that we never experiment with the team so how can we ever progress if we’re not trying to learn from our mistakes?

pusbccfc

We’re not ever going to get it but this is what I’d like to see against QPR, fucking sick of 5 at the back:

Wilson
Eccles, Kitching, Binks, Dasilva
Allen, Lati
Sakamoto, Ayari, Wright
Simms

Switch Lati and Eccles over.

napolimp

You always seem to miss out half of what anyone says on here. I literally said I’d be happier losing if we showed something different in our game, rather than drawing and it being the same old terrible performance.
A point really means fuck all at this stage, I’d much rather have information early doors in the season about what we’re good at and what we’re not good at, what formation works and what formation doesn’t work, than instead know nothing about what we’re good at but have 1 point to show for it.
We’re no closer to knowing what’s our best formation or best strategy or best play-style or who works best where because we try the same old boring, predictable shit each week and it hardly ever works. It’s not the literal statement that “I’d prefer losing to drawing” it’s the fact that we never experiment with the team so how can we ever progress if we’re not trying to learn from our mistakes?

A point means fuck all? Maybe we should have got a point or 2 less last season.

BlueSkiesForever

A point means fuck all? Maybe we should have got a point or 2 less last season.
Again, read the whole sentence. No one seems to bother reading anything fully on here.
I said at this stage of the season a point means fuck all. It’s going to take some turnaround to get into the top 6 this year, a point or two last year for sure meant a lot but I don’t think we’ll be anywhere near that level this season. Yes, we started shit last season but had some decent players to work with, this season it feels like we’ve just spunked £20 mil up the wall.

I stick with my argument that I’d rather us be experimenting with our team, figuring out what’s best and how to progress, rather than sticking with the same old shit every week, learning nothing, never correcting our mistakes. The issue is not the 1 point, of course I’d happily take an extra point, it’s the fact we’re not willing to risk it in games. We risk it with a couple of balls here and there in that game last night and maybe we score another goal or two. Then we’d be talking about gaining 3 points rather than settling for 1.

napolimp

Again, read the whole sentence. No one seems to bother reading anything fully on here.
I said at this stage of the season a point means fuck all. It’s going to take some turnaround to get into the top 6 this year, a point or two last year for sure meant a lot but I don’t think we’ll be anywhere near that level this season. Yes, we started shit last season but had some decent players to work with, this season it feels like we’ve just spunked £20 mil up the wall.

I stick with my argument that I’d rather us be experimenting with our team, figuring out what’s best and how to progress, rather than sticking with the same old shit every week, learning nothing, never correcting our mistakes. The issue is not the 1 point, of course I’d happily take an extra point, it’s the fact we’re not willing to risk it in games. We risk it with a couple of balls here and there in that game last night and maybe we score another goal or two. Then we’d be talking about gaining 3 points rather setting for 1.

Not looking for an argument, but you're contradicting yourself. If you removed your first paragraph it would make more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread