How will Clive Eakin perform on CWR tonight ? (1 Viewer)

Samo

Boomerang whoosh
lots of people disagree with Eakin you agree.

I would take a draw with MK dons tomorrow. (No question)

However .........

If we are 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go and McFarland brings off our new red barron (having scored a hatrick) for Finch who goes onto to score three own goals and we draw. If a radio host in his argument that McFarland got a good result says prior to the match you would have took a draw.)
I would still say that's not the point
McFarland screwed up.

The woooosh is is on you my friend
People know what you and Eakin are saying they also know it is not correct so no woooosh needed sorry. (The exaggeration in the example is needed because you don't get the real life version )

Eakin is using it to say it is a good result and SP should not be sacked.

It was before the match. However in the real land as oppose to fortune teller land ( ie what decisions are based on)

It was not

I will try one last time... Don, bearing in mind that the question 'would you have taken a point' is retrospective which is entirely the point, would you have taken a point, if offered, before the SU game? To be clear - this is BEFORE the game. Please try to understand this before one of us dies! Would you have taken a point before a ball was kicked? I can't find another way to explain without using Janet & John language... Please try really hard to understand.

hill83

He understands what you are saying and follows it up with why it's a bit of a pointless question Samo.

Samo

Dongo. Understands. What. You. Are. Saying.
So your 'whoosh' was misplaced. He even answered your question.

No. He. Didn't.
He fails to understand a very simple concept - Would you have taken a point before the game? I already know he's that stupid, are you?

stupot07

No. He. Didn't.
He fails to understand a very simple concept - Would you have taken a point before the game? I already know he's that stupid, are you?

Really?

Everyone would but they are not the circumstances people now base their judgement on.
Before the match its 11-11 for 90 minutes.

Someone says to you beforehand
Would you take draw against sheff utd answer yes

However that question. You are talking about is normally

" in normal circumstances a point away to Sheff Utd would regarded as a great result however ........"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

hill83

No. He. Didn't.

His words
Dongo said:
Point away to sheff utd in current circumstances good result

Just to save you some stress, yes I would have taken a point before the game. I'll even leave the necessary caveat off for you.

Samo

His words [/I]

Just to save you some stress, yes I would have taken a point before the game. I'll even leave the necessary caveat off for you.

Thank you, please don't apologize.

Samo

His words [/I]

you left out his 'but'...

Astute

I will try one last time... Don, bearing in mind that the question 'would you have taken a point' is retrospective which is entirely the point, would you have taken a point, if offered, before the SU game? To be clear - this is BEFORE the game. Please try to understand this before one of us dies! Would you have taken a point before a ball was kicked? I can't find another way to explain without using Janet & John language... Please try really hard to understand.

Are you doing an Eakin type of thread to show how much of a twat he is?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Just to stir the pot a little more , there is this:
No one expected Sheffield United to be down to 10 men so early, so to go 2-0 up was a shock to the most optimistic Sky Blues fan. The sending off had a huge bearing on the way the game went. With 11 men I think Sheffield would have won, and won convincingly. They were in the ascendancy up until the point of the sending off, but the game changed completely after that.

Anyone at that match will tell you that for long periods city showboated. They were in total control, spraying the ball around 15 -20 passes without a Sheffield player getting near the ball. At 2-0 up we missed 2-3 opportunities to kill the game, but never did. The final 20 minutes we utterly capitulated and there was only one team going to win but they ran out of time.

So yes, a point before the game we would have all taken. A point against a team a man down for most of the game, yes at the very least. Yet after this game Pressley was sacked. It's not so much the result but the nature in which the result was "achieved." Finally the management of CCFC saw things going on on the pitch the way the majority of supporters had been seeing it for a long time. Nothing that went on at Sheffield did anything to say we weren't a relegation side. We were gifted the opportunity to blow Sheffield United away and ultimately failed. Something lost on Mr Eakin.

Last edited:

covmark

I would take a point before any game because it means we dont lose .. Although preferably 3 points would be better
A point for every game would give you 46 points. You obviously set your standards extremely high. It would possibly see us relegated.

Sky Blue Pete

He also didn't play the Devils advocate last night as he agreed with people phoning up so we can throw that at him next time we go on. If it's all about debate he should have been giving the alternative opinion

rupert_bear

The guy wiittering on about poor old SP having a young family and is now out of work, he has probably about a quarter of a million quid extra in his bank today than he had at the weekend, try explaining that hardship to someone just ditched out of the blue by City Link with hardly any compensation. Steven Pressley wasn't sacked because we fucked up at Sheffield that was the straw which broke the camels back. Been slowly going tits up for over a year now at a number of angles, performances, player recruitment, results, unattractive style of play, going out the FA cup to non league minnows all added up. The radio show tonight did seem biased towards the "I feel sorry for Elvis" brigade.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

No he isn't. His point was simple, yet people argued and twisted it. I can definitely understand the frustration.

It's not twisted at all

Eakin says before the match you would take a draw - correct
Samo agrees with that I think most people agree with that.

However I did not hear the radio show and if Eakin was saying it in the context of
a draw was a good result so if should not have been a factor in SP getting sacked.
Then that is wrong as that is when you then have to look at the circumstances of the draw.

If he wasn't saying it in that context what was the point he was making when he said it?

Otis

Yeah, he also said that if we ignore the circumstances of the game, that was a good result....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

How can you possibly ignore the circumstances of the game? That's a nonsense.

That's like saying we played a game where there was a lucky deflection that went on for a goal against us and then a dodgy penalty and we lost 2-0, that if those hadn't happened we wouldn't have lost.

If we start getting into the world of 'if only' the whole thing just becomes farcical.

You could quite so easily turn this on it's head and say we wouldn't have played well against 11 men, as opposed to 10. We have no idea if we would have still played so well.

We would have course taken a draw before the game, but the circumstances were that we were up against what we were up against on the field of play and we should have won. We can't start doing the 'if this,' 'if that.' It is what it is and it was what it was.

And like as has been said, 'would you have taken a draw' pre-match is a completely different question to 'would you have taken a draw if you knew we played against 10 men for 70 mins.'

The bottom line is everyone is right on here to a degree in their arguments, but we can only look at the reality that was before us.

kg82

It's not twisted at all

Eakin says before the match you would take a draw - correct
Samo agrees with that I think most people agree with that.

However I did not hear the radio show and if Eakin was saying it in the context of
a draw was a good result so if should not have been a factor in SP getting sacked.
Then that is wrong as that is when you then have to look at the circumstances of the draw.

If he wasn't saying it in that context what was the point he was making when he said it?

THAT is twisting it. It's simple, the context Samo was talking about is before the game. Hence "you'd have taken a point before the game". That means, before the game, as long as you don't have powers to see into the future, you'd have thought to yourself you'd take a draw from that game. Anyway, I'm not taking up the argument! I could just empathise with Samo's frustration!

Astute

THAT is twisting it. It's simple, the context Samo was talking about is before the game. Hence "you'd have taken a point before the game". That means, before the game, as long as you don't have powers to see into the future, you'd have thought to yourself you'd take a draw from that game. Anyway, I'm not taking up the argument! I could just empathise with Samo's frustration!

Does that include trying to get people to admit such after they had agreed already a few times?

Yes a draw would have been a great result. But not after playing nearly the whole game a man up and being 2-0 up with just over 10 minutes to go. And Samo was arguing with people that had said this saying we would have been happy with a point before the game. Must have been beer talk and reading.

stupot07

This is possibly the oddest thread I've participated in SBT....

Samo

No he isn't. His point was simple, yet people argued and twisted it. I can definitely understand the frustration.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread