How to spend 30 million pounds. (1 Viewer)

CCFCSteve

Have to get season tickets out asap surely? Mental they didn’t take advantage of the hype from last week.

Think we both know why, not convinced prices wouldn’t have been tweaked/increased if we’d got promoted.

pusbccfc

It’s a no brainer of a punt when you look at players brought in from abroad and clubs don’t even know if they’ll settle, let alone perform. He’s got all the attributes to succeed at a higher level and playing with and against top level opponents will push him even further.

I might be biased but I think if he lands at the right club with a coach that brings out the best in him, he will become a regular, potentially higher level, premier league player. Just hope we get really good money for him as he’s worth it

Agreed. Since he's sorted his behaviour off the field and stopped his drinking. He's become a real athlete. The ability was always there.

Happy for someone to bookmark this, but if they both go this season to the PL, Hamer will do better than Vik.

shmmeee

Gate receipts from wembley must be a few quid

Yeah apparently there’s often a gentlemen’s agreement the losers get the winners half. Of course the EFL take 50% first 🙄

Guesses seem to be in the £2m region.

Grendel

Oddly optimistic for you Grendel. Why do you think that? He does seem to hold the club closer to heart than Gyokeres who has made it clear he wants to make the step up.

Of Hamer and Gyokeres, Hamer has put himself in the shop window over April and the playoffs. POTM for April, scored 2 goals against Middlesborough and scored against Luton. Perhaps it went under the radar that Hamer really is our MVP and is ready to make the step up.

It’s possible if he personally wants to move abroad he could sign a deal for the season after next and run down his contract

theferret

Yeah apparently there’s often a gentlemen’s agreement the losers get the winners half. Of course the EFL take 50% first 🙄

Guesses seem to be in the £2m region.

Sunderland and Boro also get a 1/4 share of the 50% of the gate receipts from the final. Huddersfield were said to have made a total of around £800,000 from last season's play offs.

chiefdave

The new recruitment team will have been planning for this scenario, hopefully. Spending money developing a team is the most important part but there's other bits too.
tbh I'd expect them to be more prepared for another season in the championship than promotion. they start planning these things months in advance, 6 months ago I doubt there was too much planning for us potentially being in the Prem next season

my biggest concern is that we've not bought the right players in over the last couple of years as no money has been put in. The likes of Vik and Hamer didn't come into the club as the players are now. If they both go who is at the club that's ready to step up? If we want to keep progressing the quality of signings is going to have to improve, can't be players that need one or two seasons before they realise their potential

Garlana86

As daunting as it sounds, if they are inevitably going, I just hope it's sooner rather than later. I don't want the Hamer/Vik transfer saga to drag on till just before the season starts, leaving no time to get in players and then end up getting Sean Maguire equivalents last minute.

I want to see the excitement of us buying and loaning loads of players as early as possible, fill the summer with excitement and anticipation and to give the new comers chance to get embedded, get some friendlies under their belts and ready to hit the ground running start of the season.

All of this likely goes without saying of course...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If a Dutch team come calling, he’ll be gone.
Not necessarily. Dutch football is hardly heaving with cash and if they're only willing to offer a few million or something I don't think it's worth us letting him leave.

There are the rumours that he wants to go back because of his family, and I wouldn't want to deny him that, but we have to consider our own investment. Is there a risk he could 'down tools' if we denied him a move home because it didn't stack up financially? I don't think his pride would let him give less than his all, but he could well be unhappy.

We'll be looking for around £10m for him, and chances are that isn't going to be coming from Holland. So if we get a bid from elsewhere around that figure he'd have to decide whether or not to go. But we can't let him leave for a paltry value to a particular team or league jut because that's where they want to go.

DownUnderDingo

Yakou Meite seems an interesting one, got double figures a few times at Reading and seems like strong forward.
Can’t recall him being a stand out player at the home or away games (if he played) but my memory isn’t what it was.
I really hope we get McNally back, think Doyle will be on loan in the Prem or top level abroad but he’s got better and better as the season has gone on and Fadz has brought this out of him.
Callum's good but not ready for the PL. I wouldn't be surprised if we keep all our loans from this season either by signing them perm or another loan.

GIMOC

Not necessarily. Dutch football is hardly heaving with cash and if they're only willing to offer a few million or something I don't think it's worth us letting him leave.

There are the rumours that he wants to go back because of his family, and I wouldn't want to deny him that, but we have to consider our own investment. Is there a risk he could 'down tools' if we denied him a move home because it didn't stack up financially? I don't think his pride would let him give less than his all, but he could well be unhappy.

We'll be looking for around £10m for him, and chances are that isn't going to be coming from Holland. So if we get a bid from elsewhere around that figure he'd have to decide whether or not to go. But we can't let him leave for a paltry value to a particular team or league jut because that's where they want to go.

2 points.

1) he currently has one year left on his contract. If he doesn’t sign an improved contract that puts us in a difficult position. Do we let it run and hope we get promotion but if we don’t we lose out on 6-8 mill on him now.

2) Feyenoord just won the league and be playing champions league next season. The extra money could be the difference.

shmmeee

Must have shifted a fair bit of extra merchandise though. Although I can’t imagine there’s huge margins there.

Well I paid someone £20 for a scarf that said “Robin’s Army” on it, whoever Robin is. They certainly made markup.

Skybluedownunder

We should offer him a new deal that puts a £5m release clause in for Feyenoord but £10m for everybody else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perryccfc

I was saying yesterday, if all we can realistically get for him is around 7/8m due to contract situation, I think it’s worth seriously considering keeping him for his last year and losing him on a free. IMO he is irreplaceable.

samccov1987

If Da’Silva is coming that’s left back/left centre back cover. Put money up for McNally.

Doyle won’t be starting for Man City and cant see them loaning to a premiership rival so get him on a season loan.

Cuffy and Ebanks Blake the same to continue their development and benefit from the time we have given them.

The two Stevenage lads if true also cover right back and CB.

That would seem to sort the defence with only McNally costing a transfer fee although granted might be wishful thinking to get all the loans back.

Assuming Vik goes for £25m then we’d need two strikers to replace him and Walker plus a midfielder to replace Kelly.

If Hamer goes then you’d need two players to replace what he does for us defensively and offensively.

It’s going to be a summer of churn but if we do get the fee for Vik id back us to strengthen the squad and be competitive.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

2 points.

1) he currently has one year left on his contract. If he doesn’t sign an improved contract that puts us in a difficult position. Do we let it run and hope we get promotion but if we don’t we lose out on 6-8 mill on him now.

2) Feyenoord just won the league and be playing champions league next season. The extra money could be the difference.
Like I said it would depend on what is offered by, say, Feyenoord.

At least we have the ability to make the decision as he's still under contract. We would need to try and replace him with another creative midfielder, and as it's almost certain we won't get someone of the same quality you'd have to be looking at bringing in two so at least the squad is improved. Can the fee and his wages cover that? If not, is it worth letting him leave for a reduced fee?

For me, I think he's worth £10m. The club may consider a deal, given his contract situation, at around £6-7m plus add-ons. If it's less than that then I think we turn it down.

Nuskyblue

Yakou Meite seems an interesting one, got double figures a few times at Reading and seems like strong forward.
Can’t recall him being a stand out player at the home or away games (if he played) but my memory isn’t what it was.
I really hope we get McNally back, think Doyle will be on loan in the Prem or top level abroad but he’s got better and better as the season has gone on and Fadz has brought this out of him.
He’s off the back of a big injury, I think his first game back was at the back end of last season when we played them away (he was a handful), all pace and power, he caused us problem. In theory, if he was over the injury he’d have some consistency in his performances by now.

Calista

Well I paid someone £20 for a scarf that said “Robin’s Army” on it, whoever Robin is. They certainly made markup.
Don't worry, it'll be like a stamp with a scarce printing anomaly. You can put it up at Sotheby's where the catalogue will say 'Lot 238 - unique opportunity to own a rare 2023 "apostrophe error" Coventry City football scarf, one of only three known examples, the others being held in the vaults of institutional investors'.

Hod dog

If Da’Silva is coming that’s left back/left centre back cover. Put money up for McNally.

Doyle won’t be starting for Man City and cant see them loaning to a premiership rival so get him on a season loan.

Cuffy and Ebanks Blake the same to continue their development and benefit from the time we have given them.

The two Stevenage lads if true also cover right back and CB.

That would seem to sort the defence with only McNally costing a transfer fee although granted might be wishful thinking to get all the loans back.

Assuming Vik goes for £25m then we’d need two strikers to replace him and Walker plus a midfielder to replace Kelly.

If Hamer goes then you’d need two players to replace what he does for us defensively and offensively.

It’s going to be a summer of churn but if we do get the fee for Vik id back us to strengthen the squad and be competitive.

Da Silva cover at Left Centre back? hes Tiny!!
Doyle it sounds is going abroad on Loan
Cuffy will not be returning but id be open to it
Ebanks blake????? hes 37 now and hasnt played since 2019 when he was at Walsall wood
Stevenage Lads if they sign are not sorting our back line out, they are cover and nothing else.
Mcnally isnt coming back
agree we need two strikers,
Kelly will be given a 12 month contract

samccov1987

Da Silva cover at Left Centre back? hes Tiny!!
Doyle it sounds is going abroad on Loan
Cuffy will not be returning but id be open to it
Ebanks blake????? hes 37 now and hasnt played since 2019 when he was at Walsall wood
Stevenage Lads if they sign are not sorting our back line out, they are cover and nothing else.
Mcnally isnt coming back
agree we need two strikers,
Kelly will be given a 12 month contract
Lol Esbrand I meant.

Agree the Stevenage lads are there for cover.

Thought we had a good shout to get McNally back.

Robinshio

Why do they get anything from the final??

Edit: EFL says they don’t: EFL Official Website - Rules & Regulations

Cwnt find a more up to date one so assume that still applies.
we will end up with around £2m - £2.5m

25% of 50% of total semi final receipts (probably around £300k) 50% split evenly between 4 clubs, 50% to the league
50% of final receipts = around £2m (agreement where loser in every year bar one takes the winners share) - league takes other 50%

league also takes all TV money
Receipts includes hospitality etc, but is net of expenses

shmmeee

we will end up with around £2m - £2.5m

25% of 50% of total semi final receipts (probably around £300k) 50% split evenly between 4 clubs, 50% to the league
50% of final receipts = around £2m (agreement where loser in every year bar one takes the winners share) - league takes other 50%

league also takes all TV money
Receipts includes hospitality etc, but is net of expenses

Swiss Ramble on Twitter, take appropriate salt, recons £3M+ in gate receipts from the final if Luton give us their share.

slowpoke

Agree the Stevenage lads are there for cover.

Thought we had a good shout to get McNally back.
[/QUOTE]
Stevenage did get promotion this year I like you know nothing about these Stevenage pair don’t know if the rumour is true or not but I wouldn’t assume they were just signed for cover, plenty of good players in the lower leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread