How to spend 30 million pounds. (4 Viewers)

Voice_of_Reason

Assuming we get around 30 million for Gus and Vic, it provides an opportunity to build a stronger, more balanced, team/squad for next season. As brilliant as this team were this season, the balance overall of aging players, loan players and some not quite up to Championship standard. I really do suggest that next season we will at least finish in the top 6.

SBT

I feel a lot more confident about next year knowing that Hamer is going to command a pretty big fee. The question is whether Dean Austin is able to pull two or three rabbits out the hat like Badlan did - I really hope we don’t try to replace Vik and Gus with two ‘big’ signings, I just don’t see it working.

NorthernWisdom

- I really hope we don’t try to replace Vik and Gus with two ‘big’ signings, I just don’t see it working.
We do have a management team who seem to have made those days a thing of the past. That said there's room for a decrepit centre half and a hoary old brute of a striker for dinner experience if needs be... although the players under contract are all pretty experienced themselves now.

Robinshio

Even if we bank the hamer money surely £10m. We should be spending £20m+. But we need at least 10 to good players and 5 quality loanees.

CCFCSteve

I feel a lot more confident about next year knowing that Hamer is going to command a pretty big fee. The question is whether Dean Austin is able to pull two or three rabbits out the hat like Badlan did - I really hope we don’t try to replace Vik and Gus with two ‘big’ signings, I just don’t see it working.

Can’t see that happening, massive rebuild needed with loans leaving and players out of contract. Those two are possibly irreplaceable for us at this level but hopefully the cash will help to make us a stronger side/squad. As Ohares injury has proven relying on a couple of key players can be risky

its a buzzard

Yes, don't get hooked on looking for like-for-like replacements; with Vik and Gus gone you're building the creative side from scratch effectively, with a nod to COH.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

jim20

I think the best outcome for the club is to sell Vik for £25m+ and then tie Gus down for 3/4 more years (with the probable understanding he could go in 2 if we don’t make it up). Then build around Ohare and Gus.

we as fans need to continue to get behind the team. If I didn’t live 4 hours away I’d be buying a season ticket. We need to continue to play our part!

NorthernWisdom

I think the best outcome for the club is to sell Vik for £25m+ and then tie Gus down for 3/4 more years (with the probable understanding he could go in 2 if we don’t make it up). Then build around Ohare and Gus.

we as fans need to continue to get behind the team. If I didn’t live 4 hours away I’d be buying a season ticket. We need to continue to play our part!
You're assuming Hamer wants to sign a new contract

Grendel

Hamer may not even go

dadgad

The CCFC way is about slow development with a few old heads showing the way. That model must be continued.

SAJ

As I understand it there has been a new contract in the table for months for both of them.
In my opinion they have earned their opportunity to play at a higher level and for me I wish them both well. You only need to read the interview with Hamer last week where he tells of his dream to go back to Feyenoord.
If either of them are here come the first week of August I will be amazed. I only hope that if they are going to move on it’s done quickly so we can buy who they want now not be left with what others don’t want.

Mucca Mad Boys

Hamer may not even go

Oddly optimistic for you Grendel. Why do you think that? He does seem to hold the club closer to heart than Gyokeres who has made it clear he wants to make the step up.

Of Hamer and Gyokeres, Hamer has put himself in the shop window over April and the playoffs. POTM for April, scored 2 goals against Middlesborough and scored against Luton. Perhaps it went under the radar that Hamer really is our MVP and is ready to make the step up.

wingy

As I understand it there has been a new contract in the table for months for both of them.
In my opinion they have earned their opportunity to play at a higher level and for me I wish them both well. You only need to read the interview with Hamer last week where he tells of his dream to go back to Feyenoord.
If either of them are here come the first week of August I will be amazed. I only hope that if they are going to move on it’s done quickly so we can buy who they want now not be left with what others don’t want.
That interview was back in April.

pusbccfc

The new recruitment team will have been planning for this scenario, hopefully. Spending money developing a team is the most important part but there's other bits too.

Some of the things have already been done. We need to develop as a club and since Doug has arrived we have made a start. Maintaining crowds of 20,000 Coventry fans has to be an aim. Developing the matchday experience at the CBS to ensure fans are spending money in and around the ground.

We've improved the facilities at Ryton and need to ensure we have one of the best pitches in the division next season.

The general running of the club needs to step up too. The media team has come on leaps and bounds but the marketing needs to improve. There were no community days or major ticketing deals last season. When we play Rotherham at home, get the place full with a deal.

There were a lot of families at Wembley on Saturday. Many of which would have spend hundreds of pounds travelling, purchasing tickets etc. It would cost some families less next season to buy a season ticket for an adult and two children in the family stand. It's vital we get those people in seats for most games next year.

pusbccfc

Go back 3 months ago and we'd all have been confident Hamer would stay and Vik would be gone. Gus has been the best player in the division since Easter. It's hard to see clubs not wanting to take a punt on what would be a cheap deal. £10m for a club like Brentford or Brighton is a affordable for them.

cstring82

Callum Doyle, Luke McNally, Yakou Meite or Messi for a game
Yakou Meite seems an interesting one, got double figures a few times at Reading and seems like strong forward.
Can’t recall him being a stand out player at the home or away games (if he played) but my memory isn’t what it was.
I really hope we get McNally back, think Doyle will be on loan in the Prem or top level abroad but he’s got better and better as the season has gone on and Fadz has brought this out of him.

slowpoke

Aren’t we due to announce season ticket details soon, accompanying that with positive news on Hamer, Gyorkeres or even both might help sell a few.

CCFCSteve

Go back 3 months ago and we'd all have been confident Hamer would stay and Vik would be gone. Gus has been the best player in the division since Easter. It's hard to see clubs not wanting to take a punt on what would be a cheap deal. £10m for a club like Brentford or Brighton is a affordable for them.

It’s a no brainer of a punt when you look at players brought in from abroad and clubs don’t even know if they’ll settle, let alone perform. He’s got all the attributes to succeed at a higher level and playing with and against top level opponents will push him even further.

I might be biased but I think if he lands at the right club with a coach that brings out the best in him, he will become a regular, potentially higher level, premier league player. Just hope we get really good money for him as he’s worth it

Users who are viewing this thread