How many people use Dark Mode? (1 Viewer)

Would you use Dark Mode?

• Total voters

Nick

Administrator
Before I look into making the forum automatically go dark inline with browser settings to help with the eyes etc, who actually uses it on their devices and would use it?

shmmeee

I'm dark mode for everything I can be, not too fussed about on here, but if it was an option Id probably use it.

Nick

Administrator
I'm dark mode for everything I can be, not too fussed about on here, but if it was an option Id probably use it.

On a timer on your device?

I think there is a way I can automate it to link to the device settings (so at night it shows and day its like this).

shmmeee

On a timer on your device?

I think there is a way I can automate it to link to the device settings (so at night it shows and day its like this).

No I'm just a bit goth so have it all the time :p

I think because I code in dark mode I'm just used to it. TBH less bothered about websites.

Nick

Administrator
I tend to Code in dark mode also.

Do you set it on your device? I may see if there's a way to have it as an option too then so if people prefer it they can have that!

shmmeee

I tend to Code in dark mode also.

Do you set it on your device? I may see if there's a way to have it as an option too then so if people prefer it they can have that!

I do on iOS, on Windows I find very few apps respect it, but have it set there too. I hacked SQL Server Management Studio to be dark mode beta and it's unusable, which tells you how seriously MS take it.

TTG

For the people who said yes.

Would you prefer dark blues or greys?
Why don't you set both and make it prompt as a message when everyone next logs in whether they want light, dark blue, or grey? and a preview of each one?

TTG

Because it means making 3 different themes ;)
Fair point haha - how do I know what will look better if I haven't seen them though!

D

Deleted member 4232

Can't say I ever have, sorry Nick

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

win9nut

The name of the person being quoted when in Dark mode could use lightening up a bit... Can you see where it says "Nick Said:" below
1594912757154.png

shmmeee

Just turned it on and shrank my text. Very nice.

Do have to guess what some buttons are saying but I like that Alpha version pre release feel. Makes me feel special.

usskyblue

Just enabled it. WTF ...

129055.gif

Nick

Administrator
OK so in the footer there is now a switch to make it light / dark.

If you put your device in dark mode it will do it automatically, take it out and it goes back to light (unless you force it in settings)

shmmeee

That’s awesome. Actually switched my phone to automatic changing just for that. Love it.

Nick

Administrator
That’s awesome. Actually switched my phone to automatic changing just for that. Love it.

Did it work? So should be light in daytime then dark at night (or unless you manually do it)

Icon in the footer for easy switching. Will work on the themes a bit more when I get chance.

shmmeee

Did it work? So should be light in daytime then dark at night (or unless you manually do it)

Icon in the footer for easy switching. Will work on the themes a bit more when I get chance.

Yep. Switched to default and it was still dark, changed my iPhone settings and it went white. Awesome.

Nick

Administrator
Let me know anything thats hard to see on the dark theme and I can adjust it. I'll brand it more later.

win9nut

Works really well with the "Just Black" Chrome Browser (PC) theme

1594915234458.png

This is on work laptop so only so much more customisation I can do on this machine.

Reactions: TTG

Users who are viewing this thread