How can you stop supporting your football team? (2 Viewers)

Lambo58

I don't care either. There are bigger things for us to worry about at the moment. I shall check the score but not care if we lose. When they come back to Coventry I might one day start to feel part of the club again.

We all care about CCFC else we wouldn't be on here.
If you care about CCFC, how can you not care about the result tomorrow or whether we get relegated?

letsallsingtogether

We have been battered by Sisu had forums never listened to one supporter we can only take so much life is too short.
I do care if we lose but can't drag myself to Northampton to watch a team that is not Coventry City as I know it.

Absolutely Gutted but Sisu won't care till we are dead then they will smurk WE DID THAT.
I don't care either. There are bigger things for us to worry about at the moment. I shall check the score but not care if we lose. When they come back to Coventry I might one day start to feel part of the club again.

We all care about CCFC else we wouldn't be on here.

Lambo58

I will correct your statement, I did say I don't care what happens tomorrow because I have had enough, that's life however I did not say "I don't care if we get relegated" I said think we will be relegated imho.
Ye ok sorry, but a loss tomorrow is a step further to relegation, so it doesn't make much difference.

I just want to reiterate to everyone that I don't think boycotting 'home games' means you're not a real fan. I totally understand that. I'm just talking about those who have stated that they are giving up and are not going to support cov anymore

Skyblue4u

How is it possible to just stop supporting Cov?

I've seen many people saying that this is the end for them supporting Coventry, as a supporter myself i couldn't do it and can't see how any other real supporter could.

Support the players, most of which are from Coventry presenting their city playing football.

Many of the people i am talking about have stated how they have been supporters for 50 odd years etc. In my lifetime supporting Coventry i have never experienced any success with Coventry let alone a reasonable finish in the league table. How can you state your previous devotion and loyalty to Cov and just hive up now.

You don't need to stop loving Coventry City but you need to stop giving them financial support because it will just be feeding Sisu .

Look out for the result, watch them on TV and know you'll be helping rid the club of fisher and co

Brighton Sky Blue

Those going to Northampton to watch the teenagers get spanked are welcome to do so. At best I am completely disinterested in what the team does (relegation a near certainty though), which is about as much as I can muster for this joke masquerading as Coventry City. I genuinely feel sorry for the youngsters being forced to cut their teeth in such circumstances as for some it could be an experience they don't recover from as footballers.

mark82

If you care about CCFC, how can you not care about the result tomorrow or whether we get relegated?

It's just not going to feel the same not being able to go to games. If we got relegated the next 2 seasons I wouldn't care. I'm not saying I want them to get relegated, I just don't care that much. To be honest I just feel numb about it all at the moment. It's depressing. Part of me thinks if I supported a newly formed breakaway club it would become fun again. However, that club would have to play in Coventry, in sky blue, etc.. and I would have to be able to sing the songs we all know and love

mark82

Those going to Northampton to watch the teenagers get spanked are welcome to do so. At best I am completely disinterested in what the team does (relegation a near certainty though), which is about as much as I can muster for this joke masquerading as Coventry City. I genuinely feel sorry for the youngsters being forced to cut their teeth in such circumstances as for some it could be an experience they don't recover from as footballers.

Exactly how I feel at the moment.

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly how I feel at the moment.

It's so difficult to accept that such a huge hole has been created for the club when a solution surely can't be that difficult to reach. We should not be looking at going down to the fecking fourth tier, with a wheelbarrow for a club shop and home games played in Northampton, with a top flight class stadium in our own back yard. There are over 300,000 people in Coventry alone and countless more in the surrounding parts of Warwickshire-how on Earth has it got to this stage?

I am so angry at all who have put personal pride (in SISU and ACL's case) and taking the easy option (FL) ahead of a club that could be so much more than this pitiful excuse for CCFC.

Saints_Velleity

I came on here in April 2012 after the last game of the season when Southampton were promoted after the final game against your lads. I was seriously impressed with the fact that many (possibly most) your fans stayed back at the end of the game to watch our promotion celebrations at a time when you would have had every right to be bitter.

Well, at the time, I said I'd always have a soft spot for you. And I was right. Such a soft spot that I felt sick when I heard the news today. And we've been there, so I know how it feels. We've been through the pain you're going through and only escaped by the skin of our teeth.

You can't stop supporting your team and I hope none of you have to - there's a long way to go before you disappear.

Good luck.

Last edited:

bigdave740

I came on here in April 2012 after the last game of the season when Southampton were promoted after the final game against your lads. I was seriously impressed with the fact that many (possibly most) your fans stayed back at the end of the game to watch our promotion celebrations at a time when you would have had every right to be bitter.

Well, at the time, I said I'd always have a soft spot for you. And I was right. Such a soft spot that I felt sick when I heard the news today. And we've been there, so I know how it feels. We've been through the pain you're going through and only escaped by skin of our teeth.

You can't stop supporting your team and I hope none of you have to - there's a long way to go before you disappear.

Good luck.
thanks mate I've always had a soft spot for Southampton bk at the dell me and so my ccfc fans are heartbroken what's upset me most is my kids asking why there dads crying

mark82

Well, at the time, I said I'd always have a soft spot for you. And I was right. Such a soft spot that I felt sick when I heard the news today. And we've been there, so I know how it feels. We've been through the pain you're going through and only escaped by the skin of our teeth.

Good luck.

You had a lucky escape not getting SISU. Coventry & Southampton are traditionally very similar sized clubs. Feel miles apart at the moment.

Brighton Sky Blue

thanks mate I've always had a soft spot for Southampton bk at the dell me and so my ccfc fans are heartbroken what's upset me most is my kids asking why there dads crying

For some reason that post reminded me of Bobby Gould's pleas on the radio a while back. He played for a local team in Coventry my late grandfather managed and it was there where he got spotted and from there signed up for City in the '60s-Gould never forgot it and put his professional career down to my old man's old man. He would be sharing your feelings were he alive to see what was happening.

Saints_Velleity

You had a lucky escape not getting SISU. Coventry & Southampton are traditionally very similar sized clubs. Feel miles apart at the moment.

Yes, even our ****head chairman at the time seemed on the ball enough to think SISU had foundations of sand. Could so easily have been us.

Do remember though, we were in the same position as you only five years ago, and four years ago we were within a week of going under forever.

Miracles can, and do, happen.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, even our ****head chairman at the time seemed on the ball enough to think SISU had foundations of sand. Could so easily have been us.

Do remember though, we were in the same position as you only five years ago, and four years ago we were within a week of going under forever.

Miracles can, and do, happen.

A billionaire white knight came out of nowhere-I really don't see that repeating itself.

Covkid1968#

Let me put it in simple terms, we don't have a professional football club representing Coventry. Lets get one thing clear, I supported CCFC because it represented my birth place, the City I love and always will not because it was simply CCFC. Now that this club has moved on to pastures new I would like a new football club to represent my City.

Booom - that sums up how I feel perfectly! cant add to it or amend it...its has put my feelings on CCFC into a single paragraph. Top man!!

magic82ball

because its a forgone conclusion you thick bastard.

Spionkop

RFC, do you not realise what has happened? Your team (my team) doesn't play in Coventry anymore.
They won't play here for at least 5 years, if ever.
They are gone, barring an 11th hour miracle.
There is already building talk amongst the fans about creating the true CCFC here in Coventry (if it has to happen). The Northampton travesty will wither and die if that happens. With the true CCFC rising up again.
You're like someone sticking their fingers in their ears and humming and telling themselves it hasn't happened.

Users who are viewing this thread