How can you stop supporting your football team? (1 Viewer)

Lambo58

How is it possible to just stop supporting Cov?

I've seen many people saying that this is the end for them supporting Coventry, as a supporter myself i couldn't do it and can't see how any other real supporter could.

Support the players, most of which are from Coventry presenting their city playing football.

Many of the people i am talking about have stated how they have been supporters for 50 odd years etc. In my lifetime supporting Coventry i have never experienced any success with Coventry let alone a reasonable finish in the league table. How can you state your previous devotion and loyalty to Cov and just hive up now.

bigfatronssba

I've seen many people saying that this is the end for them supporting Coventry, as a supporter myself i couldn't do it and can't see how any other real supporter could.

Support the players, most of which are from Coventry presenting their city playing football.

Many of the people i am talking about have stated how they have been supporters for 50 odd years etc. In my lifetime supporting Coventry i have never experienced any success with Coventry let alone a reasonable finish in the league table. How can you state your previous devotion and loyalty to Cov and just hive up now.

There is no professional football team in Coventry anymore. Who am I supposed to be supporting?

Always remember, we're still here, they are the ones who left for Northampton.

mrbluesky87

Let me put it in simple terms, we don't have a professional football club representing Coventry. Lets get one thing clear, I supported CCFC because it represented my birth place, the City I love and always will not because it was simply CCFC. Now that this club has moved on to pastures new I would like a new football club to represent my City.

skybluelee

I just feel completely numb. Its been a slow gradual progression over the last two years starting with when sisu sold the entire first team and left us with a squad of teenagers.

When I think about the time and money I have spent over the years, obsessively following the club I loved, and now, thanks to Joy and her cronies, I don't even know or care who we are playing after the Bristol City game.

They have killed my club.

Otis

Let me put it in simple terms, we don't have a professional football club representing Coventry. Lets get one thing clear, I supported CCFC because it represented my birth place, the City I love and always will not because it was simply CCFC. Now that this club has moved on to pastures new I would like a new football club to represent my City.

Let me put it in simple terms. I have been going up since 1968. That has been to a Coventry City team in Coventry.

i will not travel 34 miles to a 'home' game at someone else's ground when we have our own perfectly good stadium right here in Coventry.

Northampton isn't pastures new. If that's the way you see it then you have obviously accepted Northampton as our new home, for however longer that may be.

You also have to accept that you are in a tiny, tiny minority of people who agree with you, if the sales figures are to be believed.

ccfcway

question , (success asside) Is Living in Coventry supporting a team playing in Northampton any different to someone living in Coventry supporting Man Utd ?

bigfatronssba

Let me put it in simple terms. I have been going up since 1968. That has been to a Coventry City team in Coventry.

i will not travel 34 miles to a 'home' game at someone else's ground when we have our own perfectly good stadium right here in Coventry.

Northampton isn't pastures new. If that's the way you see it then you have obviously accepted Northampton as our new home, for however longer that may be.

You also have to accept that you are in a tiny, tiny minority of people who agree with you, if the sales figures are to be believed.

Is it me or did you reply to the wrong post there?

hutch1972

when you clock up 50 years you will understand , do not think a couple of decent seasons can overide the bilge served up inbetween.
Having said that i will always support them regardless , but i will not go near Northampton !

mrbluesky87

question , (success asside) Is Living in Coventry supporting a team playing in Northampton any different to someone living in Coventry supporting Man Utd ?
Correct, couldn't disagree, but I was brought up on making sure I supported my home town club regardless of success which is what I have try to install in to my children. Thus I don't have a home town club?

Lambo58

I completely agree and understand people not going to Northampton. I don't expect anyone to do that. I didn't mention it cause i did in my last thread a few mins ago. However that last thread people were saying that they couldn't care less if we won or loss tomorrow or if we got relegated, which i just couldn't understand

mark82

Don't think you read that properly Otis!

skybluehugh

They are representing SHITSU not THE CITY OF COVENTRY

mark82

no real fan has stopped supporting cov today

We get it, you are the only real fan. I hope you enjoy Northampton, I really do, but I want a club that represents me and other CCFC fans and ironically that is not CCFC.

I will never stop supporting CCFC but I cannot wait 5 years + to watch a team play in my home city. I need something to do with my Saturday's when I am in Coventry so I would support a new club if it came about (at least temporarily). To be honest your view is becoming the minority.

ccfcway

They are representing SHITSU not THE CITY OF COVENTRY

They are only playing cause we are in an embargo, due to SISU...

Its not as if its the Celtic European Cup winning team all from the local area....

We are left with kids, because that is all we have. I really dont like saying this, and really sorry if he is reading this, but for people like Callum Wilson, this is the higlight of his career. These kids are in it above their heads...

I feel so sorry for Jordan Willis, our one and only CB. 2 bad games and he will be a wreck of a player

mark82

How can you say you're a real fan, yet not care how we get on tomorrow or if we get relegated, which is what you said in my last thread

I don't care either. There are bigger things for us to worry about at the moment. I shall check the score but not care if we lose. When they come back to Coventry I might one day start to feel part of the club again.

We all care about CCFC else we wouldn't be on here.

mrbluesky87

How can you say you're a real fan, yet not care how we get on tomorrow or if we get relegated, which is what you said in my last thread
I will correct your statement, I did say I don't care what happens tomorrow because I have had enough, that's life however I did not say "I don't care if we get relegated" I said think we will be relegated imho.

Users who are viewing this thread