Horrible feeling (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I cant believe that I don't give a shit anymore. I am city till I die, but I don't let people who really don't give a shit about our club, our future and our fans fuck my weekend up anymore.
There is no pride or passion on or off the pitch. Again we go on a run get a decent crowd in and we lose. I don't mind losing but it is the way we lose that pisses me off.
Fuck SISU
Fuck The Players
and Fuck anyone else that has anything to do with the shambles that is produced week in and week out, season after season

covboy1987

that it will be us that will be relegated next Sunday,God i hope i am wrong i can't bear the thought of us being a league 2 side

To be perfectly honest if we were playing Crawley at home i think we would lose and good chance of going down - The positives is that we are playing quite well away from home and our destiny is in our own hands - If we do not not a point at least at Crawley then we deserve to go down -

stupot07

God knows how bad we must have been then.

I wouldn't agree that crewe were a terrible side yesterday, have seen worst teams come to the Ricoh (and get a result). They had a well thought out game plan And executed it well. We were very poor though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Brighton Sky Blue

I wouldn't agree that crewe were a terrible side yesterday, have seen worst teams come to the Ricoh (and get a result). They had a well thought out game plan And executed it well. We were very poor though.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I have been to only a handful of games this season but Chesterfield, who have now secured a play-off spot, were one of the worst sides I have seen us play full stop. That shows how dreadful this league is and how appalling we have had to be to be hanging on for safety. Average sides made to look good because we don't know how to defend and don't know how to score.

sylus

I am hoping to go to Crawley. Not seen us lose this season. Just saying....

i hope you go! and that not seeing us lose continues,i really thought before the match yesterday that we would not lose at least,maybe do enough to get over the line,how wrong i was.now we go to Crawley and we prey the result or other results go our way,but this Coventry City and nothing is ever straight forward.

davebow87

Completely agree with you. Just look at the bristol game. Nobody on this league is that much better than us. We have caused all of this problem by our ridiculous defending at home

Brighton Sky Blue

Completely agree with you. Just look at the bristol game. Nobody on this league is that much better than us. We have caused all of this problem by our ridiculous defending at home

If a competent manager had been installed at the start of the season we would be sitting comfortably in the top half, and we will be next season if we can just stay out of the bottom 4 for another week.

stupot07

I have been to only a handful of games this season but Chesterfield, who have now secured a play-off spot, were one of the worst sides I have seen us play full stop. That shows how dreadful this league is and how appalling we have had to be to be hanging on for safety. Average sides made to look good because we don't know how to defend and don't know how to score.

Bingo, which for all the pretty passing makes us a poor side. Games are lost and won through goals.

stupot07

To be fair though, even in the PL burnley managed to draw away against Chelsea, you wouldn't suggest they are not much better than burnley. Bristol City are a lot better than us, that's why they nearly double the amount of points we do, scored nearly double the amount of goals we have, conceded nearly half the goals we have, and have run away with the league all season.

Last edited:

desertfox

It's the lack of backbone that worries me the most. The sort of players you need in a fight. JOB and Reda most certainly tick the boxes, but Fleck? Barton? Nouble? Martin?

Big concern next week if Pennington is out and Willis is still injured. Aaron Martin doesn't instill me with any confidence whatsoever.

I think Pennington being out is almost certain. He doesn't strike me as someone who goes off at half time for no reason, and I can't see Everton risking him longer term for one Cov game, critical though it is to us.

stupot07

I think Pennington being out is almost certain. He doesn't strike me as someone who goes off at half time for no reason, and I can't see Everton risking him longer term for one Cov game, critical though it is to us.

He was limping for the last 5-10 mins of the first half, and told phillips a couple of times not to pass to him. Can't see him being fit for next week.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bingo, which for all the pretty passing makes us a poor side. Games are lost and won through goals.

I wouldn't say we even manage the pretty passing. It still stands out to me from Crewe away when O'Brien under no pressure whatsoever passed the ball straight to one of their players, with none of ours even close. Someone said once that you don't have to be good in League One, just not as bad as everyone else.

stupot07

I wouldn't say we even manage the pretty passing. It still stands out to me from Crewe away when O'Brien under no pressure whatsoever passed the ball straight to one of their players, with none of ours even close. Someone said once that you don't have to be good in League One, just not as bad as everyone else.

Yep, you're not wrong.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've said it before and I'll say it again........... We're doomed, I tells ya! Doomed! :D

Otis

what does that make us ?

If you see some of my other posts, I said just as much.

That first 25 mins especially, Crewe were dreadful and they were passing the ball out of play, or misplacing passes straight to our players, or were losing possession and every time we got near their box they looked really shaky.

That just shows how bad we truly were upon going a goal down.

For me Crewe were one of the worst sides I have seen up here this season.

fellatio_Martinez

All the talk of guaranteed safety on here since last weekend was just silly. Having supported this club for most of my life I know never to be sure of anything until it happens. Some of you gumps should be locked up.

The CableGuy

If we go down we deserve to go down, no doubt about it. Leyton Orient, Oldham, Crewe - 3 big chances to ease away from trouble and we've blown the bloody lot. If we lose on Sunday I won't blame the Football Gods for not offering help from other teams.

Gazolba

Don't worry, if we get relegated we will bounce right back - in 20 years or so. Five more years and Burge will be the best keeper in L2.

Gazolba

If you see some of my other posts, I said just as much.

That first 25 mins especially, Crewe were dreadful and they were passing the ball out of play, or misplacing passes straight to our players, or were losing possession and every time we got near their box they looked really shaky.

That just shows how bad we truly were upon going a goal down.

For me Crewe were one of the worst sides I have seen up here this season.

No matter how bad the other sides are, they take one look at us and they gain confidence. There is no-one in the Coventry team to strike fear into the opposition. Well maybe Reda now and again or Samuel but he is gone.

James Smith

It's all so bloody depressing. :(

Hobo

If we go down we deserve to go down, no doubt about it. Leyton Orient, Oldham, Crewe - 3 big chances to ease away from trouble and we've blown the bloody lot. If we lose on Sunday I won't blame the Football Gods for not offering help from other teams.

Apart from Bristol we have been playing teams around us in the run in. It was like when we were relegated under Thorne we were in a reasonable position with about 10 games to go and imploded.

I know Mowbray has improved things and has got us looking more solid. But my criticism is of the players, it has been in their hands. Even under Pressley they were not actually doing what he wanted them to most of the time. I don't dispute Pressley lacked quality and didn't desrve the sack. But he wasn't the main cause of the problem. I have been saying this all season, the players themselves have under performed and have been the biggest part of the problem.

I cant believe that I don't give a shit anymore. I am city till I die, but I don't let people who really don't give a shit about our club, our future and our fans fuck my weekend up anymore.
There is no pride or passion on or off the pitch. Again we go on a run get a decent crowd in and we lose. I don't mind losing but it is the way we lose that pisses me off.
Fuck SISU
Fuck The Players
and Fuck anyone else that has anything to do with the shambles that is produced week in and week out, season after season
I've been like that for months now, it's a shame that the club/players have managed to break the spirit of so many.

Otis

And of course Crawley too. We would have lost to them as well. So in recent weeks it would be, Orient, Crewe and Crawley.

phildownunder

I was one of those thinking we were practically home and dry esp after the Bristol game. Like many others I didn`t see the Crewe result coming. I thought we`d get a draw at least.

I still think we`ll probably be ok though. From all accounts, even the better players such as Johnson and Ward had an off day, making matters worse on Saturday. Given the recent away form there are grounds for expecting better from them and the rest on Sunday. There`s a lot of pressure on Crawley who, unlike us, have to win and will have to come at us, so the all important thing will be to deny them space and try to keep a clean sheet again if we can which the team have shown (away from home) that they can do eg at Peterboro and Notts Co. All this is pretty obvious I know, but the longer the game goes scoreless the more the pressure will be on them if we can manage to stifle them, and we might just be able to hit them on the break Crewe style.

Of course this may all go wrong if they score first but looking at it now I`d rather be in our position than theirs and that goes for the other teams involved in this scrap as well.

Users who are viewing this thread