Horrible feeling (2 Viewers)

sylus

that it will be us that will be relegated next Sunday,God i hope i am wrong i can't bear the thought of us being a league 2 side

skybluetony176

Have the same feeling. Too many teams around us are playing teams who's season are already over. We however are in a six pointer away.

Covcraig@bury

After yesterday I think you could be right. But that's where we deserve to be, the league table never lies.. Personally I don't give a shit anymore and until the cancer Sisu have fecked off that's how it will remain ..

Otis

I have it too.

I was so convinced we were already safe, but I honestly think we will lose next week.

Think it will come down to favours from elsewhere. Not good is it.

bigfatronssba

I think we'll lose next week, but we will probably stay up with one of Crewe or Notts County not doing enough.

Its still shocking though that its come to this and in any other business someone's balls would be on the BBQ for this failure.

Otis

We might find our level next season if we do

Think we both know that if we were relegated we probably wouldn't be pulling up any trees in League 2 and would more than likely just perform exactly the same as we have in League 1.

The Lurker

We might find our level next season if we do
Haven't we said that every season we got relegated since villa park?

Fact were fighting for survival in the 3rd tier sums up our owners. Look at where we were 7 years ago. A comfortable championship team. Now, on the brink of league 2 football (4th tier) thank you sisu for an amazing job of operation non league

westofrayne

I think we will be luck........loose the game but stay up due to another team around us failing to win

Yes we should feel happy about this, but I can't I just have the feeling on inevitability, the same I had the last game of the season at Charlton when we gave up and lost 4-1....not this year but it will be soon

Otis

Colchester Swindon on Tuesday night could be a crucial result for us.

No, I don't think that is an issue. Even if Colchester win on Tuesday, I simply cannot see them beating Preston next Sunday. Preston will need the win to clinch automatic promotion.

Simply cannot see Colchester winning that one, though could see it being a draw, which of course wouldn't affect us at all.

skybluetony176

No, I don't think that is an issue. Even if Colchester win on Tuesday, I simply cannot see them beating Preston next Sunday. Preston will need the win to clinch automatic promotion.

Simply cannot see Colchester winning that one, though could see it being a draw, which of course wouldn't affect us at all.

I'm not so sure. There's always at least one great escape in the league somewhere every season. Swindon have their playoff place secured so could well rest their best players in preparation for playoff games and Preston is a pressure game for both teams so anything can happen.

Lord_Nampil

My hope is the Charlton type came has come a game before it did last time!!! The annoying thing for me is how a few of the players just didn't turn up yesterday! Next weekend they will have to, and I can see a few changes as well...

Important for me Gillingham are very good at home, Crewe are playing Bradford who are not a push over even with nothing to play for, as sunny found out.....

Crawley will come at us so maybe it's bk to counter attack football like fleetwood and Chesterfield.... Turgott and odulusi may have to come in for that to work!

no team has gone down on 52 points......

Lord_Nampil

I'm not so sure. There's always at least one great escape in the league somewhere every season. Swindon have their playoff place secured so could well rest their best players in preparation for playoff games and Preston is a pressure game for both teams so anything can happen.

Yeah but Orient cannot catch us.....

sylus

"no team has gone down on 52 points"

there is always a first time! but i hope you are right.

skybluetony176

Yeah but Orient cannot catch us.....

Granted. But if Colchester win their remaining games, Notts Country win, Crewe draw and we loose at Crawley we're down. That's not an unthinkable set of results. I'll get be much happier (if only for a short while) if Colchester don't pick up all 3 points on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Steve.B50

I genuinly believe we will be ok, have to be as Burton are one of only 7 grounds I have not seen the City play at.

However, there are 4 in Div 2.

we could do a deal with Portmouth that we get the biggest avarage gates outside Prem.

we will be fine.

bigfatronssba

Granted. But if Colchester win their remaining games, Notts Country win Crewe draw and we loose at Crawley we're down. That's not an unthinkable set of results. I'll get be much happier (if only for a short while) if Colchester don't pick up all 3 points on Tuesday.

You can eliminate Colchester from that set of results and we would still go down.

To simplify it, if Crewe draw, and Crawley and Notts County win, then we are down.

Calista

I have it too.

I was so convinced we were already safe, but I honestly think we will lose next week.

Think it will come down to favours from elsewhere. Not good is it.

Otis, I love most of your contributions but I noticed a couple of weeks ago that you said we were “all but mathematically safe”, which was hopelessly off the mark. I had no idea what you meant, because we were only a few points above the drop zone, with Bristol to play away plus two six-pointers. I didn’t challenge it at the time because I didn’t want to spoil your daydream!

Ian1779

As already said... we will know more after Tuesday. If Colchester don't win it will only be Notts County that can catch us other than our opponents.

We could be in a position where if Notts County were losing, then a point would keep us both up.

Let's hope for casual passing round the box like that game in the Championship last season - think it was Huddersfield IIRC.

Otis

Otis, I love most of your contributions but I noticed a couple of weeks ago that you said we were “all but mathematically safe”, which was hopelessly off the mark. I had no idea what you meant, because we were only a few points above the drop zone, with Bristol to play away plus two six-pointers. I didn’t challenge it at the time because I didn’t want to spoil your daydream!

Fair enough, but if we do stay up it could well be the 51 points that we had were indeed enough.

If we lose and so do Notts County, then the 51 points we had when I said we were safe, would indeed have been enough anyway to keep us up.

Otis

As already said... we will know more after Tuesday. If Colchester don't win it will only be Notts County that can catch us other than our opponents.

We could be in a position where if Notts County were losing, then a point would keep us both up.

Let's hope for casual passing round the box like that game in the Championship last season - think it was Huddersfield IIRC.

Errr, Crewe can catch us too. Only behind us on goal difference. Point for them and none for us would see them overtaking us.

rupert_bear

I did say a couple of weeks ago when Otis and a few more were saying we were safe barring an unbelieveble set of reults that we were a long way from safety, hate to say my fears have come to roost. We have all the scenerios as mentioned add to that the Bradford and Gillingham scenerio, who would they rather go down, us possibly managed by Tony Mowbray or their oponents Crewe or Notts County. To stay up i believe it will be down to what we do at Crawley, nothing else, TM needs to put a team out too who look to have a bit of a future here, a job to play for, come 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon too many of this squad will be history here not much incentive to put their necks on the block is it.

Ian1779

Errr, Crewe can catch us too. Only behind us on goal difference. Point for them and none for us would see them overtaking us.

Apologies - you are right. What I meant was that should Colchester go down then there was only 1 relegation place remaining that we could fall into.

Otis

I did say a couple of weeks ago when Otis and a few more were saying we were safe barring an unbelieveble set of reults that we were a long way from safety, hate to say my fears have come to roost. We have all the scenerios as mentioned add to that the Bradford and Gillingham scenerio, who would they rather go down, us possibly managed by Tony Mowbray or their oponents Crewe or Notts County. To stay up i believe it will be down to what we do at Crawley, nothing else, TM needs to put a team out too who look to have a bit of a future here, a job to play for, come 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon too many of this squad will be history here not much incentive to put their necks on the block is it.

I honestly couldn't see us losing yesterday and I was very confident going into yesterday's game and for 25 mins or so, my confidence yesterday grew. We were well on top, looked the only team likely to win and Crewe were very, very poor.

First attack by them though and we're a goal down and everything after that was like a building collapsing. Now we are in serious, serious trouble. It's the lack of backbone that worries me the most and I think Crawley will want it more than us next week. I expect us to be out bullied and outmuscled and Crawley's spirit and desire to be so much greater than our own.

Convinced we will lose. Need favours from elsewhere.

Ian1779

I honestly couldn't see us losing yesterday and I was very confident going into yesterday's game and for 25 mins or so, my confidence yesterday grew. We were well on top, looked the only team likely to win and Crewe were very, very poor.

First attack by them though and we're a goal down and everything after that was like a building collapsing. Now we are in serious, serious trouble. It's the lack of backbone that worries me the most and I think Crawley will want it more than us next week. I expect us to be out bullied and outmuscled and Crawley's spirit and desire to be so much greater than our own.

Convinced we will lose. Need favours from elsewhere.

It reminded me of one of our last games in the Championship, think it was home against Millwall.. we fucking battered them for an hour, got a penalty which McSheffrey duly missed and then we crumbled.

coop

We can't beat teams around us (Colchester the exception).We don't have the players up for a fight hence why we do well against teams that like to play football.I think we will get beat next week because they need to win and will bully us out of the game I also think we will go down. Unbearable

Otis

It reminded me of one of our last games in the Championship, think it was home against Millwall.. we fucking battered them for an hour, got a penalty which McSheffrey duly missed and then we crumbled.

It's the lack of backbone that worries me the most. The sort of players you need in a fight. JOB and Reda most certainly tick the boxes, but Fleck? Barton? Nouble? Martin?

Big concern next week if Pennington is out and Willis is still injured. Aaron Martin doesn't instill me with any confidence whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread