Home fans in South Stand v Preston - Trial Confirmed (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

it's not nonsense is it, it's the FA cup minimum ticket rules

If you are going to be salty at least have a fucking clue what you are talking about

You mean the one I explicitly mentioned in the post you’re replying to? And learn what salty means. Why on earth would I be salty about this?

Thanks for confirming my decision to keep you on mute tho I guess.

David O'Day

Well you'd better inform Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool to name a few about their madness decision to do this which they've been doing for years.
You aren't as likely to give up your ST if you can't get a new one due to a waiting list

David O'Day

You mean the one I explicitly mentioned in the post you’re replying to? And learn what salty means. Why on earth would I be salty about this?

Thanks for confirming my decision to keep you on mute tho I guess.
So muted you replied to a post I made.

Not too smart are you.

Calista

Good. If everyone moves there that’s the singing bit regardless of what the club, the police, or a minority of sitting fans say about it. Majority rules. The whiners who do accidentally sit there will have plenty of other seats to choose from.
You seem to be implying that the club is wasting its time and money on creating a safe standing area in the corner, because all the people who want to stand will get STs in the seating area of the South Stand, leaving the corner empty? And anyone who sits in the South Stand expecting to watch a football match is a 'whiner' if they don't enjoy looking at people's arses instead.
I'm 100% in favour of home fans in the South Stand, but the club is surely going to want 'standers' and 'sitters' to be in the areas designed for them.

Potbellypig

We are in block 15 and a big part of the enjoyment for me and my teenage kids is being in the thick of the atmosphere and the banter with the away fans. Going to be difficult to pick whether to stay in 15 or move over. May have to just gamble on the former if the club don't put anymore info out regarding expectations of sitting/standing in the South.

Calista

Ideally I'd like safe standing for home fans behind the goal, but developing that creates issues around sight lines etc. (discussed ad nauseum in previous threads on here). In that regard, safe standing is much easier to provide in the corner, but if the standing fans are going to move to the 'normal' seats behind the goal, I can see a problem brewing.
The club needs to provide clarity for both types of fans before STs are sold.

pusbccfc

I'll be surprised if a decent number don't move over.

shmmeee

You seem to be implying that the club is wasting its time and money on creating a safe standing area in the corner, because all the people who want to stand will get STs in the seating area of the South Stand, leaving the corner empty? And anyone who sits in the South Stand expecting to watch a football match is a 'whiner' if they don't enjoy looking at people's arses instead.
I'm 100% in favour of home fans in the South Stand, but the club is surely going to want 'standers' and 'sitters' to be in the areas designed for them.

That’s 100% what I am implying.

pusbccfc

Cool story, needs more dragons.

The Drummer and most of the rest of us are staying put.

You'll be surprised. Last month you and many others complained that the set up is wrong with away fans being too far away.

The opportunity to move has been offered and people want to stay far 6 blocks away...

chiefdave

Is this going to be like when people claimed the new location for the family zone would be a disaster because nobody would want to sit there followed by it selling out immediately

pusbccfc

Is this going to be like when people claimed the new location for the family zone would be a disaster because nobody would want to sit there followed by it selling out immediately

It sold out because they were charging £250 for an adult and a kid. Most of those haven't turned up all season.

Liquid Gold

It would be best if the entire corner moved over then the atmosphere overspill goes into the current atmosphere zone. As the club have to provide safe standing for away fans just as home fans then they could just do the back half of that stand and be sorted.

They should release something saying they want this to be the atmosphere zone and there will be tifos or something less shit happening there during the season.

bigfatronssba

So from the sounds of it the reduced segregation means block 9 will also be partially open next year. I’m guessing this could be offered to home or away fans depending on demand

bigfatronssba

The club won't want the drummer and atmosphere moving.

Hence why the standing will be implemented in the corner. They want families by the away fans as it's easy to control.

It's a shame because we have all agreed the atmosphere has been poor since the South Stand has opened (besides Leeds).

If the club were that desperate to have families in the south stand they would move the family zone there

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We are in block 15 and stand and sing all game. Chicken and egg situation really. Would want to move across to behind the goal if that becomes the new singers corner, but not if we have to sit down and be quiet! Will have to gauge the response from the current corner, a poll might be helpful.

The smart move would be, put the Safe standing behind the goal and in the corner, and if they don't, people will just stand like they do anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread