Holiday Memories (1 Viewer)

JonesBob

I will start with an apology because although I am talking about the same opponent, Stoke City, my mind has been playing tricks. December 4th 1970 at Highfield Rd I was a slender lad and as we lived a few miles from Coventry my innocence, or stupidity, enticed me to believe that as we were parking in Stoke, Coventry I believed it was an away game, and nearer to Christmas. City won 1-0 and it holds a special moment in my mind as it was with my Dad. We had a wonderful time and a City win to boot. The second meeting with Stoke was some years later and I believe was actually on Christmas Day and I believe we drew 2-2. For many young lads and lasses the holiday time not only holds memories of bygone family reunions and meetings with relatives and friends it was also a great time for football and being able to wear the kit that was a Xmas pressie. My favourite kit was that 1970 kit and it was a hand-me-down from the son of my Mother's friend. It doesn't matter how poor or rich we became or are becoming we still have the same mind and the same memories.

Travs

My biggest holiday memory of Cov was a summer holiday in Rhodes.... I walked into a regular bar of mine for the saturday scores and there was a Leicester flag across the door, and instantly took a load of shit off a large group of Leicester fans.... i thought it might get hostile as they soon found out i was from Bedworth, and apparently the Baby Squad had been ambushed in a Bedworth pub not long before (i do recall a friday night match at home to Leicester and i think it was that one).

Anyway it went like a dream as we beat Barnsley (possibly 4-1) and Leicester got beat by Blackpool.

The Leicester fans turned out to be alright and i actually ended up going back out with them later that evening to watch Villa get tanked in the late match, which caused merriment all round.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'm confused by this . By holiday do we mean any holiday or Christmas ?
If it's Christmas then it's Christmas. Where has this " holiday" bollocks come from ?

fernandopartridge

My biggest holiday memory of Cov was a summer holiday in Rhodes.... I walked into a regular bar of mine for the saturday scores and there was a Leicester flag across the door, and instantly took a load of shit off a large group of Leicester fans.... i thought it might get hostile as they soon found out i was from Bedworth, and apparently the Baby Squad had been ambushed in a Bedworth pub not long before (i do recall a friday night match at home to Leicester and i think it was that one).

Anyway it went like a dream as we beat Barnsley (possibly 4-1) and Leicester got beat by Blackpool.

The Leicester fans turned out to be alright and i actually ended up going back out with them later that evening to watch Villa get tanked in the late match, which caused merriment all round.
Yes it was the pub in Exhall on the left just before you get to the Black Bank, think it's a supermarket now

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Holiday Mammaries you say? Here you are.........
264361_20210928094200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread