Hoffman and Elliott (3 Viewers)

dongonzalos

problem is Hoffman promised much and delivered nothing other than an insulting offer on the back of a fag packet allegedly of a derisory £1.

(An offer that KD said yes I can get this accepted
An offer that depended on complete confidentiality
An offer in which KD knew the people involved and he himself agreed should not come on letter headed paper until agreed in principle.
An offer that once KD stated I can get this through however I need assurances that I will still be chairman
An offer that then after an hour and a half appeared in the sun.
An offer that was then no longer on the table. )

Much of his promises simply fell away.
Elliott has been front and centre to the past mistakes and the current ones until recent history when kicked out.

(Resigned was not kicked out and yes admits he made a mistake getting involved with SISU. )

yet here we are again pinning hope on these two guys bringing in investors to take over the club?

(The other options are.............
Keep going down the path outlined above. I am ready to change route.
ML and TF laughed at the idea of other investors out there. So I don't think SISU are not leaving any stone unturned looking for investors.
These two have now found two. )

they have found one interested party.

(I guess Mr Haskell may find it strange if that were courting him then off flirting with others. )

That in itself speaks volumes and IF we can establish the golden share issue and it is with CCFC Ltd then the administrator will have other interested parties knocking on his door and willing to buy up small debt and negotiate with ACL for some new terms no doubt. problem is we should all know by now without real tangible assets and revenue of the Arena then that plan would fail again as it would be unsustainable.

(Exactly you need some prepared to do business with Higgs and the council ( Haskell) not alienate them (SISU) )

ACL/Council must come out and recognise they are strangling the football club out of existence by not offering a deal on the Arena complex.

(They do they just can't do business with SISU)

Good for them good for the football club, good for the taxpayers of Coventry and would put an end to all this nonsense.

(Agree Haskell offers this)

If the golden share is with Holdings legally then SISU carry on or we would think so at least but for how long?

( their model is doomed)

It's brinkmanship on all sides and I just hope the share is with CCFC LTD and the administrator can sell the bloody thing to a bidder not connected with the past and one who will be able to get long term solutions over the Ricoh arena from the Council who own it.

(The ties are there you will probably have to deal with that like you say one other option at the moment)

Break up ACL in the process and form a new lease. make the football club sustainable.

(That was SISU's plan that is doomed to fail)

dongonzalos

What have they actually done to be treated as heroes? They've been involved in this regime and the previous ones (Elliott definitely) and when you compare PO to Hoffman and Elliott to Clarke, it is a lot more hostile towards Clarke? Why? All Cov fans, all been involved in the club, whilst it was/is failing.

Someone help me out here.

I think if you had gone and heard them face to face and hit them with some questions maybe you would have an understanding?

You seem ok with sticking with the SISU route what does your gut instinct tell you having seen and heard Joy speak and face questions?

Last edited:

@richh87

problem is Hoffman promised much and delivered nothing other than an insulting offer on the back of a fag packet allegedly of a derisory £1.
Elliott has been front and centre to the past mistakes and the current ones until recent history when kicked out.

yet here we are again pinning hope on these two guys bringing in investors to take over the club? they have found one interested party. That in itself speaks volumes and IF we can establish the golden share issue and it is with CCFC Ltd then the administrator will have other interested parties knocking on his door and willing to buy up small debt and negotiate with ACL for some new terms no doubt. problem is we should all know by now without real tangible assets and revenue of the Arena then that plan would fail again as it would be unsustainable.

ACL/Council must come out and recognise they are strangling the football club out of existence by not offering a deal on the Arena complex. Good for them good for the football club, good for the taxpayers of Coventry and would put an end to all this nonsense.
If the golden share is with Holdings legally then SISU carry on or we would think so at least but for how long?

It's brinkmanship on all sides and I just hope the share is with CCFC LTD and the administrator can sell the bloody thing to a bidder not connected with the past and one who will be able to get long term solutions over the Ricoh arena from the Council who own it.
Break up ACL in the process and form a new lease. make the football club sustainable.

You obviously haven't read through their comments from the meeting in Kenilworth. They explained why the deal fell through.

Last edited:

Godiva

Elliott facilitated the take over when Ranson/Sisu came knocking (or was it Elliott who came knocking on Ranson's door knowing he was in pursuit of a football club to buy?).
Based on the plans and budgets primarily done by Ranson, sisu found investors and setup the funds with the money needed to realize Ransons vision.
Ranson - Hoffman - Elliott then operated the club - they made every important decision for three years.

When they had spent all the money from the funds and only had a £500k monthly loss to show for their efforts sisu were not able or outright refused to bring in more money and the holy trinity left. In effect they had no choice as without money the club was heading to where it is now.
For the next two years sisu have provided just enough money to keep the club afloat and had they been able to get the rent deal the club needed we probably wouldn't have been in administration by now - maybe even being in with a chance of promotion.

My opinion is that Elliott and Hoffman are directly responsible for taking the club to where we are now. Their only success is persuading the fans it was all sisu's fault.
Sisu's biggest failure is not being able to draft in enough investors and money to start over.

Elliott and Hoffman have never taken responsibility for running the club in the ground.
If they are able to facilitate a takeover by this Texan guy I truly hope they are simply thanked for their work and paid a handsome fee - and not accepted on the new board.

Godiva

Where were we when Ranson left?

Where were we when GH left

Where were we when JE

Genuinely not sure.

On the brink of administration!
Just about where we were they came in - huge losses, huge debts, no money, no hope.

Godiva

And league positions?

Mid table - championship, the seasons before we all ended in lower half.
Table positions means nothing if the club has no money and goes into administration.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think if you had gone and heard them face to face and hit them with some questions maybe you would have an understanding?

You seem ok with sticking with the SISU route what does your gut instinct tell you having seen and heard Joy speak and face questions?

But Joy doesn't speak and face questi...ah. Right. See what you're driving at.

Users who are viewing this thread