Hoffman and Elliott (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

What have they actually done to be treated as heroes? They've been involved in this regime and the previous ones (Elliott definitely) and when you compare PO to Hoffman and Elliott to Clarke, it is a lot more hostile towards Clarke? Why? All Cov fans, all been involved in the club, whilst it was/is failing.

Someone help me out here.

RoboCCFC90

What have they actually done to be treated as heroes? They've been involved in this regime and the previous ones (Elliott definitely) and when you compare PO to Hoffman and Elliott to Clarke, it is a lot more hostile towards Clarke? Why? All Cov fans, all been involved in the club, whilst it was/is failing.

In truth mate GH & JE probably didn't realise what a stupid mistake they were making at the time when SISU came in and no one could have predicted that. With that being said GH & JE have tried extensively to bring in new investors after they realised what mess SISU was getting us into and I appreciate that they are trying their best and they have found someone who is now willing to invest, I just hope there trust in judgement is better this time round then it was before.

Mucca Mad Boys

In truth mate GH & JE probably didn't realise what a stupid mistake they were making at the time when SISU came in and no one could have predicted that. With that being said GH & JE have tried extensively to bring in new investors after they realised what mess SISU was getting us into and I appreciate that they are trying their best and they have found someone who is now willing to invest, I just hope there trust in judgement is better this time round then it was before.

I'm going to guess Clarke did similar things, why is the PO negative towards him.

If that's the case, isn't Elliott directly accountable for bringing SISU in, and therefore, the mess we're in? If so, why is he a hero for: being a part of the Richardson regime, the McGinnity regime, bringing in SISU and being part of the SISU regime? All such terrible owners.

I don't hold a vendetta against any of Hoffmann nor Elliott, but it bugs me that people go on as if they've done good, but what have they done? So far, I've got nothing, apart from build fans' hope up and being a part of 2-3 failed regimes.

RoboCCFC90

I'm going to guess Clarke did similar things, why is the PO negative towards him.

If that's the case, isn't Elliott directly accountable for bringing SISU in, and therefore, the mess we're in? If so, why is he a hero for: being a part of the Richardson regime, the McGinnity regime, bringing in SISU and being part of the SISU regime? All such terrible owners.

I don't hold a vendetta against any of Hoffmann nor Elliott, but it bugs me that people go on as if they've done good, but what have they done? So far, I've got nothing, apart from build fans' hope up and being a part of 2-3 failed regimes.

I understand what you are saying mate, it's not easy to wipe the slate clean when you look at the history of both of GH & JE, right now they're doing the best they can to find new investment, bring it in and getting us back on a stable foot, what I would like to see in time is a fresh start, no Hoffman, no Elliot, no ACL, no SISU, no Higgs Trust and no Coventry City Council and it just be a completely new slate and era for the club with an owner/(s) who are willing to be a transparent and are willing to put Oggy and Director of Football :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Aside from a) Offer hope of an alternative to the second worst owners in our history and b) In Elliott's case, a lot of sponsorship etc that has been well documented on here this week, I'd flip the question: what have they done to be treated with cynicism? The obvious answer is to work with SISU, but if the worst you can come up with is naivety, I think they still deserve to be listened to this time. Given the choice between doing so, or accepting a future in SISU Hell.

Nonleagueherewecome

You're guessing that Clarke did similar things? Really? Why? There is zero evidence to suggest that this is the case. I think you have your answer right there...

ajsccfc

I hate Joe Elliott because once you get that 'Elliotts, car accessories, Elliotts' jingle in your head, that's in there for the day.

Nonleagueherewecome

I hate Joe Elliott because once you get that 'Elliotts, car accessories, Elliotts' jingle in your head, that's in there for the day.

Doesn't come close to Allan's Taxi's or Tom White Skip Hire.

Nonleagueherewecome

And it's repetitive? :p

ajsccfc

There's also 'Aubrey Allen's our name, sausage and bacon our game'. Oh god, now there's going to be a local megamix in my head.

RoboCCFC90

Aside from a) Offer hope of an alternative to the second worst owners in our history and b) In Elliott's case, a lot of sponsorship etc that has been well documented on here this week, I'd flip the question: what have they done to be treated with cynicism? The obvious answer is to work with SISU, but if the worst you can come up with is naivety, I think they still deserve to be listened to this time. Given the choice between doing so, or accepting a future in SISU Hell.

Totally agree.

torchomatic

You got a "like" for the "second worst owners in our history". And for the rest too, of course.

skybluegod

The reason lots of people like them and treat them like "heroes" is because they are the only people trying to save this club, sure they made mistakes but there human they make them. Who are we to criticise the 2 people which have spent there free time trying to improve our club?

Rocket23

At last someone else thinks this I thought I was the only one

covcity4life

they are trying to bring in much needed investment

i can understand not jumping on the "they are perfect" bandwagon but if they do come through then they will be heroes

i will root for them.

Nonleagueherewecome

There's also 'Aubrey Allen's our name, sausage and bacon our game'. Oh god, now there's going to be a local megamix in my head.

I thought about Aubrey Allen, but couldn't remember the jingle. Allan's Taxi's is taking up all the tuneage space in my mind now, anyway....curses!!!

Nonleagueherewecome

You got a "like" for the "second worst owners in our history". And for the rest too, of course.

I thought about putting "arguably", but ultimately we wouldn't have been in a position to be scavenged by them in the first place if he hadn't "taken a punt". Probably. The stupid greedy *something that rhymes with punt*

I like the word scavenged. Must use that more often.

Nonleagueherewecome

"He seems like the type who would sue" ;)

Mucca Mad Boys

You're guessing that Clarke did similar things? Really? Why? There is zero evidence to suggest that this is the case. I think you have your answer right there...

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, as a result, I can only guess that Clarke would've looked for investors to take over/co-invest in the club, during SISU were here.

This may go some way of explaining my point.

http://www.football.co.uk/coventry_city/we_only_want_co-investment_-_clarke_rss1982042.shtml

Besides, no one has justified the positive PO Hoffman and Elliott get, I don't particularly dislike them, but when you see such positivity directed at them you think why? They were part and in Elliott's case, part of the people who brought SISU in, yet you hate SISU to that degree yet treat Elliott and Hoffman as heros?

Delboycov

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, as a result, I can only guess that Clarke would've looked for investors to take over/co-invest in the club, during SISU were here.

http://www.football.co.uk/coventry_city/we_only_want_co-investment_-_clarke_rss1982042.shtml

Besides, no one has justified the positive PO Hoffman and Elliott get, I don't particularly dislike them, but when you see such positivity directed at them you think why? They were part and in Elliott's case, part of the people who brought SISU in, yet you hate SISU to that degree yet treat Elliott and Hoffman as heros?

I don't think Elliott does get hero status at all...he gets more abuse than most I reckon so I think your point isn't a valid one anyway. When his involvement in the possible takeover by PH4 became known there was a collective sigh from the majority on this board including me. Your post got me asking myself whether I'm being unreasonable by being negative about his association. I don't think there's any doubt that he has always had the club's best interests at heart..he's just possibly trusted the wrong people in the past.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't think Elliott does get hero status at all...he gets more abuse than most I reckon so I think your point isn't a valid one anyway. When his involvement in the possible takeover by PH4 became known there was a collective sigh from the majority on this board including me. Your post got me thinking more am I being unreasonable by being negative about his association. I don't think there's any doubt that he has always had the club's best interests at heart..he's just trusted the wrong people in the past.

My sentiments exactly. Like, utterly. Get out of my mind!!!! :wave:

Delboycov

That's just freaked me out even more, argggh!

Me too! Seriously though I don't get all the negativity towards the bloke. As far as I know he doesn't take a penny out of the club other than a few sarnies on a Saturday so surely it's unreasonable to slag someone off who is actively working to find us a saviour to get us out of the shit we're in. Maybe I'll start a new thread "Joe Elliott...why all the negativity?"

Skybluefaz

Hoffman got out when he saw that Sisu were deconstructing the club, Elliott got booted out. The pair seem to have been looking for new owners since. Clarke just stood there side by side with Sisu seemingly accepting the inevitable demise. This is why I believe people view them differently.

cloughie

Clarke has done sweet FA other than polish his ego

Oh yes he likes to pontificate about getting investors

But that's his game owns a PR company make my self look good and well a hedge fund with many other business' He may hope they just want my services i

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Ok lets see Ive met both Elliott and Hoffman several times and anyone could have met them in Kenilworth last night have I ever met any of the SISU top brass er no. Do Elliott and Hoffman care about City in my opinion yes. Do SISU in my opinion they couldn't give a shit.
Have Elliott and Hoffman made mistakes in my opinion yes,however in my opinion only in trust. Have SISU made mistakes in purely business terms in my opinion no they knew exactly what they were doing hence the numerous companies that they created , the debt etc.

So why are Elliott and Hoffman treated by some as heroes? Because we (the some) have to believe that there is going to be a hero to get us out of this mess

Nonleagueherewecome

Ok lets see Ive met both Elliott and Hoffman several times and anyone could have met them in Kenilworth last night have I ever met any of the SISU top brass er no. Do Elliott and Hoffman care about City in my opinion yes. Do SISU in my opinion they couldn't give a shit.
Have Elliott and Hoffman made mistakes in my opinion yes,however in my opinion only in trust. Have SISU made mistakes in purely business terms in my opinion no they knew exactly what they were doing hence the numerous companies that they created , the debt etc.

So why are Elliott and Hoffman treated by some as heroes? Because we (the some) have to believe that there is going to be a hero to get us out of this mess

And I don't think I do see them as "hero's" even, but perfectly explained.

dongonzalos

It's common sense really.

Not treated as Heroes, just treated with respect for working hard in their own time. they are offering a glimmer of hope at the end of a road that so far as offered

A drop to division 3
A owner who hides
A imagine of a farcical club
A new season a new manager a new squad
Fractions with fans.
Further away then ever before from owning any of the Ricoh
Ditto to revenue streams administration
A homeless academy

By working their arses off we have a potential owner

Who wants half of ACL
Wants to work with council
Wants a level one academy
Wants to work with the Higgs foundation

So yes the fact that in all this rubbish there is a small glimmer of hope.

Then I give them respect

Paxman II

problem is Hoffman promised much and delivered nothing other than an insulting offer on the back of a fag packet allegedly of a derisory £1.
Much of his promises simply fell away.
Elliott has been front and centre to the past mistakes and the current ones until recent history when kicked out.

yet here we are again pinning hope on these two guys bringing in investors to take over the club? they have found one interested party. That in itself speaks volumes and IF we can establish the golden share issue and it is with CCFC Ltd then the administrator will have other interested parties knocking on his door and willing to buy up small debt and negotiate with ACL for some new terms no doubt. problem is we should all know by now without real tangible assets and revenue of the Arena then that plan would fail again as it would be unsustainable.

ACL/Council must come out and recognise they are strangling the football club out of existence by not offering a deal on the Arena complex. Good for them good for the football club, good for the taxpayers of Coventry and would put an end to all this nonsense.
If the golden share is with Holdings legally then SISU carry on or we would think so at least but for how long?

It's brinkmanship on all sides and I just hope the share is with CCFC LTD and the administrator can sell the bloody thing to a bidder not connected with the past and one who will be able to get long term solutions over the Ricoh arena from the Council who own it.
Break up ACL in the process and form a new lease. make the football club sustainable.

Users who are viewing this thread