'Highfield Two' (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

What pisses me off so much is that they have the cheek to use Highfield Road's name in their dirty little plan to try and get us on their side. Ent gonna happen SHITSU. Just get the f*ck out of OUR club

The ground will not be called Highfield Road 2.

Noggin

If the £400K deal was so much better then what they were paying, why wasn't it signed off and why aren't we paying that agreement? Because it may have agreed by tongue, but it wasn't signed off. I am not saying they're better building a new stadium outside of the City and moving to Walsall at all or condoning it, what I am saying though is if I was in Tim Fisher's shoe's I would be comparing everything to what the current and existing agreement is, because yes £400K rent agreement was agreed at the time, but SISU have since decided that agreement was not good enough for their own reasons and it's not the existing agreement between the two parties. The £400K means shit it was just speculation, the agreement and rent in place was £1.2m-a-year.

Show me if you have seen SISU sign a contract that says we agreed to pay a £400K rent a year??

This conversation is getting really annoying, if they had tried to accept that deal and failed you would have a point, but they didn't so you don't.

It wasn't signed off because SISU said it wasn't good enough and instead brought up this new stadium idea even those its much much much worse than the deal he could have signed.

You do compare your options to what you are currently paying (well not paying in their case) but the option that comes out best is negotiating with acl, which they were doing and had come up with a much better deal, but instead of going forward with that they threatened a new stadium which we all knew to be a stupid idea.

The reason they didn't sign though wasn't because it wasn't a great deal but because sisu were trying to distress acl.

ajsccfc

It won't be that ansty area, thats a buisness technology and innovation area, it's for companies to set up research and development centres etc, there is nothing in safe walking distance of that area, the walsgrave triangle area with cinema, nandos, franky and bennys, pizza hut, bowling alley etc is close in distance but it's not safely walkable. Nore do I see it being possible to make it safely walkable without some massive costs.

How do you mean by them not being safely walkable? (I've never walked up so no idea)

rupert_bear

They have paid £6 million in rent over 5 years and have zero ownership of the Arena from that £6 million!
They probably see £20 million in building a stadium better suited to our needs, as smarter use of the money going on the rent.

:pimp:
They had the opportunity to buy half the Ricoh three of four years ago but turned it down. They can't have it both ways.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
as the financial plan is to "maximise" all income sources for the club and TF has repeatedly gone on about the naming rights ................ it isnt going to be called Highfield Rd 2 is it ............. more PR spin at a sensitive time

every trick in the book it would seem

RoboCCFC90

This conversation is getting really annoying, if they had tried to accept that deal and failed you would have a point, but they didn't so you don't.

It wasn't signed off because SISU said it wasn't good enough and instead brought up this new stadium idea even those its much much much worse than the deal he could have signed.

You do compare your options to what you are currently paying (well not paying in their case) but the option that comes out best is negotiating with acl, which they were doing and had come up with a much better deal, but instead of going forward with that they threatened a new stadium which we all knew to be a stupid idea.

The reason they didn't sign though wasn't because it wasn't a great deal but because sisu were trying to distress acl.

The reason SISU didn't sign was because they didn't think they were entitled to enough of the revenue streams, distressing ACL was just a way of trying to get the Ricoh on the cheap.

Okay agreed it probably is better agreeing a new deal with ACL, although Tim Fisher has said that we won't play there again, we don't live in La La Land so if you can think of some mythical reason as to why all of sudden Tim Fisher would say, "Hell with my idea I was only joking I will sit down with ACL" then I will be happy to hear it.

If SISU didn't sign the damn agreement then they have every right to look at alternative options based on what they're currently (or not in their case) paying/agreed. Just because they spoke about a different offer doesn't mean the one they had till that point was just a whisper in the wind.

Noggin

How do you mean by them not being safely walkable? (I've never walked up so no idea)

I'm wrong I've just looked on google maps you can walk it safely. it's too far to walk to come out of though and into nandos after the game like you can do with pizza hut,

Sky Blue Pete

Lots of stuff in the article that annoy. The owners of the club?? Says who? Breakdown of talks? Says who? Tim fisher/joy seppalla/Sisu in all your many guises. The club is the people of coventry always has been and always will be! You were the temporary owners of our dreams and hopes and you messed up. The club as we know it is in administration and requires new owners to take temporary charge!! How is this not clear?? Mr Appleton please act with urgency and due haste to conclude this farce as it is killing all those of us who are fans of coventry city football club

ajsccfc

I'm wrong I've just looked on google maps you can walk it safely. it's too far to walk to come out of though and into nandos after the game like you can do with pizza hut,

I think you're right in that it's probably not a great setup for large crowds mind you (not a concern for CCFC though, hiyo!) as it's not really an area aimed at pedestrians

dongonzalos

12 k capacity stadium.

For a club that over the years has average 17-18k during a time of mostly no success

Tells you the aspirations that SISU have for Coventry City Football Club. Can't wait!! :) !!!!!

Noggin

The reason SISU didn't sign was because they didn't think they were entitled to enough of the revenue streams, distressing ACL was just a way of trying to get the Ricoh on the cheap.

Okay agreed it probably is better agreeing a new deal with ACL, although Tim Fisher has said that we won't play there again, we don't live in La La Land so if you can think of some mythical reason as to why all of sudden Tim Fisher would say, "Hell with my idea I was only joking I will sit down with ACL" then I will be happy to hear it.

If SISU didn't sign the damn agreement then they have every right to look at alternative options based on what they're currently (or not in their case) paying/agreed. Just because they spoke about a different offer doesn't mean the one they had till that point was just a whisper in the wind.

I don't think Fisher will suddenly change his mind no, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't criticise him for it, he's chosen and been completely unable to back up a terrible idea and appears to be pushing ahead with it whatever the consequences while saying he has no choice. He certainly did and probably still does have a choice.

This plan is much much worse even after taking food and beverage etc into account so while yes that was his excuse it does not hold up, especially as acls deal did the best they could at giving the revenue for ffp.

They could say to acl now, sorry for our behaviour, if holdings hold the golden share after this administration busneis is done we would like to take the deal you offered before, while we arn't legally liable for the debt ran up by limited we will pay it to you as a signing bonus and we will fill up the escrow account. ACL would bit their hands off and this is a much more sensible idea from sisu than their current plan.

You don't press ahead with a plan to build a new stadium based on what you are contractually obligated to pay, you press ahead with a new stadium if its a better option than anything else, it isn't so you don't do it.

You realise of course holdings aren't contractually obligated to pay the 1.2mill rent and even if they were they would have to pay it even if they built a new stadium, they can't just break the contract.

RoboCCFC90

I don't think Fisher will suddenly change his mind no, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't criticise him for it, he's chosen and been completely unable to back up a terrible idea and appears to be pushing ahead with it whatever the consequences while saying he has no choice. He certainly did and probably still does have a choice.

This plan is much much worse even after taking food and beverage etc into account so while yes that was his excuse it does not hold up, especially as acls deal did the best they could at giving the revenue for ffp.

They could say to acl now, sorry for our behaviour, if holdings hold the golden share after this administration busneis is done we would like to take the deal you offered before, while we arn't legally liable for the debt ran up by limited we will pay it to you as a signing bonus and we will fill up the escrow account. ACL would bit their hands off and this is a much more sensible idea from sisu than their current plan.

You don't press ahead with a plan to build a new stadium based on what you are contractually obligated to pay, you press ahead with a new stadium if its a better option than anything else, it isn't so you don't do it.

You realise of course holdings aren't contractually obligated to pay the 1.2mill rent and even if they were they would have to pay it even if they built a new stadium, they can't just break the contract.

Unfortunately it's fantasy while SISU are in control, I don't think they will return to the Ricoh Arena..

NorthernWisdom

as the financial plan is to "maximise" all income sources for the club and TF has repeatedly gone on about the naming rights ................ it isnt going to be called Highfield Rd 2 is it ............. more PR spin at a sensitive time

every trick in the book it would seem

Arguably negative spin from the Telegraph to cloud the stadium name with a project name.

dongonzalos

Walsall, I remember suggesting that is where they are trying to go a few months ago and getting shouted down due to the distance and capacity.

SISU are choosing one of the furthest options. To make the stupid threat even more impactive. This is a load of turd propaganda.

The 10000 fans petition suits them as they think it is putting pressure on the council to keep them there.

Godiva

Surely if this ludicrous/ridiculous/unwanted proposal requires a new ground name a more apt title could be:

"The Highfield Arena"

or

"The Highfield Stadium"

It would be named after the sponsor.

RoboCCFC90

Why don't they just go multi-cutural on the name and call it:

El Nuevo Highfield Stadion

Sky Blue Dal

How? HR wasn't a L1 stadium.

You have great ambitions for our club don't you ... Downsizing from 32,000 to 12, 000.

So Negative!!

I suggest you have a look at your Avatar and then replace it as you don't deserve to use it.

They had ambitions and success, Look what they achieved .... you as a so called fan seem not to have this.

Sky Blues earned the right to be playing in a 32,000 Ricoh and not a 12,000 seater tin pot stadium.... otherwise we have taken a large leap backwards.

Ever since SISU have come in all they have done is taken us back into time and undone all our good history.

Yes HR was L1 stadium originally but we have move forward since then ... you and SISU are looking backwards and lack any passion and progression.

You must see this don't you?

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Might as well go and support Leicester if the club moves to ansty. I wont step foot in the place. Best get used to being a league 1/2 club for all eternity.

I would rather not follow Football then support Incester/Scum

Sky Blue Dal

It's also a model to follow rather than exact replica.

Modular and ability to extend is a good thing, shame nobody designed the Ricoh with that thought really.

Who has said Ricoh can't be extended? Give me reasons why it can't be....

I tell you it can easily be extended.

SkyBlueSwiss

They have paid £6 million in rent over 5 years and have zero ownership of the Arena from that £6 million!
They probably see £20 million in building a stadium better suited to our needs, as smarter use of the money going on the rent.

:pimp:

You speak as though rent received equals pure profit, which as you must be aware is utter rubbish.
How about the financial cost of servicing the debt that ACL had to take up to finance the Ricoh when CCFC went bust and could not proceed with building the stadium. How about salaries and wages and maintenance etc. etc. etc.?
You must know that your comment is a false statement and that the 6 million paid in rent was used 100% to service debt and costs or improve the facilities.
I wish you people trying to support SISU would present the whole truth instead of picking little bits and then misusing them to make false points.

SkyBlueSwiss

Words of choice on this post if, opportunity.

Lets try contract, fact, agreed, signed.

You talk utter rubbish.
The discussion concerned the opportunity cost of moving away for three years while building a new stadium as compared to staying at the Ricoh.
If they stayed at the Ricoh they could have made an agreement to reduce the rent to 400k. The opportunity cost of moving and building a new stadium must therefore by definition be compared to this 400k figure.
Stop talking rubbish and telling half truths.

Sub

When they built it, they acknowledged the only way to extend it would be to knock down the stands and rebuild.

There's no provision for a second tier among other things.

we are already in the third tier of football they did their best to get us out of the second tier !!!;):whistle::whistle::D

James Smith

It is perhaps worth pointing out that £400k was only going to be the rent whilst we were in league one and we have only the media reports to go on that said it was £400k, you don't know what other costs and add ons there may have been on top of that. Also it's not just the costs per year that you have to consider, its the net profit after costs so if a new stadium costs the same as renting the Ricoh but generates more in income then it could be significantly more financially attractive.

Before anyone jumps on me I dont support building a new stadium or SISU's ownership in anyway and I believe we must stay at the Ricoh if we are to survive but I think its important to consider everything, not just the headlines.

Yeah but this is all assuming that this isn't a bluff by SISU and just another attempt to either distress ACL further or get them to come back to the negotiating table. No one officially knows if they've got the money to actually do this or whether they even have a football club to play there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread