'Highfield Two' (2 Viewers)

Sub

looks like the walsall fans are happy to !! hope they stand with us on the fact we dont want to go there either and they dont want us there by the look of things !!!

Walsall Fans Demanding Answers
Walsall supporters, are it seems, demanding answers from their club as to the possibility of having SISU owned Coventry City playing at their stadium.
Here is one post from a stack on the subject from Saddlers supporters who quite rightly want to know if their club are dealing with SISU.
"Well I would want all money up front. They have a long history of not paying and deliberately engineering disputes to justify this. That's not to mention admitting in their own recent court submission to deliberately trying to send their current landlords (ACL - owned by the council and a children's charity) bust.

Given the vastly reduced rent they have been offered at the Ricoh is not much different to ours, the thought of them paying less than us to play at The Banks's than us makes me vomit. If it were to happen it would also make the stance of our own club on our rent, about club's operating in a correct financial way etc, etc totally hypocritical.

Given the can of worms this would open around the whole rent debate within our own club, recent comments about pitch condition and it's importance for our 'philosophy' and various other things I think it would be a PR disaster for our club and could end up destroying some of the good will built up recently.

The Coventry Telegraph has recently written to the club asking them to 'stand shoulder to shoulder' with the 10,000 Coventry supporters who have signed a petition against this. However useful a bit of cash may be (if we ever got it) I would call on the club to respond to this and issue a statement saying they will not entertain such a deal. Either way they should issue a statement telling us what is going on. Are they talking to this A-moral , bunch or not?"

kg82

I wasn't suggesting you were Tim Fisher if you thought I was mate, the fucking Bravo Tim fisher was just aimed at him and me blaming him for his decisions. Sorry If it wasn't clear.

Edit- and the mate is friendly not sarcastic, gotta hate communicating by text.

Haha, for some reason I find this really funny!! I just had in my head "Four candles", "Noooo, fork 'andles... handles for forks"!

J

Jack Griffin

This is the address to tweet your protests to Walsall at @WFCOfficial, they need to make a statement denying that they are talking to CCFC about playing games at the Bescot, not only for us, but for their own fans.

Alternatively email [email protected].

Last edited by a moderator:

wingy

The entire leasehold has never been for sale, it's a relatively short lease anyway, and I'd wager none of it is not for sale now.

If they don't like the deal, the natural thing to do would be to find somewhere else.

The option is there if ACL don't want them to find somewhere else, to offer them a deal that makes them re-assess. If ACL can't financially do that fine, I appreciate that, they should make sure they say the doors to the Ricoh are now closed to the club, and find a deal that can work for them.

Id envisage that this would be the scenario painted during the fans forums down at Ryton
Did you fill out the questionaire
Sadly I never recieved an invite.

WFC

Have emailed Walsall. See if a reply comes back.

Can't comment about tweets, but to be fair to Stefan I've never not known him to reply to an email from any of our fans personally even if it's a 'I can't comment' type response that you won't like. One of the biggest improvements at Walsall that both him and Dan Mole have made is with communication with fans and their willingness to discuss things and be as open as commercial sensitivities and there position allows.

quinn1971

This is the address to tweet your protests to Walsall at @WFCOfficial, they need to make a statement denying that they are talking to CCFC about playing games at the Bescot, not only for us, but for their own fans.

Alternatively email [email protected].

Thanks for the address...email sent.advised them not to let sisu anywhere near their club.

Steve_75

Hi, long time reader of these forums but finally got round to registering.
Like the rest of you, I'm pretty fed up (to put it mildly) with all of the goings on. Based on some of the things reported, I thought I'd have a look to see where they could potentially build this new 'Highfield Road II' (not that it'll be called that anyway - not unless they can find a company with that exact same name who are willing to sponsor it!).
The CT reported that "They believe the new stadium would be nearer to Coventry city centre than the Ricoh Arena.". Just been playing with Google Earth and if I start in the centre of Cov, it works out at 2.88 miles to the Ricoh. Dragging that line around the outskirts of Cov, and taking into account that the site would be "just outside the administrative boundary of Coventry City Council", it pretty much rules out anything to the north of Cov, such as Ansty (4.7 miles). It also rules out Brandon (4.7 miles) and Ryton (4.3 miles).

The possibilities for land that falls outside of Cov Council boundary but inside 2.88 miles are:
Baginton airport and the piece of land between Rowley Rd and the A45 (next to Lunt Fort)
The fields south of Green Lane
Er, that's it.

To give some more options I tried the distance from Cov train station and to keep within that, it opens up the following options:
Land to the east of the A46 from opposite the Mitsubishi garage, down to the A45, about where the bike track is, the very edge of the old Ryton Peugeot site.
Further south from the airport down to the top edge of Stoneleigh (the village, not the Agricultural Centre)
Land to the west of Warwick Uni

Still not that many possibilities when you take into account that they'll need good road links and I'm guessing quite a bit of that land would probably be 'greenbelt'.

Personally, I can't see it happening. They'd have to be completely mad to move out of the Ricoh. Given the strength of the opposition to playing outside Cov for the next few years, the crowds would be such that the club's income would be a small fraction of what they had this year, meaning that with FFP rules, our wages would need to be massively lower, meaning (I would expect), a quick drop into League 2.
Now considering we're already close to £70M in debt, what the hell is the debt going to be after 3 more years of losses and spending £30M odd on a new ground? Just doesn't make any sense. But then neither has much of anything else that they've done in the last 5 or so years.

Sorry for the essay on my 1st post!

Nonleagueherewecome

Good first post. Welcome, Steve! Although I will henceforth get you confused with the many other Steve's on the forum..

Nonleagueherewecome

Gynnsthetonic

Foleshill Rd about 1 mile out of town opposite the clock tower and links with Stoney Stanton Rd is a massive piece of land ripe for regeneration

Nonleagueherewecome

Opposite the canal side by the ring road? Wasn't that marked for something already?

It was going to be a crematorium, but they figured that the death of a football club is similar enough.

blend

Don't worry, it will never be built. It is just Shitzu posturing again.

Bang on tony. Only a couple of idiots left who still seem to back sisu. I can only imagine it is their love of free enterprise or simply a will to be contrary that leads them this way. There is no new stadium, nothing. Only a continuation to undermine our footballing home so they can get their grubby mits on it.

skybluericoh

Words of choice on this post if, opportunity.

Lets try contract, fact, agreed, signed.

'Contract' = An agreement between parties that is either partly in writing and partly dependent on spoken words or that is entirely dependent on spoken words. - It has been reported that an offer was made by ACL 9 £400K per year and the 1.2 million being paid back over time) this was considered by CCFC and accepted. Yes they had not signed anything but a verbal agreement to accept a service for payment is a contract.

wingy

Question?
What have HS2 and Highfield 2got in Common?
It will be a Miracle if eithrr are completed.
If they are it wil take 50 yrs.
If they do they will both Bypass Coventry.......
Leaving it in the 2nd 3rd or 4th Division.

Last edited:

SkyBlueUkeman

I've not been here for a while, Basically because it just seemed its the same old same old.

But:

If Haskell, who has said and we know has put in a bid for the Administrated part of the club gets it, surely the golden share will be awarded to him by the FL, as The Golden share is clearly with FL. It seems Sisu have been left with wages and contracts. The worst case scenario I can actually see is not the club moving out of the city by the start of the season, but us not having any players!

All this posturing, the scheme to move Coventry city away is the final throwdown of the cards by Sisu, and it seems they have a pretty shite hand.

Call me optimistic, but its going well. Sisu are on the ropes, in the corner with nowhere to go, and they've got nothing to fight back with.

Sisu do not own the club anymore. They can try and delude themselves as much as they want but the simple fact is they have no sway anymore. Its in Appleton and the Football League's hands, and for the Football League especially, as soon as they can put all this hassle behind them the better.

Keep the faith guys. Keep at it! ITS GOING TO BE OK!

Oh, and sidenote: Haskell's dad is a Texan Billionaire guys. A MOTHAFLUNKING BILLIONAIRE!

Last edited:

SkyBlueUkeman

I noticed some people were talking about the possibility of a 'Ricoh expansion' and whether it was modular or not. (I know its a huge tangent, soz)

It would be expandable. Looking at what Southampton are looking to do to, which is to bump their capacity to 44,000 (I know!?) its not a question of knocking down stands, but to build around and use the space, and we have bags of it around the Ricoh:
southamptontraining3dre.jpg

southamptontraining3dre.jpg

Pretty smart eh?

(remember... BILLIONAIRE.)

skyblueinBaku

Just emailed Walsall FC urging caution in any agreement over groundsharing. I pointed out that CCFC ( Sisu) have shown themselves to be 'difficult' tenants, and said that I believe any agreement with them will end in litigation.

Users who are viewing this thread