Highfield Road 2 (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Coventry United groundshare with CRFC. Not sure if that is a long term agreement?

In terms of what Sharp said, I think his talk about not dealing with Sisu were in relation to co-ownership of the ground rather than having them as a short term tenant.

Yeah it's a different prospect now Cov United play there.

SkyBlueJord

Which also begs the question of how the pitch would stand up. Look at the state of the 3G Ricoh pitch with just one rugby team and one football team playing on it. Two football teams and a rugby team playing on the same grass pitch? Doesn’t sound possible.

The nuns currently aren't playing on the stadium pitch, they play their games on the 2nd pitch. They have their own fued between the football club and the rugby club.

Nick

Administrator
The nuns currently aren't playing on the stadium pitch, they play their games on the 2nd pitch. They have their own fued between the football club and the rugby club.

That explains why it looks half decent. I did Google but couldn't see where they played.

Is this on the grass outside by the gravel car park?

scottccfc

That explains why it looks half decent. I did Google but couldn't see where they played.

Is this on the grass outside by the gravel car park?
when you go through the main gates the rugby club play on the field to your left .

NorthernWisdom

That’s an opinion rather than reading between the lines and even if Sharpe would consider it I doubt he’d get the backing of the CRFC board to do it. The possibility was clearly explored (when Anderson was here IIRC) even then CCFC was saying one thing about how the development would take shape and CRFC were saying something else. I would think that experience alone is more likely to have forced Sharpe to take the stance he did. You could argue that CRFC we’re being taken for a ride as part of a game of bluff between SISU and CCC. That would certainly piss me of enough to take the stance that I wouldn’t get involved with CCFC while SISU are involved.
Well No, it's reading between the lines. I could explain my working, but I've learned that's utterly pointless on this site, and I no longer have the time or will to bore myself and others.

skybluetony176

I don't think I could make it any simpler.

You saying the same thing over and over again isn't going to get different answer.

Do you want the tracking label from it being posted or something? I'd bet SISU have a scan of it ready to give the EFL when they ask about a move to somewhere in Coventry.

I keep asking because you keep giving the same empty answer. Do you have a link to it?

Nick

Administrator
Well No, it's reading between the lines. I could explain my working, but I've learned that's utterly pointless on this site, and I no longer have the time or will to bore myself and others.

The working out is probably that he went as far as submitting plans to the council and announced at a fans forum that he was in talks with the club for a groundshare. The council tried to put a clause in the lease and publicly announced that nothing was going to happen while there were legals.

Even reading the statement Tony posted he cleverly words things, it reads as if he wanted to distance so that it wouldn't piss the council off in regards to him. (which he seemed to do when he dared to put a groundshare in his plans).

Nick

Administrator
I keep asking because you keep giving the same empty answer. Do you have a link to it?

The Telegraph asked Nigel Clews, assistant director of property and asset management at Coventry City Council, why they had tried to insert the clause at that time.

He said: “No, it doesn’t look good. But we were trying to flush out details. We wanted to bring the issue out.

“Media reports had circulated that there could be a potential ground share with Coventry City. But Mr Sharp had previously told us during meetings that this was out of the question.

“A few months later we received a three-year plan for Butts Park Arena that included a ground share with Coventry City.”

It was their reasoning for trying to insert a clause into the lease. They tried to blag it was to "flush out details" but they had already received a three year plan with details in.

Like I said, facts and quotes don't go along with your version of him being consistent about it from the start. Early on he seemed pretty keen ;)

Strange how it all went to pot once the council got wind of it isn't it? As I have already said, I can't blame him for wanting to not get on the wrong side of them. He needs to look after his own, first and foremost.

skybluetony176

It was their reasoning for trying to insert a clause into the lease. They tried to blag it was to "flush out details" but they had already received a three year plan with details in.

Like I said, facts and quotes don't go along with your version of him being consistent about it from the start. Early on he seemed pretty keen ;)

Strange how it all went to pot once the council got wind of it isn't it? As I have already said, I can't blame him for wanting to not get on the wrong side of them. He needs to look after his own, first and foremost.

So according to your link the three year plan was received after the events that you’re trying to say the three year plan triggered. Thanks for clearing that up.

Nick

Administrator
So according to your link the three year plan was received after the events that you’re trying to say the three year plan triggered. Thanks for clearing that up.
The letter sent to try and change the lease says:
In the light of the information now provided in respect of your three-year plan
Keep trying though.

I think you’re problem for you is people won’t play dumb and ignore the facts.

That aged well didn't it, all that sarcasm while ignoring the facts.

giphy.gif

Captain Dart

If you read all his statements you will see he chooses his words very carefully.

Presumably Sharpe wanting nothing to do with the football club is why our ticket office is based there and why the football league were shown around.

All that amounts to is renting a bit of office space. I should imagine it is renewed annually, unless anyone knows different.

SkyBlueJord

Ah, have never looked to the left. Behind the taxi place car park?

There are a number of pitches over there, the pitches directly behind the taxi place are training areas and just the other side of the canal is the 2nd pitch where they play on.

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

Nobody is saying the idea is current.
I was only talking about the present. Today there is office space, 2 or 3 employees and a sales counter.

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

No but it's you going on about ticket offices which is fuck all to do with the debate.
It is the current relationship between CCFC and CRFC.
Anyway I thought the OP intimated that a ground arrangement at Nuneaton was an option being considered.
How did the Butts come into this?

Nick

Administrator
It is the current relationship between CCFC and CRFC. Anyway I thought the OP intimated that a ground arrangement at Nuneaton was an option being considered. How did the Butts come into this?
Try reading the thread.

People know the ticket office is there.

vow

Fair play to you Otis if you can open a can of worms with your butt. Impressive stuff!
I believe the worms fell out into a can from his butt?!

*apologies if you now have bad images in your head.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If people think we could play in Nuneaton forget it .Have you tried getting into the place? The road are always clogged up especially in the town centre with the stupid 1 way system they have there . I know we would not be going in the centre but the other traffic would and the council would not allowed It . Even if they did negotiate the 4 roundabouts then where do they park ?In the Crem? When the friendlies are on there is nowhere to park . Even then and you were Norman Smurthwaite despite being a Coventry fan and wanting the club to servive would you get within a million miles of having anything business wise to do with Sisu.

Nick

Administrator
If people think we could play in Nuneaton forget it .Have you tried getting into the place? The road are always clogged up especially in the town centre with the stupid 1 way system they have there . I know we would not be going in the centre but the other traffic would and the council would not allowed It . Even if they did negotiate the 4 roundabouts then where do they park ?In the Crem? When the friendlies are on there is nowhere to park . Even then and you were Norman Smurthwaite despite being a Coventry fan and wanting the club to servive would you get within a million miles of having anything business wise to do with Sisu.
Crows nest, get away up the road to the side after a curry. Onto gypsy lane and out by the a444.

If it happens im asking them for sponsorship*

* They may not even do Currys now, it was about 15 years ago I think.

In terms of pubs, isn't it just that one and then ones up towards the top end and Harvester?

Magwitch

Yes that’s all, can’t see Warwickshire police being too keen either, don’t think they have the man power.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Nick I know the area well and the slightest traffic in and around Attleborough causes problems . Parking? Norman Smurthwaite ? Warwickshire Police man power ?Nuneaton council? There is another reason as far a I am concerned I live in the other town in this borough and we get the rough end of the stick now we will all be in the poor house if some of the extra cost come our way.

Users who are viewing this thread