Higgs Share Update (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I don't know whether it's nonsense or not; but it's hard to believe there's much more information that hasn't been outed during Judicial Review; or before

Only thing that has changed is Wasps owning the other 50% I guess, could be related to that.

dongonzalos

Seems to be a common theme.
Mr Haskell was expected to bid for a club in administration without knowing what was in it was it not, I think SISU knew though did they not?

torchomatic

No, not all. THere's probably a template circulating as I type.

we all hope ccfc gets 50% share. but are sisu ready to part with that money? i personally don't think so especially with pressleys sacking possibly imminent

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Agree, enter a bid based on this and this.

Well, if Wasps have seen this mystery detail, and you make a bid caveated on seeing and liking it too, it outs Higgs/CCC if there is any buggering about there. It's certainly an angle I'd look at - without knowing all the detail, of course.

The danger, as I understand the missing detail/information or document needs input from the council, is whether SISU are using this exercise to harvest some additional information they think could help their point-of-law appeal on the JR outcome??

Noggin

No, not all. THere's probably a template circulating as I type.

EVERYONE! wants ccfc to own the arena, people however don't want sisu to own the arena.

you think that people don't want ccfc to have the ricoh but you are wrong. people don't want sisu to have the ricoh and screw ccfc over.

If CCFC (the exact company that holds the golden share) got the ricoh and the contract stipulated that the ricoh could only be owned by the company with ccfc in it (ie it couldn't be sold off) and should ccfc cease to exist the ricoh would return the people of coventry (to prevent sisu liquidating the football club to get the stadium) absolutely everyone of us would want that.

torchomatic

SISU own CCFC at the moment and that doesn't look like changing. People moan about a new stadium and they moan about SISU buying into the Ricoh. Even if SISU disappeared tomorrow the next lot of charlatans would own the Ricoh and not the club.

Stalemate then.

EVERYONE! wants ccfc to own the arena, people however don't want sisu to own the arena.

you think that people don't want ccfc to have the ricoh but you are wrong. people don't want sisu to have the ricoh and screw ccfc over.

If CCFC (the exact company that holds the golden share) got the ricoh and the contract stipulated that the ricoh could only be owned by the company with ccfc in it (ie it couldn't be sold off) and should ccfc cease to exist the ricoh would return the people of coventry (to prevent sisu liquidating the football club to get the stadium) absolutely everyone of us would want that.

RFC

Taken from twitter

PLEASE Credit @Lesreidpolitics, thank you.

1/3 I can reveal a dispute with #CCFC accusing Higgs of delaying release of info needed for #CCFC to bid for 50% Ricoh at £1.75m

2/3 a leaked #ccfc letter to @coventrycc CEO Reeves accuses Higgs of failing to release key info to #ccfc Ltd liquidator including

3/3 updated info on JV agreement between council & Higgs, & Higgs' pre-emption rights over council share in Ricoh, ahead of 1 deadline yday

4/4 The letter states #ccfc Ltd liquidtr was given deadline by Higgs of yestdy to indicate an intention to bid for Higgs shares at £1.75m..

5/5 ..This figure differs from the £2.77m which council sources leaked was terms of the #5.5m+loan #Wasps Ricoh deal agreed by council

6/6Letter calls on @coventrycc to step in so liquidtr gets info needed for #CCFC to consider formal bid for Higgs share in Ricoh Arena

Noggin

SISU own CCFC at the moment and that doesn't look like changing. People moan about a new stadium and they moan about SISU buying into the Ricoh. Even if SISU disappeared tomorrow the next lot of charlatans would own the Ricoh and not the club.

Stalemate then.

The next lot of people wouldn't have proved beyond any reasonable doubt that they don't care at all about ccfc and only care about getting the stadium for cheap. You also don't know in the slightest that the football club and stadium wouldn't be part of the same company with someone else. All we know is sisu have no intention of putting them together and that sisu are happy to destroy the football club for their own ends so it should come as no surprise why people don't want sisu to get the ricoh without some way of ensuring its for the benefit of ccfc.

Noggin

How about Les post the letter instead of summarizing it in 140 char chunks. He afterall posted up the full private eye article.

kevinleftpeg

Well, as you said none of us know the ins and outs, but I imagine the Council will always be the good guys to some.

Torchy, with the greatest respect. I cannot wait until it eventually comes out into ther public domain exactly why our Hedgefund crew got involved in CCFC in the first place. I can assure you it's not the Football Club.

Shame Mr Fisher & the Team cannot spend some of their '60 million war chest' on some decent players whilst the new stadium is being built as part of their grand plan......... Oh I forgot, that probably another fib, but hey ho, just blame the Council...........

KLP

stupot07

Taken from twitter

1/3 I can reveal a dispute with #CCFC accusing Higgs of delaying release of info needed for #CCFC to bid for 50% Ricoh at £1.75m

2/3 a leaked #ccfc letter to @coventrycc CEO Reeves accuses Higgs of failing to release key info to #ccfc Ltd liquidator including

3/3 updated info on JV agreement between council & Higgs, & Higgs' pre-emption rights over council share in Ricoh, ahead of 1 deadline yday

4/4 The letter states #ccfc Ltd liquidtr was given deadline by Higgs of yestdy to indicate an intention to bid for Higgs shares at £1.75m..

5/5 ..This figure differs from the £2.77m which council sources leaked was terms of the #5.5m+loan #Wasps Ricoh deal agreed by council

6/6Letter calls on @coventrycc to step in so liquidtr gets info needed for #CCFC to consider formal bid for Higgs share in Ricoh Arena

Hang on, am I reading it right - wasps are paying £1.7m not £2.77m for Higgs share?

If so, we have been completely stitched up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Ian1779

Apparently it doesn't appear to be an issue that the deal for Higgs share could be for less than what SISU offered 2 years or so ago.

The same SISU who tried to rip off a 'children's charity'

But hey... It's just business

Noggin

Hang on, am I reading it right - wasps are paying £1.7m not £2.77m for Higgs share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I read it that sisu were given the chance to bid for the shares at 1.75m (it says nothing about wasps but the inference would be that is what they are paying) but instead of putting the bid in, they've waited till after the deadline and then complained publicly (and we all know thats whats happening here) that they weren't being given the right information.

Grendel

That I am sure is the point of the leak though most on here will close their eyes to it.

torchomatic

On the contrary i blame all sides, not just the Council.

Torchy, with the greatest respect. I cannot wait until it eventually comes out into ther public domain exactly why our Hedgefund crew got involved in CCFC in the first place. I can assure you it's not the Football Club.

Shame Mr Fisher & the Team cannot spend some of their '60 million war chest' on some decent players whilst the new stadium is being built as part of their grand plan......... Oh I forgot, that probably another fib, but hey ho, just blame the Council...........

KLP

Ian1779

I read it that sisu were given the chance to bid for the shares at 1.75m (it says nothing about wasps but the inference would be that is what they are paying) but instead of putting the bid in, they've waited till after the deadline and then complained publicly (and we all know thats whats happening here) that they weren't being given the right information.

Not quite sure how you arrived at that conclusion....

Since when did the Higgs share become 'available' at that price?

Can't imagine ACL saying 'you know your offer for 2m we turned down as it was derisory? Well it's your lucky day as you can now have it for even less.....'

duffer

I must confess I'm confused by this. SISU are complaining to the Council about Higgs - where's that going to get them?

I'm sure that Higgs don't want to sell to SISU because they've been burnt once already. I can understand that, but I'm still not having that the Wasps deal is in the best interest of the City.

I can see why it suits Higgs and the Council though, because clearly they've been lying about how successful ACL is if they're willing to part with it for this sort of money.

To be honest, we all know where this looks like heading again, the bloody courts. What a waste of time on everybody's part.

Noggin

Not quite sure how you arrived at that conclusion....

Since when did the Higgs share become 'available' at that price?

Can't imagine ACL saying 'you know your offer for 2m we turned down as it was derisory? Well it's your lucky day as you can now have it for even less.....'

How did I come to that conclusion? it's exactly what the tweet says

"4/4 The letter states #ccfc Ltd liquidtr was given deadline by Higgs of yestdy to indicate an intention to bid for Higgs shares at £1.75m.."

I didn't think the higgs share was availible at that price and without something better than tweets from Les Reid who ignored my request to put up the letter I probably still dont.

As for the last comment My Wifes mum has just sold a flat to a guy for 10,000 pounds less than the same guy offered her 6 months ago. He offered 140k (which was less than asking) she said no, he said I'll pay cash so no chain, she said ok, he delayed and delayed then said sorry I'm waiting for my house to sell (ie he wasn't paying cash) she pulled out, 6 months later sells to the same guy that messed her around for 10k less. If sisu has succeeded in destressing acl its understandable they may take an offer now that they wouldn't 2 years ago, especially after becoming sick of constant legal wranglings.

albatross

If its a done deal and wasps buy it , its too late for SISU to do anything about that. Who are SISU going to sue and for what? If Higgs sell the RICOH for £2m then it kind of frames what damages they can claim , if there is any case to answer and consequential damages ( if we would have bought it we would have made XX millions so Higgs owes us XX million) will not be considered.

duffer

If its a done deal and wasps buy it , its too late for SISU to do anything about that. Who are SISU going to sue and for what? If Higgs sell the RICOH for £2m then it kind of frames what damages they can claim , if there is any case to answer and consequential damages ( if we would have bought it we would have made XX millions so Higgs owes us XX million) will not be considered.

The only thing I can think of, is that Higgs were obliged to offer it to CCFC Ltd because of a contractual requirement, but made that offer in bad faith and can be shown to have acted outside the terms of the contract. In that case I guess you get breach of contract and subsequent damages.

It seems like a stretch to me, but then I haven't got a QC on speed-dial.

Sick Boy

Apparently it doesn't appear to be an issue that the deal for Higgs share could be for less than what SISU offered 2 years or so ago.

The same SISU who tried to rip off a 'children's charity'

But hey... It's just business

Also it now seems to be ok for sisu to move the club out of coventry if makes good business sense.

dongonzalos

Stalemate then.

Correction most people wanted them to buy into ACL. They just wanted them to do it the way wasps have.

Grendel

Correction most people wanted them to buy into ACL. They just wanted them to do it the way wasps have.

I thought you were adamant they should pay the charity back in full to gain a half share?

RoboCCFC90

The tweets from LR suggest that the Club are trying to clarify from the Higgs what the agreement for the sales of the share are and have been delayed in not obtaining that information, information which to them seems prudent for the Club to bid.

That's how I read the tweets, whether this information is reliable is to be seen but someone needs to look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Theres more to this than a few millions I would hazard a guess.
Wasp have committed to many tens of millions and I assume the other half share would be a similar commitment.
I guess this is just a paperwork exercise as CCFC Ltd has not got the funds to make an offer and there is bound to be a problem of Sisu putting in money to CCFC Ltd as it would then have to be distributed out to all it's debtors first.

Not an expert on this but neither is anybody else on this thread yet.

Would love a 50 50 share in ACL but I feel its not possible.

Grendel

Theres more to this than a few millions I would hazard a guess.
Wasp have committed to many tens of millions and I assume the other half share would be a similar commitment.
I guess this is just a paperwork exercise as CCFC Ltd has not got the funds to make an offer and there is bound to be a problem of Sisu putting in money to CCFC Ltd as it would then have to be distributed out to all it's debtors first.

Not an expert on this but neither is anybody else on this thread yet.

Would love a 50 50 share in ACL but I feel its not possible.

They haven't committed tens of millions - stop lying.

And its creditors not debtors - idiot

dongonzalos

I thought you were adamant they should pay the charity back in full to gain a half share?

Always stated the charity should get its money back or an offer they are happy with.
If they rejected 2 million and are now accepting bids less than 2 million then they have screwed up IMO.
We obviously don't know that.
The most important thing is they accept a bid they are happy with and are not forced into a bid they are not happy with.

Grendel

Always stated the charity should get its money back or an offer they are happy with.
If they rejected 2 million and are now accepting bids less than 2 million then they have screwed up IMO.
We obviously don't know that.
The most important thing is they accept a bid they are happy with and are not forced into a bid they are not happy with.

You will never know if they are happy or not will you?

skybluetony176

Now. Have Higgs delayed the release of the info needed or is this info already in Ltd and the administrator can't find it? You know, like the golden share.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread