higgs half still for sale (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Did I hear right on CWR and todays deal is just the council half?

covmark

I thought the council were acquiring Higgs share to stop the football club being able to get it?

Nick

Administrator
Just read that somebody has said this also.

CWR did say "Playing at the Wasps owned stadium"

Bit confusing isn;t it?

James Smith

Not sure what that means if it's true.

spwaverley4916

BBC Cov and War - said it was 50% of ACL - previously owned by CCC. suppose we will have to wait until actual details are published.

duffer

I don't think the chap on CWR is particularly well clued up on this - I'd go with the CET line, it's 100% and CCC will buy and sell the Higgs share to Wasps back-to-back.

bigfatronssba

I don't think the chap on CWR is particularly well clued up on this - I'd go with the CET line, it's 100% and CCC will buy and sell the Higgs share to Wasps back-to-back.

So if that's the case , Higgs haven't actually sold anything yet then.

Nothing to stop Sisu gazumping CCC.

Nick

Administrator
I guess that makes sense, how could the Council vote on the Higgs to sell their share?

bigfatronssba

I guess that makes sense, how could the Council vote on the Higgs to sell their share?

I suspect included in the vote was the intention to approach Higgs to buy their share. As you say the Council cant force Higgs to sell.

stupot07

I suspect included in the vote was the intention to approach Higgs to buy their share. As you say the Council cant force Higgs to sell.

And the council can veto Higgs. I imaging the deal would be done at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Como

There was an initial suggestion that Higgs half would be bought by CCC and then sold on, now being sold direct.

chiefdave

There was an initial suggestion that Higgs half would be bought by CCC and then sold on, now being sold direct.

That's what I thought was happened. Can't remember where that came from though but if that hasn't happened its a fairly fundamental change to what we thought was happening.

James Smith

That's what I thought was happened. Can't remember where that came from though but if that hasn't happened its a fairly fundamental change to what we thought was happening.

Council can't force the Higgs to sell though can they?

xcraigx

If it was only a half share I'm acl then wouldn't Wasps have tried to buy the higgs half for a lot less than 20 mill?

Grendel

Council can't force the Higgs to sell though can they?

It seems the council have them their money back - I imagine a lot of negotiating went on to achieve that.

slowdave

Ann Lucas on SSN has just confirmed that Wasps have bought 50% of the Ricoh. She stated that Higgs owned the other 50% and they have to offer first dibs to CCFC if they sell their shares.

ccfc92

Ann Lucas on SSN has just confirmed that Wasps have bought 50% of the Ricoh. She stated that Higgs owned the other 50% and they have to offer first dibs to CCFC if they sell their shares.

Interesting :thinking about:

James Smith

So we could potentially buy the Higgs out and have a set up like Swansea where the rugby and football clubs own the stadium management company. Except Sisu don't want to do that.

James Smith

It seems the council have them their money back - I imagine a lot of negotiating went on to achieve that.

That doesn't mean that they have to sell to Wasps though does it?

Last edited:

rupert_bear

Could CCFC a viable club to buy. I expect someone to make a move and make sisu an offer they can't refuse and then snap up the Higgs shares

Last edited:

Grendel

Every news report contradicts you I'm afraid.

chiefdave

So we could potentially buy the Higgs out and have a set up like Swansea where the rugby and football clubs own the stadium management company. Except Sisu don't want to do that.

If true that would be the sensible thing to do. Then an agreement so we get all football revenues, they get all rugby revenue and everything else is split.

Grendel

I watched her say it on SSN and then rewound it and watched it again. I was expecting her to say "first dibs" were for Wasps, but she said that honour was for CCFC

Midlands today said the council bought them out and fisher said the same tonight on Cwr. No one would buy half share and full loan liability.

J

Jack Griffin

This means SISU will have to confirm they will not buy into the Stadium, or put the money up.

Midlands today said the council bought them out and fisher said the same tonight on Cwr. No one would buy half share and full loan liability.
Oh, already confirmed!

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread