Hickman (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

"Bags" does indeed mean £1000. Bags of sand - grand.

steve cooper

you his dad? someone filming it? he filmed it himself the prick. no one to blame but himself. couldnt care what he does but when he says hes leaving and fuck cov well fuck off then. no second chances.
The other way of looking at is, if this gives a kick up the backside and makes him knuckle down and appreciate what he has got, maybe it could be looked on as a good thing in time.

fatso

Get rid of the idiot.
Make a statement and let every young player aware of what is expected.

Otis

MR doesn't exactly seem like the most forgiving of managers. Regardless of our opinions which are clearly split, I think we all can agree I wouldn't want to be Hickman when he gets back.
Agree.

Have been thinking about it. I suppose the only thing in his defence is if this was totally out of character for him.

I can't see Robins standing for it though and do think he may well be gone from the club very soon.

SkyBlueCRJ

Agree.

Have been thinking about it. I suppose the only thing in his defence is if this was totally out of character for him.

I can't see Robins standing for it though and do think he may well be gone from the club very soon.

If I were him I'd cancel the holiday and go back straight away if he's serious about apologising. Just to take him out of that situation if anything as well as showing some initiative.

Exactly. One thing MR seems to hate and it's a bad attitude whether it's on the field or off it so on that basis I just can't see any way back from this for him.

The Lurker

MR doesn't exactly seem like the most forgiving of managers. Regardless of our opinions which are clearly split, I think we all can agree I wouldn't want to be Hickman when he gets back.
I couldnt care about him. he wants to get pissed up fine but pissed me off was the to all the cov fans I’m leaving cov fuck cov.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There was a young lad named Icky
Put himself in a situation quite sticky
Acting like a geezer
On hols in Ibiza
Next year, just try Billericay

There was a young lad named Jak
Whose judgement did sorely lack
Thought he was all that
But just looked like a twat
Now he might be getting the sack

Last edited:

SkyBlueCRJ

yep. just a silly kid who can't handle his booze acting up on holiday. hasn't he got a bit of history for being a bit of a fool? see someone's been playin with his wiki

I think the main issue is, is that it's happened at the worst possible time. Fans are already massively irate due to the ground share so whether you think the reaction is over the top or not Hickman's comments aren't exactly helping matters are they. Stupid mistake which I'm sure he's sorry for but fact of the matter is he should know better and therefore shouldn't be let off lightly.

DannyThomas_1981

A classic case of youth, insecurity, ego, bragging to mates to make an impression and trying to impress birds after being on the booze all day.

Highly regrettable. And totally laughable given that Hickman is no doubt one of the lowest paid in that particular bar whilst trying to act like a gangster/high roller. The unintentional hilarity of the video (for example, Hickman's delusion that he has deep pockets/is God's gift to women/has the most gorgeous eyes and is wanted by the cocktail waitress) is more than enough to make this video go viral.

But like many others have said - most of us have said things we might heavily regret on reflection when we've been off our heads at a young age. I'm sure grateful that camera phones were not around when I was aged 17-25 to capture some of my 'one off' errors. I'm a really nice guy but I've certainly done things I have regretted (particularly when booze is involved). Part of the growing up process. Add in the ego of being a professional footballer and having certain role models at the club (JCH - gangster etc.) then I can see how this happens. It's also an unfortunate reflection of our culture today whereby being rich/materialistic/trying to act like a high roller seems to be all important. Can't blame all of that on one young guy.

I remember McNulty (who I really like as a person) on a video around the same time this year, pissed up on holiday with mates and announcing he was off to the Championship. These things happen and McNulty is 100 times more mature than Hickman clearly is.

I think the sheer embarrassment and humiliation of the video in the cold light of day is more than enough punishment in this case for Hickman. I'm sure he will mature and learn from this. Time to give the kid a break if this is a one off. The only thing of value from the video (apart from the fantastic comedy) is the implication that Bayliss is off to Villa/Derby etc. for £10K per week.

Last edited:

Alkhen

to save people the link click heres a statement from Jak:
“Just want to speak on the video what people seen yesterday"
“It’s disgraceful on my behalf saying them words and I’m so disappointed in myself, I’m not going to try and condone what I said because it’s just not on.
“I have nothing but love for Coventry City football club. I know a lot of people have had their opinion what they saw and I cannot blame them.
“I’m on holiday with friends and I had a drink but that is not an excuse for what I said.
“All I can say is sorry and try to prove myself to you on the pitch where it matters, if I get the chance.
“I and anyone else I mentioned are not leaving their club just to clear that up, it was drunken words which were not acceptable and I didn’t want anything I said to be seen"
“People who know me personally will know what I’m like and will laugh but if you don’t I cannot blame you for thinking I’m an idiot.
“But it’s happened now, all I can do personally now is try and put it right.
“Secondly, I just want to say as fans of the club you lot shouldn’t have to see someone giving it the big one like that, thinking I’m something special when I’m far from it.
“And I’m very different to that if you know me personally. I’m just upset with myself right now.”

DannyThomas_1981

“It’s disgraceful on my behalf saying them words and I’m so disappointed in myself, I’m not going to try and condone what I said because it’s just not on.
“I have nothing but love for Coventry City football club. I know a lot of people have had their opinion what they saw and I cannot blame them.
“I’m on holiday with friends and I had a drink but that is not an excuse for what I said.
“All I can say is sorry and try to prove myself to you on the pitch where it matters, if I get the chance.
“I and anyone else I mentioned are not leaving their club just to clear that up, it was drunken words which were not acceptable and I didn’t want anything I said to be seen"
“People who know me personally will know what I’m like and will laugh but if you don’t I cannot blame you for thinking I’m an idiot.
“Secondly, I just want to say as fans of the club you lot shouldn’t have to see someone giving it the big one like that, thinking I’m something special when I’m far from it.
“And I’m very different to that if you know me personally. I’m just upset with myself right now.”

I think that's a genuine, heartfelt, honest and fair statement. We've all made mistakes in similar circumstances. Let's move on. He has my support if he's prepared to learn from this.

tisza

that'll do.
Sure most on here have acted the fool whilst young and on holiday with their mates.
all woken up the following morning and oops wish i hadn't done that (or her).
As someone said earlier glad didn't have all these mobiles and social media when i was younger. Sure i could have made some Youtube highlight reels with daft behaviour when under the influence.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I think that's a genuine, heartfelt, honest and fair statement. We've all made mistakes in similar circumstances. Let's move on. He has my support if he's prepared to learn from this.

I agree, although looking on Twitter I’d say a lot of our fans are suffering much butt-hurt. My guess is the ones calling him the c word etc are probably the ones most likely to behave like that themselves.

I’d suggest that he is likely to have to take a drug test when he returns, and hair-strand tests can show up positives months afterwards, so if he’s been a naughty boy it might all be irrelevant what any of us think.

Rodders1

He’s 20, drunk and high a as kite. One things for sure is he’s feeling terrible today not just due to the beer and coke!

I’d give him a last chance, everyone makes mistakes and to be frank 99% on here will have been pissed and said stupid stuff - although not videoed it - what a muppet!

Covstu

Sack the wee twat, brought his club into disrepute and we don’t need poison like that in our team particularly what we are going through.

Covstu

He’s 20, drunk and high a as kite. One things for sure is he’s feeling terrible today not just due to the beer and coke!

I’d give him a last chance, everyone makes mistakes and to be frank 99% on here will have been pissed and said stupid stuff - although not videoed it - what a muppet!
The fact that he is on coke is the exact reason he shouldn’t play for our club again

Esoterica

I agree, although looking on Twitter I’d say a lot of our fans are suffering much butt-hurt. My guess is the ones calling him the c word etc are probably the ones most likely to behave like that themselves.

I’d suggest that he is likely to have to take a drug test when he returns, and hair-strand tests can show up positives months afterwards, so if he’s been a naughty boy it might all be irrelevant what any of us think.
Will be the same group of fans who think it is fine to abuse and scream in a players face at a match but then go crying to the police when the player says something back or makes a gesture.

Rodders1

Essentially powdered tobacco in little bags that you insert between your gums and lips. Same kick as smoking without the lung impact. Banned in the EU except for Sweden. Very popular in the Nordic countries and with ice hockey players.
I remember that Sven Goran Eriksen enjoyed it too.

Users who are viewing this thread