Heroes (1 Viewer)

suffolkblue

I just wanted to say how phenomenal your team, management and fans were yesterday. You did your club, your town and the Championshio proud. I was gutted so can only imagine how you all felt when that var check sign went up on the scoreboard. You deserved more but as hard as it is to take today just remember that that game and your team will be remembered long after the final.

It’s great to see a proper club like Coventry back on the up. We’ve had some bad years until the last two but nothing compared to what you’ve been through. You’ll have more days like that, with happier endings in future. Keep the faith!

Alkhen

I just wanted to say how phenomenal your team, management and fans were yesterday. You did your club, your town and the Championshio proud. I was gutted so can only imagine how you all felt when that var check sign went up on the scoreboard. You deserved more but as hard as it is to take today just remember that that game and your team will be remembered long after the final.

It’s great to see a proper club like Coventry back on the up. We’ve had some bad years until the last two but nothing compared to what you’ve been through. You’ll have more days like that, with happier endings in future. Keep the faith!

I have my fingers crossed Ipswich and Leeds can reel in Leicester. Be nice to see a proper club in the Prem but mostly I just want the teams on an upward curve to feck off out of our league :D

With your investment you will be strong whatever happens whereas Leicester are pretty screwed if they fail to go up this season. I want the weakest league possible next season so we can have a proper run at automatics

suffolkblue

I have my fingers crossed Ipswich and Leeds can reel in Leicester. Be nice to see a proper club in the Prem but mostly I just want the teams on an upward curve to feck off out of our league :D

With your investment you will be strong whatever happens whereas Leicester are pretty screwed if they fail to go up this season. I want the weakest league possible next season so we can have a proper run at automatics
Leicester are there now barring a complete collapse. Straight battle between us and Leeds. I still think we may fall short (automatic is our best chance, we won’t go up via the play offs) but regardless we’ve had a fantastic season. As for the upward curve - it’s been a long time coming but is still quite fragile in some ways. McKenna is a genius, incredible manager and if he goes in the summer he will be near impossible to replace.

shmmeee

Really want Ipswich up. And not just cos Leicester Leeds and Soton are horrible clubs or cos they seem to always outplay us 🤣

JAM See

I blame Ipswich Town and Bobby fucking Robson for Brexit!

Bloody Europeans, Muhren and Thijssen, coming over here, showing our doughty cloggers how to pass a football!

That's not the English [sic] way!

English [sic] football needs to "Take Back Control".

Only joking, and many thanks for being so obliging against plucky Maidstone.

Could have been you yesterday, with a fair wind against Wolves.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

SkyBlueTam

Sorry missed the most important point - I’m an Ipswich fan!
I think we guessed that, seeing as Ipswich are in Suffolk and they play in Blue. I suppose you could of been Lowestoft Town FC, they play in blue.

Nice one I hope you win 2 of your last 3 games and make the autos.

suffolkblue

I blame Ipswich Town and Bobby fucking Robson for Brexit!

Fucking Dutch players, Muhren and Thijssen, coming over here, showing our doughty cloggers how to pass a football!

That's not the English [sic] way!

English [sic] football needs to "Take Back Control".

Only joking, and many thanks for being so obliging against plucky Maidstone.

Could have been you, with a fair wind against Wolves.

All the best for the rest of the season.
Cheers! Maidstone was an odd one. We could play that game 100 times more and wouldn’t lose it again. Fair play to them though, two great finishes and we were well off the pace too after the first 10 minutes. Humiliating at the time but a blessing too as the squad look tired and injuries are taking their toll. The extra game(s) would have taken us out of the running - and conversely without them you’d probably be top 6.

Happy_Martian

I think we guessed that, seeing as Ipswich are in Suffolk and they play in Blue. I suppose you could of been Lowestoft Town FC, they play in blue.

Nice one I hope you win 2 of your last 3 games and make the autos.

Don't say that. Thought he was Saafend meself :ROFLMAO:

messiahrobins

Cheers, and yesterday was one for all the EFL clubs to stick two fingers up to the Establishment.
Hope Ipswich go up, like us, you are a traditional top flight English club with great history and should be in the PL so hopefully you go up and we join you a year later.

CBS16

Good luck to Ipswich Town. Saviour these days I hope you win the league, the pride I felt yesterday is something every fan of good honest working class fanbase should get at least once in a lifetime! PUSB

suffolkblue

After years of diabolical football, decline and numerous embarrassments, trust me we’re all savouring every game. So many highs this season and no real lows. Promotion would be the icing on the cake, but whatever happens in the next few weeks we’re back at last.

am sure you felt incredible pride yesterday, this might sound daft but I was proud for you. As the song says “the streets all echo of admiration”. I’m in my 50’s but would endure years of mediocrity for an afternoon like you had yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread