Helping out fellow fans (1 Viewer)

Specs WT-R75

Yay we hit the new, new target!

It would be nice if the club could do a 1-for-1 matching scheme. Seems a bit stingy to only offer 1 pair of STs. After all the club is also benefiting from income they wouldn't otherwise have had.

I'm inclined to disagree a little bit with this one. I would like to hope the recipients would have went to some games - in which case a 1 for 1 match would definitely cost the club money. I think giving an extra ST is an absolutely fine gesture by the club. Especially if you consider that honoring the early bird price is effectively another half a ST at least.

It would be nice if it was someone who has previously committed but currently having a hard time of it rather than those who've never put anything to the club and suddenly interested in a freebie, but I certainly don't envy you having to decide the recipients as I'm sure you'll get many worthy requests and can only really take their stories at face value.

I think this is a solid criteria personally. It could be relatively easy to substantiate with email receipts of any ticket purchases etc although we could also consider things like date of sign up for forum posters as well.

Nick

Administrator
It's now at £1520. Some very generous donations.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Do you think I should change to £1,750 to keep pushing?
It’s exceeded everything I had hoped for but don’t want to stop the possibility for others to benefit from this generosity from everyone?

Nick

Administrator
You can do :)

How many adult and child packages is that? Have you had many get in touch about having them?

I thought the family zone might be able to help, you would think they see kids come in every so often who love being there but don't get to make it too much as well.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

4.6 sets, £1,640 gets the 5th set assuming £299 adult, £25 child and £4 of booking fees.

Add that to the clubs and we are close to 6 full sets.
Keep it coming and every penny counts but if you can keep spreading the word, retweet out, Facebook and tell friends then it will make a huge difference.

Warwickhunt

I’m sure it will be I’d like to say I hope at least one set of tickets goes to a separated Dad without full custody. Football builds that bond like nothing else between Dad and lad IMO.

Edit: perhaps loca support groups/charities can suggest good candidates?
it would be more like the seperated Dads are the ones who can least afford a ticket ! unless they have an extremely well paid job

shmmeee

4.6 sets, £1,640 gets the 5th set assuming £299 adult, £25 child and £4 of booking fees.

Add that to the clubs and we are close to 6 full sets.
Keep it coming and every penny counts but if you can keep spreading the word, retweet out, Facebook and tell friends then it will make a huge difference.

£40 off that 5th set people!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

All, apologies, I was late back last night from a weekend away, I will aim to pick up on moving this forward later this week as I think the fund raising, whilst we may still get some more, has generally stalled and reached its potential, it is a significant sum that can and will help out.

I propose to:

1. Set up 2/3 individuals from this forum to receive nominations and evaluate them.
2. These nominations need to come from this site into those individuals as this is how the word has spread and the money flowed.
3. Once agreed, the club can be contacted about these individuals and details provided and tickets arranged.
4. I will transfer the money straight to the club (if possible).

I want it to be as transparent about this as possible without giving away peoples details and also for people to see that I am not self funding myself or friends in any way possible.

I trust this is ok?

mark82

All, apologies, I was late back last night from a weekend away, I will aim to pick up on moving this forward later this week as I think the fund raising, whilst we may still get some more, has generally stalled and reached its potential, it is a significant sum that can and will help out.

I propose to:

1. Set up 2/3 individuals from this forum to receive nominations and evaluate them.
2. These nominations need to come from this site into those individuals as this is how the word has spread and the money flowed.
3. Once agreed, the club can be contacted about these individuals and details provided and tickets arranged.

I want it to be as transparent about this as possible without giving away peoples details and also for people to see that I am not self funding myself or friends in any way possible.

I trust this is ok?
Sounds good to me. As I said before, happy to be involved if needed.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

I have 3 volunteers who will review nominations for consideration for S/T's.
I have set up a shared chat group and I will post into that the nominations received.

So if you know anyone, want to nominate an individual, family or anyone then please drop me a private message with the details, I know we don't want to pry into individuals circumstances too much but we also want to balance that with helping and we need something to at least help us understand why that individual should be helped.

I have the ones from before and one posted on here already but please do send through, we have enough for 6 sets of Adult + 1 child or different combinations.

Your donations have been fantastic, the fixtures are out so lets try and make a few peoples season a whole lot brighter.

SAJ

Is there any other way of donating other than via this site? The reason I ask is I strongly object to sites like this ripping off everybody "for a small donation to cover their costs". In the 8 years this company has been running their small donation of 5% or above has netted them something like £200 million quid. Not bad for setting up a website really is it?

pipkin73

Is there any other way of donating other than via this site? The reason I ask is I strongly object to sites like this ripping off everybody "for a small donation to cover their costs". In the 8 years this company has been running their small donation of 5% or above has netted them something like £200 million quid. Not bad for setting up a website really is it?
WTF This is between CCFC fans. Go do one

Mild-Mannered Janitor

I had no other way to be able to do this and try to help some other city fans out, if you can find a better way for next year to raise over £1,600 without charges then I’m more than happy to donate and work with you in a different way.
10+ people will benefit from this and if you want to donate without helping out gofundme then drop me a pm and I will gladly meet you and take your cash and hand it straight to the club when we purchase these season tickets.

better days

F
I do understand what you mean Saj but other sites deduct 12.5% from donations
Let's not let a small(ish) issue like this get in the way of what is a noble effort by MMJ
The best way of course is to help people directly which is simple if you know the people in need personally but MMJ is doing this for people he doesn't know but share the interest in the Sky Blues
Let's keep it all positive

Last edited:

shmmeee

“Setting up a website” isn’t that simple, especially with payment processing. They also made the 5% donation optional about six months ago.

If it’s so easy and so immoral I suggest you set your own up.

Stop coming up with stupid reasons to justify the fact you don’t want to donate.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

All,

Can you put on your collective thinking hats please as to who we could help out and send me some nominations through please, I have had a few but we would love more, the money raised was fantastic, I am off next Wednesday and would love to go into the club, give them some names and details and transfer them the money.

I am trying some of the charities and SBIT but not too much joy currently from them.

Nick

Administrator
Would think SBITC would be best placed, they have various schemes like people trying to get into work, adult fitness classes etc. They will be meeting the people who would really benefit from it!

SAJ

I had no other way to be able to do this and try to help some other city fans out, if you can find a better way for next year to raise over £1,600 without charges then I’m more than happy to donate and work with you in a different way.
10+ people will benefit from this and if you want to donate without helping out gofundme then drop me a pm and I will gladly meet you and take your cash and hand it straight to the club when we purchase these season tickets.

james raffell

I’m hopeful of selling out a few upcoming abroad trips which would then start TnS as a proper business, if all gods plan I’ll happily buy a few half season packages to donate (I won’t know if properly successful until about December time. In the meantime, the best I could offer is discounted travel to away days but I don’t know if that will annoy other supporters who travel

skyblueinBaku

I’m hopeful of selling out a few upcoming abroad trips which would then start TnS as a proper business, if all gods plan I’ll happily buy a few half season packages to donate (I won’t know if properly successful until about December time. In the meantime, the best I could offer is discounted travel to away days but I don’t know if that will annoy other supporters who travel
If it's helping a dad (or mum) who has fallen on hard times to take a child to see the football, I can't see a reason why anyone could be annoyed.

Specs WT-R75

I propose to:

I trust this is ok?

MMJ, if 'AStonesThrow' from earlier in the thread is not one of the fortunate to be chosen please can you let me know via PM. I promised in the thread I would buy his lad a JSB membership if not selected.

Cheers,
Specs.

Users who are viewing this thread