Helicopter crash at king power (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

He seemed to care for the football club and the wider community of Leicester. So what do we get on here? A load of crap, if these are the views of many of our supporters I dispair.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It's a little bit confusing to me why people have a thing with others expressing their sympathy on this tragedy on social media. If I see a subject on facebook that doesn't involve or interest me, i scroll right past it, and don't read it.

If you hate that sort of thing, why read it? Some posts here give the impression that they are going looking for these comments so they can be angry about them
I personally, haven't seen anything on my Farcebook account. I can't think of any of my 'contacts' that would post that sort of thing. As I posted earlier, I just see it as news. If it flashes up on my screen, and it's in my face, whether that be TV or PC, then obviously, through pure curiosity I will read it. If, however, after perusing a few lines and it holds no interest for me, then I will cease reading and carry on with whatever it was that I was doing. Quite the same as a lot of posts on here really.

oucho

Not nice news at all from Leicester...................a lot worse from Indonesia however and the loss of 189 ordinary folk on a budget airline. Shit really does happen every day out there for someone !

Yep. Without being preachy, it really does remind you of how lucky we are in life.

Gazolba

Was researching that AW169 Helicopter. Very difficult to find much technical information about it.
It's twin-engined, costs 8.5 million dollars. Pretty new so no accident history until now.
The larger version of the helicopter, the AW139, has been in a number of accidents.
The smaller AW119 seems to have the best safety record.

Nick

Administrator
If people want to go and show their respects then it's up to them.

What I don't get is why it needs to be documented?

"I am an xxxx fan living in xxx and today we went to show our respects [insert picture of flowers/shirt etc here]"

Really don't get that approach.

Then you have the cockroach, lazy journalists "If you are a fan who has been to the king power, please get in touch so we can write a story about it to get in on the action without having to leave the desk"

If I was grieving somebody because of a tragic event and any people wanting to get involved or journos rocked up they would be packed up into their car and gone before they could speak.

Covstu

Did you see the video? It showed the heli taking off (must be by a steward) then as it was over the stadium you could see it spin wildly then drop down the side of the stand, scary stuff!!!

Nick

Administrator
I saw something that looked like it was from CCTV, petrifying stuff. Hate flying at the best of times never mind a Helicopter.

vow

Did you see the video? It showed the heli taking off (must be by a steward) then as it was over the stadium you could see it spin wildly then drop down the side of the stand, scary stuff!!!
Aye, saw both cctv and footage from inside the stadium, terrifying.

chiefdave

Was speaking to the helicopter engineers at work today and they are certain something hit it, they reckon a drone.

They also insist helicopters are far safer than planes. According to them its pointless looking at figures comparing the two as helicopters often fly in dangerous places that planes would never go.

Nick

Administrator
Was speaking to the helicopter engineers at work today and they are certain something hit it, they reckon a drone.

They also insist helicopters are far safer than planes. According to them its pointless looking at figures comparing the two as helicopters often fly in dangerous places that planes would never go.
Didn't somebody mention the sky drone?

Wouldn't they have radar to pick things like that up?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm sure the Air Crash Investigating Team will scrutinise any video footage that they can get their hands on. If there was a collision with a drone, then someone could well be charged with at least manslaughter.

tommydazzle

News tonight showed something flying off the tail rotor. Without the tail rotor functioning there's nothing to stop the helicopter spinning with the main rotor which seems to be what happened.

Nick

Administrator
News tonight showed something flying off the tail rotor. Without the tail rotor functioning there's nothing to stop the helicopter spinning with the main rotor which seems to be what happened.
Surely it's either hit something or was faulty?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

There is a huge amount of genuine sadness among the club and supporters of LCFC for a man who made a huge contribution locally in many ways.

Am I alone in thinking there would not be quite the same outpouring of grief were a similar misfortune to befall our owners?
That's an understatement. A measure of the owners of Leicester is the genuine feeling of sadness and shock at what has happened to someone who has done so much good to Leicester City and the City of Leicester.
Our owners have heaped nothing but misery and destruction on our club in the pursuit of greed and selfish advance Their demise would leave me feeling nothing but a sense of relief. So no, you're not alone.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

That's an understatement. A measure of the owners of Leicester is the genuine feeling of sadness and shock at what has happened to someone who has done so much good to Leicester City and the City of Leicester.
Our owners have heaped nothing but misery and destruction on our club in the pursuit of greed and selfish advance Their demise would leave me feeling nothing but a sense of relief. So no, you're not alone.

Just like Manchester City owners who have done just as much, if not more, to the local area?

I can just see the outpouring of grief if the Sheikh was in a helicopter that crashed...

Covkid1968#

Is it too early to suggest we have a whip round and buy Tim and Joy a helicopter.....
I want to say you will be shot down in flames with that statement but that feels inappropriate

rob9872

Is it too early to suggest we have a whip round and buy Tim and Joy a helicopter.....

I think so - people are still trying to out-grieve eachother, so we'll have to settle on a black Mercedes and a trip to Paris

Gazolba

Would you expect a helicopter engineer to say anything different?
Planes fly higher, faster and further and through worse weather conditions than Helicopters.

Covkid1968#

Shit the bed... radio 5 talking about the leics players getting councilling and it being like Liverpool and Everton players needing councilling after hillsborough to help them prepare for football again.... no it’s not.... 96 fans died at a game.... families all over Liverpool affected. Tragic as it is but surely you can’t draw that many any comparisons.....pfffffff

fernandopartridge

Shit the bed... radio 5 talking about the leics players getting councilling and it being like Liverpool and Everton players needing councilling after hillsborough to help them prepare for football again.... no it’s not.... 96 fans died at a game.... families all over Liverpool affected. Tragic as it is but surely you can’t draw that many any comparisons.....pfffffff

Pathetic isn't it.

Otis

I walked past a bloke in town yesterday and he was wearing a Leicester shirt. He seemed quite down and as we passed, for one fleeting moment, we were as one and I felt his pain.

One moment of shared, unified grief.

Covstu

Notts county are going to warm up in Leicester tops as a mark of respect? What a load of shit! Apparently on their twitter page (not on there!)

Brighton Sky Blue

Notts county are going to warm up in Leicester tops as a mark of respect? What a load of shit! Apparently on their twitter page (not on there!)

Give away a 9 figure sum to any club and they could be wearing shirts with your face on it...

Users who are viewing this thread