Heat (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

We pretty much have. It's been hot the last few days but with the days getting shorter it's nowhere near as bad as it could've been had it been a month ago. Imagine living on the continent during this summer!
…and not having air conditioning. 😡

tisza

We pretty much have. It's been hot the last few days but with the days getting shorter it's nowhere near as bad as it could've been had it been a month ago. Imagine living on the continent during this summer!
We've been "celebrating" dropping down to 29/30 last week or so. Been another brutal summer. Main thing now is night temperatures dropping into the "teens" which does make the mornings and evenings more bearable.

Saddlebrains

Quite surprised at the night time temps though

Would have thought with it being dark by 19.45 now that we would have a pretty dramatic drop off but the nights are stifling hot and horrible

Reactions: AOM

Sick Boy

We've been "celebrating" dropping down to 29/30 last week or so. Been another brutal summer. Main thing now is night temperatures dropping into the "teens" which does make the mornings and evenings more bearable.
We had a respite with a couple of days around 25 which were very much welcomed, don’t think I’ll ever be a fan of 30c by 9am. Finally getting air con installed later this year though.

wingy

We had a respite with a couple of days around 25 which were very much welcomed, don’t think I’ll ever be a fan of 30c by 9am. Finally getting air con installed later this year though.
Have you checked if it can operate in reverse to give you air source heating?

tisza

Those mornings are the killers. Plus they normally mean night temps aren't dropping much below 25. Makes sleep difficult. Lot of people here "migrate" downstairs for the summer due to it a bit cooler than upstairs.
Not a big fan of Aircon but can't leave windows open at night because of the insects -particularly mosquitos if there has been any sort of storm rain.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well with a bit of luck it will lash down rain tonight

Sick Boy

Those mornings are the killers. Plus they normally mean night temps aren't dropping much below 25. Makes sleep difficult. Lot of people here "migrate" downstairs for the summer due to it a bit cooler than upstairs.
Not a big fan of Aircon but can't leave windows open at night because of the insects -particularly mosquitos if there has been any sort of storm rain.
Yeah we sleep with windows (French doors) wide open all night with anti-mosquito plugs. I just see it as good preparation for parenthood. At one point it was 35c inside our apartment so we relented and booked it in, I work from home most of the time though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Murray have dreamed the past couple of days
A week of high twenties compared to a few weeks well into the 30's and touching 40 last year. Yeah, we've got away with it cos the gulf stream kept the hot air above Europe until we were naturally starting to cool down due to shorter days. If it acts like normal next year this summer is going to seem like bliss.

Yes it's felt really hot this week (possibly the sun being lower has made it feel more intense) but I can go indoors or sit in the shade. Last summer even that was futile - it just felt hot everywhere.

NorthernWisdom

A week of high twenties compared to a few weeks well into the 30's and touching 40 last year. Yeah, we've got away with it cos the gulf stream kept the hot air above Europe until we were naturally starting to cool down due to shorter days. If it acts like normal next year this summer is going to seem like bliss.

Yes it's felt really hot this week (possibly the sun being lower has made it feel more intense) but I can go indoors or sit in the shade. Last summer even that was futile - it just felt hot everywhere.
Let me introduce you to the concept of a turn of phrase, a rhetorical device to make conversation vaguely interesting for those who aren't taking literalism to the extreme.

So yeah, the last few days have been shit hot and yeah, given August wasn't I thought we'd got away with it. Bite me.

And yeah, the fact I'm sat here in my pants trying to keep everyone cool is making me slightly irritable at anyone who suggests I should be grateful it's not even hotter.

Evo1883

It's a good one today , kids played 3 x 15 minutes for pre season , just too hot

Grendel

Heat has done something to mean the catch on the loft hatch no longer... catches.

It had better not fall on our heads in the night

the advice is to leave it open anyway so the heat rises but I’ve never really seen it make a lot of difference

TomRad85

Can't get down the hallway if open!
extreme insanity GIF

duffer

Heat has done something to mean the catch on the loft hatch no longer... catches.

It had better not fall on our heads in the night

Fwiw, there's a theory that having the loft hatch open pulls cooler air into the house from downstairs. What happens if there's no cooler air, I can't say! 😁

duffer

15 min water breaks in sams first open age game
Was still too hot just to watch from the side
He ran 10km in the middle

Oof... that is hard core at any temperature. I doubt he'll be up too late tonight, but then I'm not young anymore. 🙂

NorthernWisdom

I've had 4 hours sleep most days this week
That's been one 'bonus' here. Six weeks of zero sleep as demon spawn loves the night and would only sleep if I held him, but he's been too hot to sleep during the day so has been so tired he's finally started to go off on his own in his crib once it cools down... a little.

Four hours sleep is heaven!

Macca1987

Was humid as hell yesterday, then we had a spot of rain and it seemed to cool down, an hour later with the sun out was dripping again, oh for cooler nights

Mcbean

If I open the loft all sorts of video nasties will fly / climb / crawl ( delete where necessary) into the house - normally a Gale blowing up there in the winter

Users who are viewing this thread