He must go now... (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

I like AT as a bloke but come on regardless of the poor quality we have in some departments this guy is not achieving anything and we need a manager who can dictate some imagination, tactical noose and know how to get us out of this mess and quickly.
Sorry Andy but we are bottom and 13 points. We need change. We need change at the club but we need a management change immediately. We can't afford to wait any longer.

cloughie

I think he should resign after being undermined the delude one by beingt on the bench, but I beleive he will stay just to make them sack him.

bring on the orange one ...maybe we will play like Holland of the 70s/ 80s

In my opinion we need to remove AT and the entire board. Although, I can't see a replacement for AT doing much better without a new stream of investment and with SISU's attitude towards selling up I can't really see that happening. I'm already trying to find Crawley on a map.

Last edited:

Otis

He needs to go, one way or the other.

Still scratching my head as to why he played a goalscoring, attacking midfielder in the holding roll just in front of the back four. :facepalm: Another mistake to add to the ever increasing catalogue unfortunately.

Still scratching my head as to why he played a goalscoring, attacking midfielder in the holding roll just in front of the back four. :facepalm: Another mistake to add to the ever increasing catalogue unfortunately.

Yep, I'm with you on that one.

Otis

And what's all this about?

"Speaking to Sky Blue Player, Thorn said: "It was one of those games which we seem to be getting each week as I don't know how we didn't score."

To my mind we had that one clear cut chance and that was of Wood's in the first half. Besides that we hardly threatened.

SkyBlue_Bear83

And what's all this about?

"Speaking to Sky Blue Player, Thorn said: "It was one of those games which we seem to be getting each week as I don't know how we didn't score."

To my mind we had that one clear cut chance and that was of Wood's in the first half. Besides that we hardly threatened.
For the whole I would agree but we had a good number of chances in the last 10 mins, I remember Juke going through and the keeper made a good save, Platt poked one wide in the six yard box and Juke had a few headers where he should have at least tested the keeper.

That still isn't good enough and I thought we were pretty awful for 75 mins today, we got exactly what we deserved today. Shows you don't have to be a great side to do well in this league as Hull are now 5th.

Also the Gardner position baffled me, we finally have what looks like a goalscoring midfielder and it takes us two games to stop him attacking and limit his creative instincts. Done a similar thing to Van Aanholt a few seasons ago, we seem to hinder a players development rather than improve it.
Made much more sense to play Thomas holding as that is what he seems more comfortable doing. Looked better when Gael came on and Baker went to the tip, Sheff was piss poor again for the majority of the game.

Otis

I recall Juke's headers for sure. Poor efforts to be honest. The chance through on the keeper was on 77 mins. Would say that was a half-chance to be fair. He wasn't directly on goal.

Missed Platt's one. I couldn't stomach anymore at that point and had left. Do think it's wrong AT saying he didn't know why we didn't score though. Had we had 3 or 4 which were brilliantly saved or hit the woodwork I would be inclined to agree.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Think is, he insists on playing the diamond, yet today we had Gardner (naturally an attacking midfielder) playing too deep / CM, Baker in CM (although im not sure what his actual position is, but he's never a CM), Thomas who has looked better at the tip of the diamond in CM, and Sheffers, who offered very little, in the tip of the diamond position!
Id have played Bigi instead of one of them. Atleast he offers us something defensively.

Nonleagueherewecome

Think is, he insists on playing the diamond, yet today we had Gardner (naturally an attacking midfielder) playing too deep / CM, Baker in CM (although im not sure what his actual position is, but he's never a CM), Thomas who has looked better at the tip of the diamond in CM, and Sheffers, who offered very little, in the tip of the diamond position!
Id have played Bigi instead of one of them. Atleast he offers us something defensively.

Think I'd have Gael over any of them on today's showing! He was much brighter than the lot, although Baker was the best of the rest (and he was inconsistent). The collective midfield performance makes one realise that;
1) Sammy isn't that bad.
2) There's a reason David Bell gets games. He can at least pass to a man in Sky Blue. The rest seem to be colour-blind.

ICHAN

Just think he has lost it tactically and is just clutching at straws and hoping something will happen.
They have had all week to get some fight into them after (think it was bell) saying we need to start fighting and showing more spirit etc well obviously that did not happen.
Are we now just playing so defencively minded due to fear of losing and hoping for a point or scrape a win that they have forgot how to play attacking footbal and have become/ trained to be over cautious?
Just think it has gone on to long now and a change has to happen, someone on here may have been otis is not even frustrated any more when we lose and I bet he is not the only one and that is such a shame.
We can blame sisu all we want but there are just as many serious problems with team motivation,commitment,spirit etc etc, this is down to the manager not sisu, the players as some may say are not good enough, weak squad etc, OK fine I can accept that but ffs that is no excuse for a lack of attacking football, lack of fight, lack of commitment and pride.
We may lose every match from now until the end of the season, it is the style in which we are losing that is my biggest bug bear, if we lost every match but on the pitch we had a go and showed a sign of ambition and determination and fight fair enough but at least the players gave there all.
However if the team showed some attacking football and some desire I would say we would start picking up some points because teams now know that we play one way and one way only and that is defensive, lack of desire and tactics and they know we are a team with no backbone and an easy 3 points.

georgehudson

this thread should have started 'kd-he must go now...'
he, during his albeit brief, but too long, tenure, has merely exhibited a dreadful and catastrophic show of utter mis-management,
& if there are sisu types reading this forum, then,
GET SHOT OF THIS MAN, NOW !!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think I'd have Gael over any of them on today's showing! He was much brighter than the lot, although Baker was the best of the rest (and he was inconsistent). The collective midfield performance makes one realise that;
1) Sammy isn't that bad.
2) There's a reason David Bell gets games. He can at least pass to a man in Sky Blue. The rest seem to be colour-blind.
Thought Baker played much better when he was moved to the tip, far better than Mcsheff who souldn't be anywhere near the side currently.
Baker and Gael seem to have a pretty good understanding when playing together.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yep, Sheff was crap, I've had enough of him now. 1 good game in 15 doesn't make you inconsistent...it just makes you shit. Gael was a breath of fresh air when he came on.

Thought we missed Hussey tremendously, and Wood's headed clearance for the goal was pathetic.

But as far as the manager goes, I'd say it's impossible to make a judgement based on today. With Ken the twat in the dressing room and on the bench, you can forget any possibility of a manager and players being able to do their job. It must have felt like a funeral in there, which is oddly apt goven that today felt more like the death of our club than any day in a long time.

:blue::blue::blue:

Covstu

he got it all wrong again yesterday, Gardner in the wrong position and not ever looking like scoring when we went one nil down. We just sit back and play nice football which is unproductive and will (sorry has) got us relegated

skybluesteve76

I don't know AT as a bloke so can't comment on that. All I care about is whether the manager is upto the job and getting the best out of the players, he isn't, on both counts. He could be the nicest man ever, helping old ladies across the road and feeding stray cats on a regular Basis, but Does that make him a good manager and motivator?

coop

AT and Harrison need to go now tactics are poor no idea how to get a team playing attacking football.Playing players in wrong position Gardner for one.Allowing Eastwood to get away with getting paid all season and he. isn't even fit.Sisu need to go as well ccfc have turned into a laughing stock having tango man on the bench is the last straw.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I have never seen a CCFC team play with less passion - thats nothing to do with owners and money. That is down to the desire and professionalism of the players and the ability of the manager to get the team going. I really do not like chopping and changing managers, it does not help most times, but I do not think he has what it takes. Yes he has been starved of funds but he knew that would happen from the start. Yes he has lost some good players but having seen most of the Championship teams this season the division isnt exactly blessed with good teams now is it, we could at least have been competitive. I have watched many different games to AT because when he sums it up i often have to pinch myself to check had i actually been there. I was prepared to give him a chance but have always doubted the hero worship based on last season's results under AT - i have never been confident in his ability to manage. He got my support because he his part of the "team" that I support. His style of play - safe and generally unadventurous in our own half has drained the passion from our play and now the fans. Enough I do not believe he has what it takes to bring any success to CCFC - he has to go

Grendel

Yes. Bobby Gould! He's Coventry born and bred, played for us, managed us and has said he would do the job for nothing! Get him in!

I never thought I would say this but if I was presented with the option of Gould or Thorn I would stick with Thorn. I guess that says it all. I refused to go to the last few matches of his last disastrous tenure at the club it was that bad. Other than season one first time round he was a disaster and he is so deluded he makes Ken look rational and composed.

ccfc2011

Sack thorn

coop

Gould is not the answer been out of the day to day running of a club for to long.Thorn needs to go as I think he is showing he is clueless with keep playing this diamond formation that clearly isn't working.He will take us down never to return.

Otis

The middle aged fat bald king is dead, long live the slightly younger, not quite as fat bald king.

Jim

We really must be careful that we identify what are the causes of the problems at CCFC and what are merely symptoms.

I would compare CCFC to a cancer patient.

There are some terrible symptoms - disallusioned fans, inexperienced manager, weak team etc.. However these are still only symptoms and treating them only will not get us anywhere other than short term minor benefit.

We must treat the cause, the cancer, in this club. And that is SISU and their boards at CCFC. Like cancer treatment it may be painful and difficult to go through and for a while the club may feel worse but if the result is a cure ie SISU gone and credible backers with half a clue in then the result will be worth it.

The symptoms will then gradually disappear. Better players, better manager (or thorn able to purchase) and a refreshed relationship with the fans.

Let's face facts people. This season is gone and we are pretty much relegated. We need to concentrate on the bigger long term picture and that is the health of the club as a whole.

Play up sky blues.

SISU OUT!

Grendel

To use your rather strange analogy some things are incurable and will only go of their own accord. To remedy an ailment in the mean-time you need stronger medication to endure the misery, so let's just get rid of Thorn and move on. SISU out chants are all very well but the true owners of the club do not even know were Coventry is or care.
Talking of medical conditions Insomnia is rather unpleasant. Thorn could start a new career. Get a copyright of the DVD of yesterday's match (or 90% of all other matches in this miserable season) and then sell them to the Insomnia Society. Encourage the patient to sit and watch the dross and the condition is cured instantly.

ICHAN

But sisu are not going to leave until they want to leave, you can protest all you want but they will take no notice evn if they know that people are fed up with them that is.
By what I could hear on saturday it was hardly vocal, yet the same bit of the cancer grows, IE on the pitch, which this on it's own will drive more fans away than sisu will.
You may say they are part of the same thing, well in a way they are but try chipping away/eradicating the first hurdle first and that is voice disconcern about the dross being played on a match day and get your voices heard one step at a time.
At least you can have an effect at what is happening on the pitch because to think a little bit of protesting will bother sisu is just not going to happen, and it was hardly going around the ground to get sisu out.
To many are looking at the master rather than the underlings who need to be fought first before you can get to the master.
Make it known that what is happening on the pitch is unacceptable and they may take notice because at the moment no voices are loud enough to be heard that the fans unhappy with this, so as far as they are concerned they can do what they want to the club because the fans are and will take it.

ICHAN

Posting at the same time and about the same kind of words kduffy somethings wrong here.;)

Users who are viewing this thread