Haynes needs to start (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

I think Haynes has had a good rest now and it is Stokes who looks tired. If we can bring Reda in at left centre back, then it would work bringing Haynes in to push on as Reda naturally pulls to the left channel anyway. Willis as a natural centre back could also tuck in when Haynes gets forward and JOB has the discipline to track back and help Willis when needed. I really think Haynes needs to be told to attack and nullify the opposition right winger by pinning them back. SP ruined Haynes natural attacking instinct. Hopefully Mowbray can get it back

Sbarcher

I have to say that based on last night's performance (albeit not very long), the lad seemed to totally lack confidence. He touched the ball twice and f***ed it up big time on both occassions. Stick him back in the U-21s for th rest of the season and have another look in August.

Speedies_Chips

The lad is nowhere near ready, physically or mentally. People have got carried away by the fact he whipped a couple of crosses in against Gillingham in the first match back at the Ricoh.

Bringing him on for JOB was a strange substition because he isn't a midfield player anyway. I know JOB can give the ball away a bit but he was always far more likely to make something happen than Haynes was. Any threat we had ended at that point as the lad hasn't got it in him to change the game.

Don't mean to sound harsh on him, but I'd be more inclined to bring him on when we are winning than when we are losing.

KersleyDigs

The point is Haynes should have been put on for Stokes to attack from full back and overload them. We were losing afterall!

matesx

I dont rate the lad.

happy to be proved wrong though

Hobo

Johnson is crap at centre back...he will come in at full back

Jackoskyblue

Stokes should stay there imo with Haynes replacing Him when tiring. I think with a decent pre season under his belt stokes could be a solid player for us next year and Haynes should be loaned out to league 2 to get beefed up a bit. He's got the ability but I think physically and mentally he is lacking at the moment, Haynes that is.

Terry Gibson's perm

Stokes should stay there imo with Haynes replacing Him when tiring. I think with a decent pre season under his belt stokes could be a solid player for us next year and Haynes should be loaned out to league 2 to get beefed up a bit. He's got the ability but I think physically and mentally he is lacking at the moment, Haynes that is.

Loaned out to league 2 we could be in it!

stupot07

It's amazing how 1 decent 45 minutes can make a career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LJC_CCFC

Phillips is the real fullback prospect at the club, Haynes was arguably introduced too quickly into first team football by Pressley. The last time he played, beat his man and played a left footed cross was in September.

ajsccfc

I'd have rather kept Philips in than put Willis at rightback, he seems like a square peg in a round hole out wide.

Terry Gibson's perm

I agree with Phillips I would go for the following

Phillips Willis Pennington Johnson if the last one can ever get fit.

Jay88

The lad is nowhere near ready, physically or mentally. People have got carried away by the fact he whipped a couple of crosses in against Gillingham in the first match back at the Ricoh.

Bringing him on for JOB was a strange substition because he isn't a midfield player anyway. I know JOB can give the ball away a bit but he was always far more likely to make something happen than Haynes was. Any threat we had ended at that point as the lad hasn't got it in him to change the game.

Don't mean to sound harsh on him, but I'd be more inclined to bring him on when we are winning than when we are losing.

Totally agree with all of this. Hasn't took a player on since Gillingham. Too easy to read, always going on the outside. Poor defensively. For me, Stokes is currently a long way above Haynes and isn't scared to push forward and take a man on.

I thought the sub was strange too and also too late in the match. My first sub would have been Turgott for Odelusi after about 65 minutes as he looked nackered. At 0-1 when the sub was actually made i would have been a bit more positive and took one of the defenders off for Turgott.

Users who are viewing this thread