Haven't we usually got a few in by now? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

are you still here ? Such a nice person, so glad you only have any relevance in your own mind

At least I can read

slowpoke

No need, we will be doing our competing on the pitch.
I know they have parachute money but they also have premier wages to pay to twenty odd players. I’m not sure their garden is as rosey as some think and they still need a manager we have one, a good one.

SlowerThanPlatt

No need, we will be doing our competing on the pitch.
I know they have parachute money but they also have premier wages to pay to twenty odd players. I’m not sure their garden is as rosey as some think and they still need a manager we have one, a good one.
They will sell the goalkeeper and Pereira for £40m combined

slowpoke

They might and pay their contracts up that will suck a chunk out of the £40 million and that will be all of two players off their premier wage bill.

SlowerThanPlatt

They might and pay their contracts up that will suck a chunk out of the £40 million and that will be all of two players off their premier wage bill.

Do you have to pay up the contract of a player leaving for a fee? That doesn’t sound right to me, if the contract was terminated then yeah.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Why would they want to pay up contracts? Most of their main players are ones that they'll look to keep in order to try and achieve promotion this season.

Equally, all players will have relegation clauses inserted into their contracts in order to mitigate the fallout from dropping into the Championship. They've also managed to move Charlie Austin on after his deal concluded, who was probably one of their higher earners, if not their highest earner. A few other players have been let go as well.

Combine that with parachute payments and the fees they're likely to receive from Johnstone and Pereira then they're really not in that bad shape for this season.

Last edited:

larry_david

We are usually planning two transfer windows in advance if you believe badlan so we'll have our targets and the second our survival was confirmed you'd assume we'd be pressing the buttons on that.

Question is do they want to join

Big_Ben

Weren't we under an embargo until the accounts were submitted? Now that they have gone in we might see some movement on the transfer front.

Brighton Sky Blue

Do you have to pay up the contract of a player leaving for a fee? That doesn’t sound right to me, if the contract was terminated then yeah.

Some players will have loyalty bonuses that mean they get extra cash if they don't make a transfer request when they get signed

Sky Blue Pete

Clubs are still not sure what capacity will be for the start of the season, as stage 4 of lockdown may have implications on crowd sizes. Budgeting is difficult again this summer.
Budget based on average of 17000 crowd so that’s what they’ll be basing budget on

Hobo

We are usually planning two transfer windows in advance if you believe badlan so we'll have our targets and the second our survival was confirmed you'd assume we'd be pressing the buttons on that.

Question is do they want to join

We are at a level now where to advance our targets will have more options..

Players we are interested in may have several clubs/options to weigh up. This takes time and it can be a bit like moving house when you are in a chain.

Also if you are eyeing up Prem loans you may have to wait post Euros and pre season before Prem teams sort their squads out. If you are going for high end non first teamers they are waiting for the will I get a chance or not indication? Or plan B no go out on loan?

Any team can snap up the the freebies now - doesnt mean they will be any good? I think for that extra bit of quality we may have to wait.

Frostie

He’ll fit in well then 😉

giphy.gif

slowpoke

Sorry, I don’t understand what point you’re making here. Blackburn and Stoke will be paying higher wages than us regardless of debt.
Will they ? I wouldn’t bet on that not for new contracts anyway. I’m not privy to our wage bill but these clubs with massive losses and huge debts and let’s remember they are for 2019/20 season not last year which must be frightening.

SlowerThanPlatt

Will they ? I wouldn’t bet on that not for new contracts anyway. I’m not privy to our wage bill but these clubs with massive losses and huge debts and let’s remember they are for 2019/20 season not last year which must be frightening.

Yes I am very sure Blackburn and Stoke can offer players more money

Users who are viewing this thread