Haven't we usually got a few in by now? (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

I certainly remember summer 2017 there was a signing a week from mid May.

2018 also bar the long winded Chaplin saga

2019 I'm pretty sure we had Dabo and Fadz in early doors.

I'm not panicking, and I know the football landscape is completely different this summer, but I'm starting to feel that its a bit too quiet from the club and not like MR. He likes to get them early as we all know.

Weve not even heard of any outgoings (bar the released lot)

Any of our actual insiders like @better days or @Mr Panda heard anything at all?

better days

I certainly remember summer 2017 there was a signing a week from mid May.

2018 also bar the long winded Chaplin saga

2019 I'm pretty sure we had Dabo and Fadz in early doors.

I'm not panicking, and I know the football landscape is completely different this summer, but I'm starting to feel that its a bit too quiet from the club and not like MR. He likes to get them early as we all know.

Weve not even heard of any outgoings (bar the released lot)

Any of our actual insiders like @better days or @Mr Panda heard anything at all?
As you say this is a season unlike any other
You probably noticed that a lot of our current players' contracts were quietly extended last year but were only announced at the same time at the end of the season
It's more than possible that talks with players to come in are at advanced stages or maybe even agreed
But with our playing staff on furlough it's likely that any new contracts will start in July when we start pre-season and the club have to start paying wages again

KenilworthSkyBlue

The marketplace in the Championship is more competitive than ever now that everyone is effectively fishing from the same pool.

It's not going to be an easy window for Robins. We were able to bring in players relatively quickly in League One as we were an attractive club to join.

Given our budgetary constraints we're now far less of an attractive proposition which means we're more likely to miss out on our Plan A and potentially even Plan B targets. So, to state the obvious it's going to take longer to bring players in.

Also there will be a slight dip in the market in terms of the willingness of clubs to offer significant wages. So, free agents especially may want to hold out for the best possible deal.

Players/management may of course still be on holiday so there's that too.

I suspect we're probably relatively close to signing a couple though so we shouldn't be too concerned.

Last edited:

slowpoke

Well I don’t think we are unattractive prospect. All clubs outside the prem are pissing in the same pot as us we don’t know if our budget are lower than others and if it is it doesn’t matter it’s all about MR strengthening in the right areas and getting them to gel and play, he’ll do that.

MAFF

i know it's still early and i know I'm just paranoid but i'm gonna say it anyway...the silence on transfers so far reminds me of the 16/17 pre season.....

skybluesam66

i know it's still early and i know I'm just paranoid but i'm gonna say it anyway...the silence on transfers so far reminds me of the 16/17 pre season.....
1 week after the play offs finished and please remind me of all of the other signings in our division

Reactions: TTG

Evo1883

I can only think of Huddersfield who have started making signings a plenty .

If in 2 weeks we've done nothing I will start to get a bit worried

skybluesam66

Just a small thing missing, money.
Net debt per accounts was around £25m
Blackburn Rovers £150m
Stoke City £170m
And if you are telling me that real estate in Blackburn or Stoke is worth anything more than £25m for a Football ground
so yes we dont have a pot to piss in, but then who does ?

Tommo1993

Really don’t understand the lack of patience. Window not even open yet and some people make it sound like we’re the only team to have not signed anyone yet. Chill.

SlowerThanPlatt

Well I don’t think we are unattractive prospect. All clubs outside the prem are pissing in the same pot as us we don’t know if our budget are lower than others and if it is it doesn’t matter it’s all about MR strengthening in the right areas and getting them to gel and play, he’ll do that.

What? All clubs outside the Premier League aren’t in the same pot, Coventry and WBA won’t be targeting the same players.

Saddlebrains

Not sure why people are shitting themselves already.

For me its just out of the ordinary for Robins is all. We all know, and hes made public many a time his preference for doing business early doors to integrate the players.

Not once since he rejoined have we gone heading into mid June since MR returned, without a signing.

Thats all im saying, I'm not panicking just find it strange

SlowerThanPlatt

Blackburn Rovers £150m
Stoke City £170m
And if you are telling me that real estate in Blackburn or Stoke is worth anything more than £25m for a Football ground

Sorry, I don’t understand what point you’re making here. Blackburn and Stoke will be paying higher wages than us regardless of debt.

lifeskyblue

I think waiting a bit longer this close season without signing players might be an advantage. There will be plenty of players on offer and the price may drop. The skill will be in picking the right moment: too early and price/wages will be high; too late and somebody else will have bagged them.
We should be an attractive bet with premier league loans as we have a reasonable record in developing players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
For me its just out of the ordinary for Robins is all. We all know, and hes made public many a time his preference for doing business early doors to integrate the players.

Not once since he rejoined have we gone heading into mid June since MR returned, without a signing.

Grendel

Blackburn Rovers £150m
Stoke City £170m

Stoke lost £18 million in reality the rest was amortisation of player values.

They have already pumped in interest free loans and the only concern in the accounts is to be able to sign Premier league players to challenge promotion

You are clueless

Jesse Carver

Aren't they still on holiday for another few weeks? Wouldn't be able to integrate new signings without the rest of the squad being there.

fatso

A lot of players will be under contract till 30th June, so I wouldn't expect much to happen before then.
Also loans wont be released until just before the new season starts, even if they've already been agreed. So keep calm peeps, and enjoy watching England make a fuck up of the Euros.

Skyblue_CP

The season was on hold and we didnt know we were even promoted last year until June 9th so we still signed Hamer quicker than what we have done so far this window.

skybluesam66

Stoke lost £18 million in reality the rest was amortisation of player values.

They have already pumped in interest free loans and the only concern in the accounts is to be able to sign Premier league players to challenge promotion

You are clueless
are you still here ? Such a nice person, so glad you only have any relevance in your own mind

Reactions: vow

mark82

Ah fair shout, i was getting Fadz confused, he was early doors but the season before

McFadzean was 9th May the year before. There were a couple in May, most in June. I wouldn't worry at the moment. Maybe there could be something on Wednesday when the window opens (no info by the way). Hamer was done quite a while before it was announced last year though so could be that some are done/close but waiting for window to open to announce, or for people to be available for photo shoots.

Users who are viewing this thread