Have we signed (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

Anyone yet , or are we waiting to see what dregs are left that other clubs don't want before the season starts ?

Macca

I think it is unreasonable to expect the cream of the crop to charge to Coventry so yes we will have to wait then make some smart choices from what's left

chinamans view

My Guess is that TM has missed out on several of his intended targets, and has found it a lot harder to sign players for us than he thought, but I think we will still be ok by AUG. anyway.

skybluedan

Just like them last few chips that are stuck to the grease proof paper , but as I say sometimes one of them chips is the best out the bag ,soaked in vinegar and salt and still warm because it's had the rest of the chips sitting on it
morale is sometimes dregs are good

Samo

My Guess is that TM has missed out on several of his intended targets, and has found it a lot harder to sign players for us than he thought, but I think we will still be ok by AUG. anyway.

This was my thinking. He will only get so far on name and reputation but when you only have poor wages and L1 footy to offer...

rupert_bear

Don't see that much evidence of that many signings anywhere, plenty of rumours and speculation but that's about it

chiefdave

Mowbray was pretty clear about what his approach would be when talking to the CT and I see nothing to indicate anything has changed.

He said he was happy with his budget and would identify roles that needed filling rather than individuals. Once that was established they would look for players to fill that role rather than get hung up on one particular player or paying over the odds.

His opinion seems to be that there are more players available than teams need so missing out on a particular player ins't really a big problem, better to wait and get someone on the terms that work for the budget.

afan4life

Signings,New Kit and stadium update all coming Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:laugh:
just take our word for it and buy a season ticket

have we every let you down before?

:sarcasm:

simonregis

How do people know he hasn't pre-signed anyone? The majority of players' contract end June 30th so there is a 50/50 chance he already has people ready to come through the door July 1st. Every single comment about signing is 50/50 so instead of putting a negative brand on it, I'm putting a positive one. TM is an experienced manager yet people are acting like he is sitting behind his desk playing football manager rather than on the phone to every player out of contract or their agent. I would bet anyone, come August we will have the best balanced team we have had for years.

robbiethemole

Signings,New Kit and stadium update all coming Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:laugh:
just take our word for it and buy a season ticket

have we every let you down before?

:sarcasm:

are you related to RFC by any chance??? :whistle:

oh you can't be, you put sarcasm and he would say fact.......

junglej13

How do people know he hasn't pre-signed anyone? The majority of players' contract end June 30th so there is a 50/50 chance he already has people ready to come through the door July 1st. Every single comment about signing is 50/50 so instead of putting a negative brand on it, I'm putting a positive one. TM is an experienced manager yet people are acting like he is sitting behind his desk playing football manager rather than on the phone to every player out of contract or their agent. I would bet anyone, come August we will have the best balanced team we have had for years.

I have every faith in Mowbray to put together a competitive squad but the one thing I (naively) thought that Sisu may have learnt is they need to capture the fans imagination to sell season tickets. One decent early signing could have really put down a marker and gone some way to showing some supporters they at least have some positive intentions.

Samo

I have every faith in Mowbray to put together a competitive squad but the one thing I (naively) thought that Sisu may have learnt is they need to capture the fans imagination to sell season tickets. One decent early signing could have really put down a marker and gone some way to showing some supporters they at least have some positive intentions.

For all we know SISU may well be asking TM to hurry up and get someone in for that reason.

johnwillomagic

They have put our season tickets at one of the cheapest levels in the country at present,,,,,if you don't
want to buy one don't ......but you probably never intended to in the first place.....all this crap about not got one
because we haven't signed Lionel Messi and got out full squad set up by the end of June is just frankly bullshit!

hill83

They have put our season tickets at one of the cheapest levels in the country at present,,,,,if you don't
want to buy one don't ......but you probably never intended to in the first place.....all this crap about not got one
because we haven't signed Lionel Messi and got out full squad set up by the end of June is just frankly bullshit!

Don't forget we need a handjob and a biscuit on the way into the club shop though. Can't just buy a season ticket for no reason, we need to be wined and dined.

ccfcway

Don't see that much evidence of that many signings anywhere, plenty of rumours and speculation but that's about it

Roughly our league

Darius Charles [Stevenage - Burton] Free
George Green [Everton - Oldham] Free
Paul McCallum [West Ham - Leyton Orient] Free
Joe McNerney [Woking - Crawley] Free
Blair Turgott [Coventry - Leyton Orient] Free
Sam Foley [Yeovil Town - Port Vale] Free
Simon Walton [Stevenage - Crawley] Free
Jimmy Ryan [Chesterfield - Fleetwood] Free
Rob Milsom [Rotherham - Notts County] Free
Matt Tootle [Crewe - Shrewsbury] Free
Calum Butcher [Dundee United - Burton] Free
Bradley Garmston [West Brom - Gillingham] Free
Sam Kelly [Norwich - Port Vale] Free
Clark Robertson [Aberdeen - Blackpool] Free
Remie Streete [Newcastle - Port Vale] Free
Ben Williamson [Port Vale - Gillingham] Free
Joe Gormley [Cliftonville - Peterborough] Undisclosed
Kyle Letheren [Dundee - Blackpool] Free
Darren McKnight [unattached - Shrewsbury]
Craig Morgan [Rotherham - Wigan] Free
Brett Williams [Aldershot - Stevenage] Free
Scott Laird [Preston - Scunthorpe] Free
Brad Potts [Carlisle - Blackpool] Undisclosed
Shaun Whalley [Luton - Shrewsbury] Free
Charlie Goode [Hendon - Scunthorpe] Free
Sean Clohessy [Colchester - Leyton Orient] Free
Sammy Moore [AFC Wimbledon - Leyton Orient] Free
Tom Pope [Port Vale - Bury] Free
Lewis Alessandra [Plymouth - Rochdale] Free
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake [Preston - Chesterfield] Free
Shaun Whalley [Luton - Shrewsbury] Free
Callum Reilly [Birmingham - Burton] Free
Richard Brindley [Rotherham - Colchester] Free
Leon Clarke [Wolves - Bury] Free
Jim McNulty [Bury - Rochdale] Free
Rhys Sharpe [Derby - Notts County] Free
Peter Clarke [Blackpool - Bury] Free
Abu Ogogo [Dagenham - Shrewsbury] Free
Jack Collison [Ipswich - Peterborough] Free
Scott Wiseman [Preston - Scunthorpe] Free
Scot Bennett [Exeter - Notts County] Free
Mark Hughes [Morecambe - Stevenage] Free
Martin Woods [Ross County - Shrewsbury] Free
Ryan Jackson [Newport - Gillingham] Free
Jack King [Preston - Scunthorpe] Free
Eddie Dsane [Preston - Fleetwood] Free
Richard O'Donnell [Walsall - Wigan] Free
Vamara Sanogo [unattached - Fleetwood]
Amari'i Bell [Birmingham - Fleetwood] Free
Stephen Dawson [Rochdale - Scunthorpe] Free
David Perkins [Blackpool - Wigan] Free
Lee Croft [St Johnstone - Oldham] Free*

Kingokings204

I wouldn't panic tbf. It's quite obvious that current contracts are up 30th June so it's common knowledge the better players especially wait and hold out till the deadline.

They are still being paid so can hold out for an extra few grand here and there like we all would. I would be more encouraged we haven't signed anyone just yet as the players who have moved already are crap let's be honest. Not saying we could get better but be positive.

Same with loan players the better loan players won't be signed till August at least so better players are signed later.

Ian1779

I'd rather this approach of being quiet rather than advertising all our targets in the local press for someone else to come in and steal.

Unless we've got no one of course.

johnwillomagic

Not many players on the list of ones signed that I think oh darn not signed him! and no real money being spent by anyone.
Plenty more free's/loans will pop uo in a week or so's time!

Ashdown

30th June player contracts expire and Early bird ST prices finish.
1st July, back to pre season training ?
11th July first friendly v Nuneaton

There is plenty of time to bring that much needed 7 or 8 new players in.

simonregis

Not many players on the list of ones signed that I think oh darn not signed him! and no real money being spent by anyone.
Plenty more free's/loans will pop uo in a week or so's time!

Let's be honest they are free to sign other clubs because the club they were with don't rate them

Samo

Let's be honest they are free to sign other clubs because the club they were with don't rate them

I wouldn't mind a team of players Chelsea don't rate.

rupert_bear

Won't sleep tonight after studying that list of transferred players we have missed out on. Only heard of about half a dozen

Clive Bleakin

I think TMs plan is to follow Swindon's example and sign young Premier League players. He hinted at as much when mentioning the Tottenham under 21 squad and his links there.

Ok, they are not our players, but if can get into the play offs like Swindon did, or get someone like Alex Pritchard, like Brentford did, I'd be happy with that.

Rather that than resign the likes half hearted Barton and Fun-Time Frankie.

robbiethemole

30th June player contracts expire and Early bird ST prices finish.
1st July, back to pre season training ?
11th July first friendly v Nuneaton

There is plenty of time to bring that much needed 7 or 8 new players in.

7th July, appeal of the appeal of the decision that the loan was legal. If it gets thrown out again, could they fold up and ship out???

Ashdown

7th July, appeal of the appeal of the decision that the loan was legal. If it gets thrown out again, could they fold up and ship out???

Thanks for that auspicious date, I forgot that one. If it meant gaining new wealthy owners I'd happily take administration, a points dock and all the other shit that went with it. Doubt we'll shake the monkey off our back or gain new 'wealthy' owners either though !

rupert_bear

I do wonder how significant a sisu victory would be at this JR to the football side of things, or defeat for that matter

Last edited:

skyblueinBaku

I do wonder how significant a sisu victory would be at this JR to the football side of things, or defeat for that matter

It shouldn't have any effect, Rupert. Didn't TF say that it had nothing to do with the club? :whistle:

Captain Dart

I'd rather this approach of being quiet rather than advertising all our targets in the local press for someone else to come in and steal.

Unless we've got no one of course.

Best to advertise someone you don't want as a rumour to distract other clubs from your intended target ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread