Haskell to press ahead with takeover... (1 Viewer)

LarryGrayson

Well personally I think with any stadium deal seemingly hinging on a prospective buyers ability and willingness to regenerate and develop the land around the Ricoh then a property developer would seem like an appropriate candidate to buy. Probably crazy talk though.....

an so the property developer makes his money off the land so why does he need to bother doin owt with the club once his got it other then cutting costs wage bills everythin else then sellin it on or havin us in a lower position and less buyers at the next admin while his property development makes himt he cash you dont wanna no the answer to that becos i do before i welcom him with open arms

Delboycov

an so the property developer makes his money off the land so why does he need to bother doin owt with the club once his got it other then cutting costs wage bills everythin else then sellin it on or havin us in a lower position and less buyers at the next admin while his property development makes himt he cash you dont wanna no the answer to that becos i do before i welcom him with open arms

I must admit I'm finding it quite difficult to decipher your posts Larry. I think you may have said I don't want to ask questions? As I said previously I do. Happy to clear that up for you.

Macca

I find you really weird. Again, you seem more keen in getting one over names on a message board, but there you go.

Before you start crowing, let's see if anything happens - your hero PWKH himself said he wasn't in the position to go ahead with any takeover - and then let's see what sort of owner he is. There's a long way to go, so the humble pie you're so keen on may have to stay in the oven for a while.

Let it go. It's unlikely that SISU are going to stay. Lets try and be optimistic and positive about new things happening

James Smith

Did you think Joe Dinsah should have bought the club?

I would have thought the last 5 years may have meant most would like to hold any future buyer to scrutiny.

Apparantly not and the fact the picture shows him with Ken Bates already makes me sceptical.

No because he made stuff up, fantastic claims that couldn't be substantiated by facts. :whistle:

Coventry Telegraph said:
"He has said that Peter Reid will go immediately and he would bring in Gerard Houllier," said the chairman.
"I have phoned Houllier who not only denied any intention of coming to Coventry, but felt totally embarrassed that his named had been linked with the job and asked me to get Peter Reid to give him a ring so he could explain that he had no intentions of doing what Dhinsa had said."
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...irman-at-the-end-of-his-tether-name_page.html

covboy1987

Haskel seems quite a shrewd cookie - Half share of the stadium for 4 million when it should be at least 40 million Council will also reducethe figure of 40 million they they want when they sit around the table and see his plans for regenaration- He might get the stadium for a total outlay of around 30-35 million when the stadium is worth probaly around 150 million
The regenaration which is the key factor in all of this is where the real money comes in but there are eurpoean grants to consider that are still on offer
not a bad return if he can pull it off

RegTheDonk

L
My other issue is that Haskell, like SISU, is coming at this with no experience of football business.

He is involved in usa sports so thats a start.

At least as a developer he would see it as a long term project rather than make a quick buck and flog it on sisu type hedge fund.

mark82

Haskel seems quite a shrewd cookie - Half share of the stadium for 4 million when it should be at least 40 million Council will also reducethe figure of 40 million they they want when they sit around the table and see his plans for regenaration- He might get the stadium for a total outlay of around 30-35 million when the stadium is worth probaly around 150 million
The regenaration which is the key factor in all of this is where the real money comes in but there are eurpoean grants to consider that are still on offer

He wouldn't be buying the stadium he would be buying a long term lease on the stadium which is definitely not worth £150 million.

valiant15

Lol,look at torchy kicking and screaming haha. You were wrong all along,your beloved sisu have shafted you you fecking turncoat scab.

James Smith

The only place that 4m & £40m are mentioned apart from on here is the CET and I don't believe those are accurate figures as no one has confirmed them either from the council or the charity. Yes you may say they can't discuss them openly if they are looking at something like that but PWKH said he hadn't heard anything from PH4 so still think the figures are a bit suspect.

RegTheDonk

Also, slate joe and hoff if we must, but they are fans with the club in their best interests rather than sisu puppet fisher. Rather them as chairmen.

mark82

L

He is involved in usa sports so thats a start.

Is he? Which American teams is he involved with? I know his Dad (PH III) is involved with the Jacksonville Jaguars (one of the worst teams in American sport) but wasn't aware PH IV was.

James Smith

Is it true that he is over to sign the deal today for a half share of the stadium with the charity?

PWKH said on here that he hadn't heard anything from PH4 recently - so chances are the answer is no.

coundonskyblue

Not sticking up for Sisu, but attendances were already falling after the initial boost from moving to the Ricoh.

Re: 10k fans in League One....doesn't that say as much about our poor support as it does about sisu's poor stewardship?

Sheff Utd (c18k), Wednesday (c21k), Huddlesfield (c14-16k), forest (c20-28k), Norwich (c24.5k), Southampton (c20-22k), Leeds (c24.8k), Swansea (c13.5k), Leicester(c20k), charlton (c17.5k) and even Portsmouth this season (c12k) have all averaged higher gates than us in the third tier in the last 10 years.

Would you say Norwich had poor support 15 years ago when they used to just average 14k?

When owners engage with fans and treat them with respect then support increases.

kg82

Lol,look at torchy kicking and screaming haha. You were wrong all along,your beloved sisu have shafted you you fecking turncoat scab.

Hope you feel better now with that out of character over the top abusiveness - get it ya system, you must need to...

This is early stages but today would be a good day to create some atmosphere and get behind the team, a Haskell chant might massage is ego a bit too :)

James Smith

Is there any evidence that he's even in the country?

Why is the sisu rentboys fighting this youre kingdom is on its last legs!!! Today the chant has to be "we love you PRESTON we do oh PRESTON we love you.....!!!!!

stupot07

Would you say Norwich had poor support 15 years ago when they used to just average 14k?

When owners engage with fans and treat them with respect then support increases.

You've also got to take into consideration the considerable changes in demographics in Coventry over the last 10 years.

Black6Osprey

Haskell is flying in on his private jet today to watch the game this afternoon mate:)

I wonder what he'll make of our 10k crowd after having a stake in Jacksonville Jaguars who averaged over 60,000.

I'd be tempted to put my cheque book away and head for the nearest exit.

ajsccfc

Surely it'd just be evidence that we're a third tier team in the doldrums which is precisely why we're in a position to be bought out and recovered in the first place? I can't imagine it'd surprise him.

covhead1

I wonder what he'll make of our 10k crowd after having a stake in Jacksonville Jaguars who averaged over 60,000.

I think he's fully aware of the crowds we get at the moment, he also knows the potential this club has.
Add that to the fact that he can buy into the club cheap if he buys now.

Sky Blue Kid

He will also have been shown proof of maximum crowds too (Crewe JPT) So he will now know what can be achieved on a regular basis with investment in playing staff:).
Just a thought like!

Black6Osprey

He will also have been shown proof of maximum crowds too (Crewe JPT) So he will now know what can be achieved on a regular basis with investment in playing staff:).
Just a thought like!

That was all about a cheap ticket for a trip to Wembley.

Sorry but we will never fill this ground unless we are in the Premier and even then it would only be for half the games.

Delboycov

That was all about a cheap ticket for a trip to Wembley.

Sorry but we will never fill this ground unless we are in the Premier and even then it would only be for half the games.

I think the 5000 at MK Dons will tell him all he needs to know about the potential of this club.

Users who are viewing this thread