Haskell to press ahead with takeover... (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

Someone said it earlier...

He may be here for the tennis, Russian connections, and Russia playing Davis cup the weekend he shows his face...

covboy1987

I wonder if he's more interested in the Ricoh and the surrounding area than the club? Time will tell, I guess.

Hope he is as interested in the surrounding area as much as the stadium as i remember seeing plans for the area with hotels and bars along the water front behind the stadium which can only be great news for CCFC as it will bring thousands of extra people in the area some who might get the bug back for the football

Colin1883

Hope he is as interested in the surrounding area as much as the stadium as i remember seeing plans for the area with hotels and bars along the water front behind the stadium which can only be great news for CCFC as it will bring thousands of extra people in the area some who might get the bug back for the football

Waterfront? LOL

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by RichieGunns AMERICAN property tycoon Preston Haskell IV will be back at the Ricoh Arena tomorrow, keen to make his presence felt and press ahead with plans to take over Coventry City and half of the stadium.

The 46-year-old multi-millionaire has confirmed to the Telegraph that he has written to the administrator of CCFC Ltd, Paul Appleton, expressing an interest in acquiring the football club as soon as possible.

Haskell flies in to the UK Saturday morning on his private jet and will make his way straight to the stadium with friends and business associates who are the guests of former vice-chairman Gary Hoffman and suspended life president Joe Elliott, who have been seeking a major investor to take over the club for the last two years.

They are remaining tight-lipped on the stadium except to say “everyone knows it does not make sense to do one without the other” declining to comment on whether an offer has been made for the Higgs Charity’s half of ACL.

Haskell, who will be making his second visit to the Ricoh – having previously been to the Colchester match last month, is also due to meet the Sky Blue Trust, CCFC London Supporters and the Former Players’ Association to demonstrate that he wants to be transparent and involve fans.

The Texan will also be sitting down for an interview with the Telegraph.

Hoffman, who has been working behind the scenes with Elliott to secure new investment for several months, said: “We need owners that can provide stability and, hopefully, success but stability would do for starters!

“We need people that care about the club, the stadium and the City of Coventry. This is the right mixture; local involvement and fans involvement together with a serious investor who is committed to making a positive difference.

“We need straight talking and open communication and Preston and his team have made a good start with the way in which they have communicated with fans’ representatives today.”

Elliott, who would return as chairman if a takeover is successful, said “It has been a terrible period for our beloved Sky Blues. Mistakes have been made through many previous regimes but we have an opportunity here to put all that behind us.”

It is understood that Haskell and his team – who will take in the match against Brentford – are keen to move in as soon as possible in order to set plans out for next season.

However, there are concerns that no-one seems to know what is in CCFC Ltd, not even the administrator who has indicated the need for at least six weeks to get clarity which they believe is too long because that would take them well into the close season.

Although Haskell is a property developer who would, ultimately, look to buy and develop the land adjacent to the stadium which is earmarked for regeneration and leisure use, he is also said to be a keen sports fan who is particularly interested in football.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...2746-33124490/

It's the piece that I've highlighted that worries me.:(

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by torchomatic I wonder if he's more interested in the Ricoh and the surrounding area than the club? Time will tell, I guess.

A hell of a lot of us on the forum have been saying the same about SISU for years, but had sarcasm thrown in our faces by half a dozen posters on here!......Didn't we Torchy!:facepalm:

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchy, Grenduffy, Summerisle and the rest of their crew.......

I spoke about there being a "Lot of egg on faces" if "Hoff" came back with investors...... What does humble pie taste like guys?:guitar2:

Grendel

yes hail sisu!!! Bet this news upsets few fans thinking no one wants to buy us lets face facts no one on here really knows whats going on behind the scenes PUSB!!!!

Why would anyone be upset if its good news?

Why though is it automatically good news.

Some concerns;

The administrator who the council wanted has stated Haskell does not have sufficient funds to buy
He seems to like publicity - look at google images
His net worth is reported at around £160 million - not enough to offer significant investment
Elliot is courting him so is likely to head up a new board.

Plenty 5 years ago were hailing sisu and laughing at the sceptics.

Grendel

I spoke about there being a "Lot of egg on faces" if "Hoff" came back with investors...... What does humble pie taste like guys?:guitar2:

Where does it say Hoffman is involved. Is this the best he can do? A man who made a very public attempt to buy Leeds and was found wanting?

valiant15

I see there's a few a few of the usual sisu rentboys on here defending their gods to the end. If this guy does take over,do us all a favour and take your pro sisu shit elsewhere,in other words-FUCK OFF.

CCFCSteve

I don't think there should be any talk of humble pie etc until something's done. The right things are being said, however, the ongoing uncertainty in relation to where the assets and liabilities lie is a concern.

I hope after all of this the football league pull their finger out and ensure they know a little more about the owners and ownership of clubs. All this talk of fit and proper appears to be (and has proven to be over the years) just lip service !!!

WillieStanley

How can there be humble pie if your predicted scenario was only an "if". Also, people have only speculated that there would be no one interested. This is still very early doors. The only potential investors that have gone further than this stage in recent times have been SISU. The pie is still in the oven, and whether it's humble or not remains to be seen.

LarryGrayson

I see there's a few a few of the usual sisu rentboys on here defending their gods to the end. If this guy does take over,do us all a favour and take your pro sisu shit elsewhere,in other words-FUCK OFF.

who the hell is defending sisu in sayin this bloke mite not be the real deal lol

Grendel

who the hell is defending sisu in sayin this bloke mite not be the real deal lol

Precisely. Perhaps Elliot can now be joe Elliot the fourth. Must be about the 4th time his crawled into the board. Lets hope it's better than the other three.

LarryGrayson

Some concerns;

The administrator who the council wanted has stated Haskell does not have sufficient funds to buy
His net worth is reported at around £160 million - not enough to offer significant investment

read ya posts mate dont allus agree lol but this is bang on

WillieStanley

I don't think there should be any talk of humble pie etc until something's done. The right things are being said, however, the ongoing uncertainty in relation to where the assets and liabilities lie is a concern.

I hope after all of this the football league pull their finger out and ensure they know a little more about the owners and ownership of clubs. All this talk of fit and proper appears to be (and has proven to be over the years) just lip service !!!

The trouble with fit and proper persons legislation is that it only applies to those who own more than a 10% stake in a club. No one owns 10% of CCFC and there was the same issue at Leeds. Until they broaden the criteria for having to undergo F&PP, stuff like this will always happen.

valiant15

The usual dickheads,torchy,sbt,Willie Stanley etc. People like me have had enough of the sisu rentboys. Ive wanted them out for the last 4 years,there's nobody out there though is there you wankers.

stupot07

The trouble with fit and proper persons legislation is that it only applies to those who own more than a 10% stake in a club. No one owns 10% of CCFC and there was the same issue at Leeds. Until they broaden the criteria for having to undergo F&PP, stuff like this will always happen.

I read an interview in the paper from Neil Warnock talking about rumours of managers that may take over. He basically said Leeds haven't got a pot to piss in and couldn't afford the names being banded about.

Sky Blue Kid

Hoffman, who has been working behind the scenes with Elliott to secure new investment for several months, said: “We need owners that can provide stability and, hopefully, success but stability would do for starters!

“We need people that care about the club, the stadium and the City of Coventry. This is the right mixture; local involvement and fans involvement together with a serious investor who is committed to making a positive difference.

“We need straight talking and open communication and Preston and his team have made a good start with the way in which they have communicated with fans’ representatives today.”

There you go you lazy twat, or are you now going to deny Hoffman has anything to do with it!

Brighton Sky Blue

Some concerns;

Indeed-the administrator has to sell to the most worthy buyer. Haskell may or may not be that, but if he ends up getting control you'd have to assume he does indeed have the funds.

Spencer

Indeed-the administrator has to sell to the most worthy buyer. Haskell may or may not be that, but if he ends up getting control you'd have to assume he does indeed have the funds.

Is that correct? I'm not saying it isn't but I thought his obligation was to achieve the best deal for the creditors?

And, in any case, if the most worthy buyer is Haskell it doesn't mean it's a good deal for ccfc.

stupot07

Stupot,another sisu rentboy,what you going to do when they've gone? Cry?

You going today? Or did you stop 4 year ago when you started wanting Sisu out?

And what wills your expectations after a take over? Premier league in 3 years? Hefty investment in the playing squad? Will you be happy for PH4 to reduce costs to make us sustainable and break even?

Last edited:

Grendel

There you go you lazy twat, or are you now going to deny Hoffman has anything to do with it!

Nowhere does it say Hoffman introduced him.

Mucca Mad Boys

The usual dickheads,torchy,sbt,Willie Stanley etc. People like me have had enough of the sisu rentboys. Ive wanted them out for the last 4 years,there's nobody out there though is there you wankers.

People are just sceptical he might end up to be worse than SISU, or, not much better.

As always, your eloquent posts are appreciated.

Grendel

you seem lick the type of bloke id lick to have down my local pub for the crack lol such a nice sounding bloke lol just so happy an nice the only people givin out insults ere are the licks of you lol

Careful your soon on you way to being a sisu rent boy.

valiant15

Just sticking up for what I've been saying for years. Sisu are scum and the idiots that have defended them are worse.

skyblu3sk

You going today? Or did you stop 4 year ago when you started wanting Sisu out?

And what wills your expectations after a take over? Premier league in 3 years? Hefty investment in the playing squad? Will you be happy for PH4 to reduce costs to make us sustainable and break even?

Happy to break even as long as revinue is increased to a competitive level.

Users who are viewing this thread