Has the Sky Blue Trust (finally) disbanded? (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Ah, I see what you mean. Any supporter group can register with FSF I believe.

Each club only has one supporters trust recognised by Supporters Direct (now Football Supporters Association). With the recognition comes support networks and doors opened around fan representation and ultimately ownership

The set up and point of them is generally to try and get some level of fan ownership after a financial crisis at the club. The sort we went through before Sisu came in (when I believe the Trust was originally set up), and the sort we went through when Seppala was threatening to wind the club up if her demands weren’t met (when it was resurrected).

As it did last time the club wasn’t in existential crisis, I’d expect it to wither on the vine until it’s back in existential crisis (hopefully never).

As for the rather sad trolling attempts, all I’ll say if more than one person is involved with the Trust and almost all have identical experiences dealing with the club.

I’ll also treat insults thrown around by people who have been too scared to get off the sidelines with all the respect they deserve.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Each club only has one supporters trust recognised by Supporters Direct (now Football Supporters Association). With the recognition comes support networks and doors opened around fan representation and ultimately ownership

The set up and point of them is generally to try and get some level of fan ownership after a financial crisis at the club. The sort we went through before Sisu came in (when I believe the Trust was originally set up), and the sort we went through when Seppala was threatening to wind the club up if her demands weren’t met (when it was resurrected).

As it did last time the club wasn’t in existential crisis, I’d expect it to wither on the vine until it’s back in existential crisis (hopefully never).

As for the rather sad trolling attempts, all I’ll say if more than one person is involved with the Trust and almost all have identical experiences dealing with the club.

I’ll also treat insults thrown around by people who have been too scared to get off the sidelines with all the respect they deserve.
It can become self perpetuating though. Never forget a person at my church who thought she was a prophet. She would say the most outrageous things and claim it was god. Proof would be in how much people didn’t like her. Mmmmm

shmmeee

It can become self perpetuating though. Never forget a person at my church who thought she was a prophet. She would say the most outrageous things and claim it was god. Proof would be in how much people didn’t like her. Mmmmm

It is on both sides. Each angry at a cartoon they made up in their head. Everyone needs to be able to move past. No one gets that worked up if they don’t love the club. Start from there.

mark82

Might have been how it was in the past when it was SD, but clubs can have more than one affiliate member of the FSA. As long as they have a democratic structure and constitution they can affiliate and all have the same standing. Many clubs have multiple affiliates. Can also have associate members which are non-democratic organisations. The CCFC London Supporters Club are an associate member. Theoretically we could register this community as an associate member.

chiefdave

I thought they hired some people from job websites who had probably never even seen us play?
I remember trying to google the new appointments on the board and couldn't find any indication that they posted about CCFC on social media or anything like that. Obviously not conclusive but you'd expect people who are bothered enough about the club to join the board of the trust to have some kind of digital footprint relating to the team they support.

NorthernWisdom

I remember trying to google the new appointments on the board and couldn't find any indication that they posted about CCFC on social media or anything like that. Obviously not conclusive but you'd expect people who are bothered enough about the club to join the board of the trust to have some kind of digital footprint relating to the team they support.
tbf, you'd only find me posting under unfunny pseudonyms.

Fergusons_Beard

What Pete didn’t see from the trust people was the lengths they went to shut down the debate and the dissenting voices.

Myself and Grendel have had massive attacks on our personal lives by these people because we disagreed, dared to push back and challenge them.

In my case going so far as finding out where I worked and trying to get me sacked-just for the crime of supporting my club.

Maybe if Pete and Mark knew about the things going on behind the scenes they’d be in a better place to make informed opinions on folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick

Administrator
What Pete didn’t see from the trust people was the lengths they went to shut down the debate and the dissenting voices.

Myself and Grendel have had massive attacks on our personal lives by these people because we disagreed, dared to push back and challenge them.

In my case going so far as finding out where I worked and trying to get me sacked-just for the crime of supporting my club.

Maybe if Pete and Mark knew about the things going on behind the scenes they’d be in a better place to make informed opinions on folks.

Yep, that shouldn't be forgotten either.

Add me into your list ;)

Sky Blue Pete

Makes me sad. I’m sorry both

Frostie

Grace McKenna seems to have tweeted occasionally about us over the past year but never before.

Geoffrey Gulzar is a Leicester fan...

Liquid Gold

I'd forgotten about that. I got a 'we know you are chiefdave' message from an anonymous CCFC account on Facebook. Not like I exactly hide it so wouldn't have taken much working out.
He tried to put my details on an account on twitter that he had locked so only about 25 follows could see it.

I wouldn't have been aware of it if Grendel hadn't warned me.

Nick

Administrator
It's naive to think they aren't involved still, the same as Roger Ellis.

Just different names on the board, still the same people pulling the strings.

Sky Blue Pete

Don’t know whether I should consider myself lucky or unlucky that I’ve not been attacked on social media or in person

Grendel

It's naive to think they aren't involved still, the same as Roger Ellis.

Just different names on the board, still the same people pulling the strings.

Classic was that whataboutery from CJ when asked if Ellis was the guy from Rochdale 😂

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah, he knew full well. Same with all the troll accounts.

Lost count how many times it was pointed out to him.
But if your group tells you you need to think a certain way it takes balls to disagree with everyone else. Ask me about Burge and Grendel about everything else lol

usskyblue

Self serving core of shandy top drinkers with no interest in engaging a wide range of opinions outside of their own.

How are we getting on with the online membership and voting suggestion we made years ago?

Liquid Gold

I emailed them asking if someone has to be on the board of an individual club's trust to be on the FSA board and they replied to me with a massive email about how the sky blue trust is officially recognised. I didn't even mention the club.

mark82

I've been on the end of Kalns in the past too, maybe not to the level of others. The guy is toxic but he's gone from the Trust now.

Users who are viewing this thread