Has the Sky Blue Trust (finally) disbanded? (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Not a peep from them today, not even commenting or retweeting anything & pretty much nothing all year from them save some occasional retweeting.

Their last real 'action' was to send that survey out back in November. Nearly 4 months later & they've not even discussed the results of it. Probably because it was so scathing I'd imagine.

shepardo01

It's not on their agenda for the current owners to be back playing at the Ricoh.
Despite what they may say, they'll not be happy about this.
They wanted/want the club distressed to put pressure on the owners to go. A very poorly thought out plan.
They would have happily seen the club go tothe wall if it meant the owners going. They could have then had their little dream of a Phoenix club playing at the Ricoh with their mates Wasps, but in the Midland Alliance amongst the likes of Sphinx and Cov United.

They'll be spitting feathers and it wouldnt surprise me if they are meeting with their council influences as we speak to see what they could do.

Yes, I'm a bitter cynic, but that is what those two parties have led me to be over the years!!

ccfcmad1

It's not on their agenda for the current owners to be back playing at the Ricoh.
Despite what they may say, they'll not be happy about this.
They wanted/want the club distressed to put pressure on the owners to go. A very poorly thought out plan.
They would have happily seen the club go tothe wall if it meant the owners going. They could have then had their little dream of a Phoenix club playing at the Ricoh with their mates Wasps, but in the Midland Alliance amongst the likes of Sphinx and Cov United.

They'll be spitting feathers and it wouldnt surprise me if they are meeting with their council influences as we speak to see what they could do.

Yes, I'm a bitter cynic, but that is what those two parties have led me to be over the years!!
👏

SBT

The Sky Blue Trust has disbanded?!

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Just let them do them. Not sure they have much significance any more (although I'm sure someone will interview them over the next few days).

The only point of the SBT has ever been of the future of the club is threatened and we need to step in as a last resort. Outside that scenario (and in reality we’ve likely never truly been in it), they’re useless. Just not set up to reflect the myriad of views fans have.

Frostie

No doubt that the members of the trust I met with Dave Eyles and a few others that they were huge fans and wanted what’s best for the club. Think they were of one mind as to the dangers of Sisu and everyone associated with them. It’s a little nuanced for me but I don’t doubt their desire for the success of our club

Just so I'm clear, this is the same David Eyles that:

Encouraged boycotters, claiming he would never go to games, even at the Ricoh, under SISU (until he was found out)?

Welcomed & enabled the likes of Kalns, Johnson, Bird etc? Allowed Kalns to set up parody social media accounts mocking the club & it's supporters? When it was pointed out they denied it (Until being found out).

Intentionally tried to divide the fanbase with his "Scab" & "tearing families apart" comments to the national press?

Constantly criticises the owners on how they run the club, stating that the Trust need to have a stake in it but can't even get his own organisation to follow their own Constitution?

You genuinely think he has the clubs best interests at heart?

Sky Blue Pete

Encouraged boycotters, claiming he would never go to games, even at the Ricoh, under SISU (until he was found out)?

Welcomed & enabled the likes of Kalns, Johnson, Bird etc? Allowed Kalns to set up parody social media accounts mocking the club & it's supporters? When it was pointed out they denied it (Until being found out).

Intentionally tried to divide the fanbase with his "Scab" & "tearing families apart" comments to the national press?

Constantly criticises the owners on how they run the club, stating that the Trust need to have a stake in it but can't even get his own organisation to follow their own Constitution?

I don’t agree with his opinions or the way he has gone about it but he wants a successful ccfc yep no question

The Kalns stuff is what happens when you only talk to people who speak like you and think like you and hate like you. Echo chambers are so dangerous.
As a group on the supporters forum he has been much more balanced and conciliatory

shmmeee

The scenario they tried to create you mean?

I think you’re being a little ungenerous. No one sinks a significant portion of their free time into the club if they don’t care about it.

I don’t know specifically what you’re referring to as is often the case in these discussions, but I doubt anyone was trying to threaten the existence of the club.

People on both sides of the argument thought and think their way is the only way and the opposite way would kill the club. I don’t see the benefit on carrying on grudges between fans for decades to be perfectly honest.

Frostie

I think you’re being a little ungenerous. No one sinks a significant portion of their free time into the club if they don’t care about it.

I don’t know specifically what you’re referring to as is often the case in these discussions, but I doubt anyone was trying to threaten the existence of the club.

People on both sides of the argument thought and think their way is the only way and the opposite way would kill the club. I don’t see the benefit on carrying on grudges between fans for decades to be perfectly honest.

Of course they do, it was a power trip for some of them - their stated goal to this day is still to own part of the football club.

The specifics I'm referring to are the clandestine meetings with Wasps trying to force a takeover, encouraging administration knowing it meant points deductions with their failed logic that it would mean the end of SISU, their agreement with Hoffman about allowing a phoenix club to play at the Ricoh etc. It's all well documented.

The last point I agree with. The thrust of the topic was the hope that they'd finally disbanded & laid down their weapons on constantly attacking the club & instead would now allow more diplomatic methods such as Mark & Pete's meetings etc. I hope that's the case, let's see.

Grendel

I don’t agree with his opinions or the way he has gone about it but he wants a successful ccfc yep no question

The Kalns stuff is what happens when you only talk to people who speak like you and think like you and hate like you. Echo chambers are so dangerous.
As a group on the supporters forum he has been much more balanced and conciliatory

The day they elected John Fletcher effectively set the mould of weaponising the trust as a political tool to support a council agenda against any interests in the football club regardless of actual supporter opinion. It’s never recovered from that

Grendel

This is a thread on the trust and it’s been ruined since the day he was elected and we had the dumbass fiasco of Haskell - aren’t we allowed to discuss this on the forum?

mark82

This is a thread on the trust and it’s been ruined since the day he was elected and we had the dumbass fiasco of Haskell - aren’t we allowed to discuss this on the forum?

Yeah, but you know the reaction you're going to get. You are well aware he has relatives on here. You know it's going to be emotive. But more than anything it's just going round the same arguments yet again, but crack on. Whatever makes you happy.

Grendel

Yeah, but you know the reaction you're going to get. You are well aware he has relatives on here. You know it's going to be emotive. But more than anything it's just going round the same arguments yet again, but crack on. Whatever makes you happy.

Why is it emotive - it’s an opinion on a forum - seriously

Evo1883

The way I see it... The sky blues trust split the fanbase, which isn't what a trust is designed to do, Infact its easy to believe they are more disliked than liked .. Therefore they are redundant in many ways and need to disband

Frostie

Sorry... Perhaps I shouldn't have started the thread. I had meant to raise it a little while ago as I was intrigued how their survey went etc but they seemed to have just ceased all activity. Then obviously today the biggest news in ages breaks & they're still nowhere to be seen, that reminded me to ask the question.

ccfctommy

I'm pretty sure this Dave guy has not long taken over? I don't think he was involved when all o lf this happened.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The way I see it... The sky blues trust split the fanbase, which isn't what a trust is designed to do, Infact its easy to believe they are more disliked than liked .. Therefore they are redundant in many ways and need to disband
This, not only did they split the fanbase - they vilified those who thought differently. They’re a toxic organisation - as @Grendel said, as soon as a council man was elected the neutrality disappeared

David O'Day

Sorry... Perhaps I shouldn't have started the thread. I had meant to raise it a little while ago as I was intrigued how their survey went etc but they seemed to have just ceased all activity. Then obviously today the biggest news in ages breaks & they're still nowhere to be seen, that reminded me to ask the question.

Nah, we do need to talk about the trust so this thread is fine. It's just some folk like to go looking for drama.

The trust may as well not exist anymore. Is there anyway they can not be the "official" supporters group?

mark82

No issue with that, it's just been pulled back into historic arguments.

mark82

Nah, we do need to talk about the trust so this thread is fine. It's just some folk like to go looking for drama.

The trust may as well not exist anymore. Is there anyway they can not be the "official" supporters group?

They never have been "official". What they were quite good at was getting the ear of the press (to be fair, some of the aforementioned public figures probably helped in that respect).

Frostie

I'm pretty sure this Dave guy has not long taken over? I don't think he was involved when all o lf this happened.

Sadly not mate, he's been involved for years now & chairman for a lot of it.
Whilst the likes of him & Lionel Bird are involved they'll never change & have burned their bridges with the club.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

No doubt that the members of the trust I met with Dave Eyles and a few others that they were huge fans and wanted what’s best for the club. Think they were of one mind as to the dangers of Sisu and everyone associated with them. It’s a little nuanced for me but I don’t doubt their desire for the success of our club

You’ve done some great stuff Pete and I wholeheartedly applaud you for it, but can’t help feel you can be a tad naive at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread