Hartlepool Replay (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Surely an ideal time for a "stay away" protest...

no-one has a season ticket for it meaning no-one has committed to a ticket
we are never going to win the cup so wont affect out league position

for just one game, couldnt CCFC fans united and send a message to its "owners"

lewys33

I was just going to post the same thing! I mentioned a boycott of the oldham game but this may make more sense! Nobody has tickets for this game, and with it being a mid week night game it will be easier for people to avoid! I think it might be a good idea!

Spionkop

Good idea. Let's 'Batter' sisu. Even by the low FA cup gates of this era, a near zero crowd would draw more focus to the insanity going on.

italiahorse

You need to look at where the FA cup is going for us.
We are not going to win it and if we do entertain a big club it will not be at our showpiece ground the Ricoh.
So whats the point?

Lets be united on this match and agree not to go.
Just try it. It's a chance to show a bigger stage that Coventry fans are in a fight.

Spionkop

This will definitely be THE record low crowd in the long history of our club.
If the Sixfielders are with the majority in not wanting this Northampton fiasco, now is the time to show it.
And may I say well done to Sir David Conn of the utterly splendid GUARDIAN newspaper for spelling out the situation at CCFC.
I can tell you, he hasn't come to the situation cold as CWR commentators have tried to hint at. A number of posters on here and from elsewhere have been keeping him and other Guardian football journalists well informed. And I'm glad they have. He has been well read on the situation.
And for CWR to even begin to suggest that the travesty that was the Les Reid 'interview' with Ms Seppalla was anything but a travesty and a wasted chance to really investigate, well....beggars belief.
As Corporal Jones said, 'they don't like it up 'em.'
Are we going to be bullied or not? Are they going to 'batter' us?

Travs

On minute it's a boycott of Northampton. Next minute it's 'lets fill sixfields on boxing day'.....

How's this for an idea..... don't go if you don't want to, but stop trying to impose your crackpot ideas for a protest onto others who want to support the team....

blueflint

don't go won't go why should peeps like you let down all the fans that decided to protest

On minute it's a boycott of Northampton. Next minute it's 'lets fill sixfields on boxing day'.....

How's this for an idea..... don't go if you don't want to, but stop trying to impose your crackpot ideas for a protest onto others who want to support the team....

Ashdown1

It won't matter what anyone calls for this has to be the single most unattractive match that we have played in Northampton yet ! 1000 tops !! It would only be around 4500 at the Ricoh !

James Smith

don't go won't go why should peeps like you let down all the fans that decided to protest

How about we have some free speech rather than everyone trying to gag everyone else, there's allegedly been enough of that already.

If you want to go to Sixfields even after everything that has come out this week then that's fine, but you have to understand that you will be antagonising those people who would like as close to a total boycott as possible.

pusbccfc

I've got a feeling it will be a televised game...

Esoterica

Just to clarify, what's the message we're sending again by not turning up to what would have been the lowest attended match of the season a few days before christmas?

Grendel

How about we have some free speech rather than everyone trying to gag everyone else, there's allegedly been enough of that already.

If you want to go to Sixfields even after everything that has come out this week then that's fine, but you have to understand that you will be antagonising those people who would like as close to a total boycott as possible.

I love it how to try and be reasonable but ultimately you say exactly the same as a the others who smugly say that people are traitors for going

Love the "after all that came out this week" line - mcginnity tried to sue before and I'm pretty certain Richardson had a spat with the local media. Did that stop you going then? Oh I forgot, sorry.

ccfcway

Just to clarify, what's the message we're sending again by not turning up to what would have been the lowest attended match of the season a few days before christmas?

There is low attendances, ie 1700 due to it being a reply, midweek, FA Cup 2nd round etc

and LOW attendances, ie 400 due to fans simply not endorsing having their club taken away from Coventry, and even those who support the team and have season tcikets, wish to express their opinion for one game that they want their club back home

As you have said, this will already be a new low in numbers for SISU's move us to Northmapton, lets make it as low as possible

Last edited:

ohitsaidwalker king power

I love it how to try and be reasonable but ultimately you say exactly the same as a the others who smugly say that people are traitors for going

Love the "after all that came out this week" line - mcginnity tried to sue before and I'm pretty certain Richardson had a spat with the local media. Did that stop you going then? Oh I forgot, sorry.

Respectfully G I think you have misread what doesn't exist between the lines James wrote?

RFC

NOW I am convinced that you are on the payroll.

Just a fan of many years who appreciates the bigger picture and realises that although silence is golden, the other parties involved aren't getting the stick they both deserve!

Unfortunately it's become a 'witch-hunt' against the current owners, apportioning blame is pointless and we must look forward whether that means ever returning to the Ricoh or to a new venue.

Just sick to death with all the politics and the fact that only one party are taking any stick when the other two are at least equally to blame.

Grendel

magic82ball

You must have a constant bloody nose at the extremely high horse of yours. How nice it must be to right so often...

James Smith

Exactly what is your issue here? All I pointed out was that people have different views and whilst some people will want to go to Sixfields others won't and may see suggestions that they should as inflamatory.

If you're reading anything else into that then you're seeing something that isn't there. I have never suggested people are traitors for going to Sixfields.

Last edited:

magic82ball

Exactly what is your issue here? All I pointed out was that people have different views and whilst some people will want to go to Sixfields others won't and may see suggestions that they should as inflamatory.

If you're reading anything else into that then you're seeing something that isn't there.

Its less of an issue he has, more of a problem.

Grendel

If you're reading anything else into that then you're seeing something that isn't there. I have never suggested people are traitors for going to Sixfields.

Why make the snide remark about even after this week then? Given the fact previous regimes have also threatened legal action against fans?

Tonylinc

Just a fan of many years who appreciates the bigger picture and realises that although silence is golden, the other parties involved aren't getting the stick they both deserve!

Unfortunately it's become a 'witch-hunt' against the current owners, apportioning blame is pointless and we must look forward whether that means ever returning to the Ricoh or to a new venue.

Just sick to death with all the politics and the fact that only one party are taking any stick when the other two are at least equally to blame.
What! Please tell me how the Council and ACL are in any way to blame for this absurd situation. They did not take my club away from me.

Spionkop

RFC, and us fans haven't taken 'stick?'
Sisu put the boot in on the fans of our club, I'll do anything to highlight the laughing stock they have reduced this club to.
Our owners are being exposed at every turn.
They are, to coin a well known Clough phrase, 'a bloody disgrace.'

Users who are viewing this thread