Happier times (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Yes, Clint - I second that view and have expressed it over the last couple of decades. Newcastle, even with Shearer were beatable but I couldn't see us beating Arsenal in the final had we made it.
I missed both those Shef U games - Gave my Dad my ticket when I got ill and saw the replay on the East stand concourse. The mood was fantastic. Up until the 89th minute/extra time/penalties.
I remember a couple of blokes getting chased out at the end and getting badly filled in at the bottom of Swan lane. I think they may have been Shef U supporters working down here or just a couple of wind up merchants.
We played Arsenal at home that season and drew 2 all, that diving bastard Bergkamp got Williams sent off. I'd have fancied us to give them a good game

clint van damme

We played Arsenal at home that season and drew 2 all, that diving bastard Bergkamp got Williams sent off. I'd have fancied us to give them a good game

my minds playing tricks in my old age, thought we lost that game.
Berkamp is one of my all time favourite players but his antics that day soured his legacy a bit for me.

fernandopartridge

my minds playing tricks in my old age, thought we lost that game.
Berkamp is one of my all time favourite players but his antics that day soured his legacy a bit for me.
We equalised when they had Viera sent off. Strachan went mad about the referee afterwards. We played really well that day.

Magwitch

Villa cup-tie was in the top right corner of the Holte End but kept quiet for obvious reasons, I’m sure if any Villa fan studied our gleeful looking faces at the end of the match they would have rumbled us.
Watching a game like that in total silence was so bloody hard.

Users who are viewing this thread