Hamer (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Good move if we have a % on the overall fee - was very good yesterday for Sheff U and can easily see him at a Fulham or Bournemouth next season

Londonccfcfan

Could see Hamer in a Fulham or Bournemouth team next season , possibly even someone like Everton
I don't see him leaving Shef untd. He's been one of their best players last few games against the bigger teams.

He will be key to them coming back up. He will have ridiculous stats next year championship.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I think his combative driving style is probably more suited to the championship then the premiership, they will want to keep him to help them get back up first time. I think the teams listed above are more likely to want Sheaf which would suit the Prem better

Sandgroper Skybluel

He's played well the last few games I'd say Prem clubs would be looking at him. Agree that a team like Fulham or Brentford would probably see the best of him. Would he have a relagation release clause in his contract?

Senior Vick from Alicante

Feel sorry for the lad, he's gone from somewhat of a cult type player with us to just another team player being used out of position which makes playing un-enjoyable and difficult. He cant be enjoying himself at the minute but that's the choices you make, Sheffield will be building around him next year due to contracts ending and will be in a similar position having to rebuild so doubt they will challenge next year. Sometimes money isn't everything and Hamer's move should be a lesson to younger players that the grass is just a different shade of green on the other side of the fence.

SkyBlueSoul

I hope he doesn't stay at Sheff Utd if we stay down, couldn't handle a section of our fans singing his song when we play them.

Sick Boy

Feel sorry for the lad, he's gone from somewhat of a cult type player with us to just another team player being used out of position which makes playing un-enjoyable and difficult. He cant be enjoying himself at the minute but that's the choices you make, Sheffield will be building around him next year due to contracts ending and will be in a similar position having to rebuild so doubt they will challenge next year. Sometimes money isn't everything and Hamer's move should be a lesson to younger players that the grass is just a different shade of green on the other side of the fence.
I doubt he sees it as a bad move and it’s hardly a lesson to other players. He’s played in the PL and will be earning considerable more money. Even if does return to the Championship next season, they’ll be one of the favourites to go straight back up.

napolimp

I doubt he sees it as a bad move and it’s hardly a lesson to other players. He’s played in the PL and will be earning considerable more money. Even if does return to the Championship next season, they’ll be one of the favourites to go straight back up.

If they come down, he'll be one of the first to go. Not many of their players would fetch decent fees.

Hobo

But that is the risk with any transfer. Also a change of manager can undermine your career as much as being a boost for it. I think most players want the chance to play at a higher level and jump at it when given the chance. Players just have to back themselves. There is no such thing as the perfect move. Only time decides.

skybluericoh

I think Forrest would be a decent move for him if they stay up/ have money to spend. If not then there is Wolves, Luton..

PVA

Looks good enough to stay in the Premier League and we saw last season he's too good for the Championship.

Considering how bad his team is I'd say he's had a pretty good season.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Looks good enough to stay in the Premier League and we saw last season he's too good for the Championship.

Considering how bad his team is I'd day he's had a pretty good season.
💯 he's been played out of position most of the season. He's been consistently decent in a very poor defensive team.

Nuskyblue

💯 he's been played out of position most of the season. He's been consistently decent in a very poor defensive team.
He's probably their best player all things considered. They are the players that get poached when a team gets relegated, Look at Robertson at Liverpool and to a lesser extent Maguire, both stood out in that Hull team that went down and got cherry picked for bigger and better things.

I'd put Hamer in that bracket.

Londonccfcfan

He's probably their best player all things considered. They are the players that get poached when a team gets relegated, Look at Robertson at Liverpool and to a lesser extent Maguire, both stood out in that Hull team that went down and got cherry picked for bigger and better things.

I'd put Hamer in that bracket.
Yeah Bowen springs to mind for Hull too after they got relegated.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ability-wise Hamer is good enough for PL. If anything puts a team off at that elite level it'll be lifestyle and diet.

Viktor17

So based on goings on today re Sheff Utd - anyone know how hamer deal was structured? Are they late paying us?

Johhny Blue

Callum are you listening?

JoeCCFCPUSB

Nottingham Forest he isn't good enough to start, Dominguez, Sangare, Gibbs White and Danilo are better players, Hamer would be sat on the bench.
Wolves, Cunha, Gomes, Lemina and Ait-Nouri are again better than hamer, again he would be a bench warmer.
Brentford, Janelt, Jensen and Damsgaard are all superior player,
Crystal Palace, depending on how they set out Wharlton, Hughes, Eze, and Olise for me are all again either more experienced or better than Hamer.
Bournemouth : Walker, Scott and Billing are all better players
Fulham : Paulinho, Perreira and Cairney again are either better or much more experienced players.
Everton : Onana, Gomes, Garner and Doucoure are all better players.

For me i see a lot of people saying Hamer is too good for the Championship, i was one of those people. However, i think we all forget the gulf in class between the Championship and the Premier League. I don't think the Premier League has ever been such an impossible task for newly promoted sides to survive than the last 2, 3 seasons.

Sure, you will find some players in the Championship that go on to be really good Premier League players, but the facts are more times than not it's the other way around. I think Hamer has jumped at the opportunity of Premier League wages instead of his former team mate Gyokeres who turned down the opportunity and moved to Portugal where he is now one of the best forwards in Europe.

This is all mentality, Hamer has always been known as a special player to us, but we all know he liked to go out get on it and enjoy his life. Gyokeres there was never that surrounding him, Gyokeres has exploded while Hamer hasn't, this is mentality.

Hamer for me should move back to Eredivisie, go and play for Feyenoord, his level in England is whoever is newly promoted in the Premier League and no more than that. Leeds United if promoted would suit Hamer, because the odds are stacked against them with their current squad.

O'Hare will be no different, a Coutinho type of player, 5-10 years ago they were the main man, now in the Premier League they are a liability to a managers system. O'Hare will flop in the Premier League, he will have zero time on the ball and playing against sides that have far superior players and systems.

Yorkshire SB

Nottingham Forest he isn't good enough to start, Dominguez, Sangare, Gibbs White and Danilo are better players, Hamer would be sat on the bench.
Wolves, Cunha, Gomes, Lemina and Ait-Nouri are again better than hamer, again he would be a bench warmer.
Crystal Palace, depending on how they set out Wharlton, Hughes, Eze, and Olise for me are all again either more experienced or better than Hamer.
Fulham : Paulinho, Perreira and Cairney again are either better or much more experienced players.

For me i see a lot of people saying Hamer is too good for the Championship, i was one of those people. However, i think we all forget the gulf in class between the Championship and the Premier League. I don't think the Premier League has ever been such an impossible task for newly promoted sides to survive than the last 2, 3 seasons.

Sure, you will find some players in the Championship that go on to be really good Premier League players, but the facts are more times than not it's the other way around. I think Hamer has jumped at the opportunity of Premier League wages instead of his former team mate Gyokeres who turned down the opportunity and moved to Portugal where he is now one of the best forwards in Europe.

This is all mentality, Hamer has always been known as a special player to us, but we all know he liked to go out get on it and enjoy his life. Gyokeres there was never that surrounding him, Gyokeres has exploded while Hamer hasn't, this is mentality.

Hamer for me should move back to Eredivisie, go and play for Feyenoord, his level in England is whoever is newly promoted in the Premier League and no more than that. Leeds United if promoted would suit Hamer, because the odds are stacked against them with their current squad.

O'Hare will be no different, a Coutinho type of player, 5-10 years ago they were the main man, now in the Premier League they are a liability to a managers system. O'Hare will flop in the Premier League, he will have zero time on the ball and playing against sides that have far superior players and systems.

My defence for Hamer would be, he’s played in the worst side in the division (as bad as any for some time as well), often out of position. Would half of those players have looked any good in those circumstances?

He’s got 9 g/a - not the end of the world, and I could see him doubling those numbers in a more competitive side.

I personally think he’d get in and around the Everton team, Fulham, Palace, and arguably Brentford. He’d certainly play enough games there to have an impact.

skybluericoh

The thing is he went for £ if it was for football experience he wouldn't have gone to SU so if any of them teams came in and offered the money that he or COH are after I think they would go and fight to get their chance in the team.

I'm happy in my job but if someone came in and said here's double your money for the next 4 years but you will be doing a lesser job, at my age, I would take it. If i got an opportunity to get a better role while there, happy days. If not, I would take comfort in knowing my mortgage would be paid off and some decent holidays had.

Ccfcisparks

Cunha and Ait nouri don't play in midfield so not sure why youve included them in your lists.

Hobo

What if some of those players you mention move on themselves?

fernandopartridge

He's far better than some of the players you mention, James Garner :ROFLMAO:

napolimp

Who the fuck is Walker?

JoeCCFCPUSB

My defence for Hamer would be, he’s played in the worst side in the division (as bad as any for some time as well), often out of position. Would half of those players have looked any good in those circumstances?

He’s got 9 g/a - not the end of the world, and I could see him doubling those numbers in a more competitive side.

I personally think he’d get in and around the Everton team, Fulham, Palace, and arguably Brentford. He’d certainly play enough games there to have an impact.
If that was the case then why did he end up at Shef United, a Prem side would have signed him before they swooped in. Great player but just can't see a Premier League side forking out 15-20 million on him.

JoeCCFCPUSB

Cunha and Ait nouri don't play in midfield so not sure why youve included them in your lists.
Wolves last match against West Ham, Ait Nouri played behind the striker, similar to where O'Hare/ Palmer would play. So technically yes he is a midfielder.
Matheus Cunha is again similar, he plays either as a forward in a 442 or behind the striker.

JoeCCFCPUSB

Hamer's best choice would be to come back to the Sky Blues or a move back to the Eredivisie. Our team in my opinion will piss the league next season, we are 2 or 3 new signings short of automatic promotion.

I just don't see how we don't get promoted, we had an awful start to the season, 2 forwards that took a while to get going and yet we are still chasing promotion in what should have been a transitional season, bedding in the new players,

I know Hamer still has his home in Leamington, if we are lead to believe we bid 9 million for an argentinian winger then what is stopping us from going back in for Hamer, he will have a relegation clause in his contract at Shef United, so wages won't be much more than Haji Wright's salary.

I do think Hamer has unfinished business at this Football Club.

Gint11

Hamer's best choice would be to come back to the Sky Blues or a move back to the Eredivisie. Our team in my opinion will piss the league next season, we are 2 or 3 new signings short of automatic promotion.

I just don't see how we don't get promoted, we had an awful start to the season, 2 forwards that took a while to get going and yet we are still chasing promotion in what should have been a transitional season, bedding in the new players,

I know Hamer still has his home in Leamington, if we are lead to believe we bid 9 million for an argentinian winger then what is stopping us from going back in for Hamer, he will have a relegation clause in his contract at Shef United, so wages won't be much more than Haji Wright's salary.

I do think Hamer has unfinished business at this Football Club.

wages is the problem

Users who are viewing this thread