Hamer (6 Viewers)

CCFC86

Our team is build around Hamer without him we are much weaker. The club can't turn down money for him especially if he turned down a big contract they wouldn't let him go for free.

Odd as I'm sure Sheff U will go down this season and he will end up at square one again in the championship. Can't knock that he wants to play in the PL but to pick sheff utd 😬

skybluestub

If true, absolutely gutting, but also no big surprise. No doubt the recruitment team have ideas on replacements already as this was to be expected if he didn't sign a new deal. £15m for him with less than a year left hopefully enables us to have further depth. Short term pain, long term gain. It's just a real kick in the teeth, he's been the best player I've seen in Sky Blue for years.

SlowerThanPlatt

Our team is build around Hamer without him we are much weaker. The club can't turn down money for him especially if he turned down a big contract they wouldn't let him go for free.

Odd as I'm sure Sheff U will go down this season and he will end up at square one again in the championship. Can't knock that he wants to play in the PL but to pick sheff utd 😬
The only other option he had it seems it was Luton

Briles

We can't not accept 15 million. Need someone in pronto to replace though

South West Sky Blue

I’m pissed off it’s Sheff U. Guaranteed to be playing in the Championship next year.
I agree. It's likely they will be relegated. However, relegated players don't always stay with the the club. He may have put himself in the shop window for other Premiership teams, or loans abroad (which happens surprisingly often).
No guarantee he'll go to Shef Utd, but if I had to guess now - I'd say he won't play in the Championship in 24/25 season.

shmmeee

crushed noo GIF

shmmeee

If that's the case we should definitely sell him and build a stronger team.

This was the logic I took with GCSE options “Oh I’m predicted an A in Music, clearly I need to learn more Expressive Art”

It did not work out well.

shmmeee

Let's be honest he's too good for us now and deserves a crack at the Premier League. He's given us some unbelievable performances and some great memories.

Baby Hat GIF

Far far too good for us. And at least it’s not Leeds or Leicester.

Skyblue_LDN

Wouldn’t be surprised to see some young prem prospect come in on loan at this stage of the window, unless they have a contingency lined up

AOM

Going to be a massive miss, easily our current best player but it felt inevitable and I'm glad the saga is finally over.

Now get an extension tn O'Hare's current deal signed please

SBT

Yeah that stuff I said about playoffs being the bare minimum to expect this season….not so much anymore.

skyblu3sk

Well was always coming when he didn't sign a contract but £15m is excellent business. For me I think Playoffs will be out of reach this season just as in doubt we are going to spend on fully fledged championship players of the same quality as Hamer as they would cost the same money. I see this year as an exciting build in to a kick ass year next with settled players who understand the league. I would be amazingly happy to be wrong of course. I also love that we are no longer selling for bargain bin prices.

Si80

Absolutely mugged people off with the narrative of wanting to be closer to his kid in Holland. Was always about cash.

Awful move for him bar his bank account. Sheff U will get smashed week in week out. Hope Robins has someone lined up to be in place for next week. Liam Kelly masterclass tomorrow in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread