Hamer (3 Viewers)

coop

Get a replacement in ASAP and people will soon forget Hamer. Thanks for your service I think his last 6 month's he as been outstanding.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I would be surprised if he signed for PSV or Ajax, those two and Feyenoord absolutely hate each other. If it is dream to go and join the latter (which he has said previously) then it would be a bit strange to do this. Unless of course the family thing is the biggest overriding issue, in which case he might just take whatever he can get.

Can't personally see any of then forking out for him though. It isn't really in their nature and they would almost be doing Hamer a favour anyway. He's a very good player at our level and I'm sure could make it a step higher without doubt, but it would take a seriously marquee signing for any of those clubs to spend north of a few million. I don't think he's quite in that category yet.

I suspect he plans to either go to the PL or run the contract down so he can join Feyenoord on a free. I'm not sure Doug will allow it to be that easy, but I'm sure there's an acceptable figure he would be willing to accept rather than lose him for nothing.

I could be well wrong on this, but even though it sounds a bit ominous if I'm honest, some club somewhere is going to have to pay a proper price if they want him. If that doesn't happen then it's a stalemate, which is what seems to be happening for now.

Chris1987

So reading between the lines he wants to return to Holland but no Dutch club can afford him. Where does this end up ?

Ccfcisparks

I would be surprised if he signed for PSV or Ajax, those two and Feyenoord absolutely hate each other. If it is dream to go and join the latter (which he has said previously) then it would be a bit strange to do this. Unless of course the family thing is the biggest overriding issue, in which case he might just take whatever he can get.

Can't personally see any of then forking out for him though. It isn't really in their nature and they would almost be doing Hamer a favour anyway. He's a very good player at our level and I'm sure could make it a step higher without doubt, but it would take a seriously marquee signing for any of those clubs to spend north of a few million. I don't think he's quite in that category yet.

I suspect he plans to either go to the PL or run the contract down so he can join Feyenoord on a free. I'm not sure Doug will allow it to be that easy, but I'm sure there's an acceptable figure he would be willing to accept rather than lose him for nothing.

I could be well wrong on this, but even though it sounds a bit ominous if I'm honest, some club somewhere is going to have to pay a proper price if they want him. If that doesn't happen then it's a stalemate, which is what seems to be happening for now.
I would be incredibly mad at him if he went to a team in our league.

wingy

Who knows it could all have been engineered,the wife going back with the child,then this late on in the window?

CCFC54321

For me there’s a tipping point. How much is Hamer worth (if motivated) for us this coming season if we did get promoted? If we’re offered £2m for example would you just say we doubled our money and we have something or say no he sits out the last 12 months as the rewards significantly out way the £2m, or do city have a £m tipping point that is nowhere near the £15m valuation?

SeaSeeEffCee

Wouldn’t be shocked if he wants to stay for the season and move back to the Netherlands in the summer. Not really sure what we’d do in that situation. Losing a £15m asset for nothing would be pretty disastrous, but you also don’t really want to be seen as a club who force players out.

shmmeee

Dawkins saying Hamer’s demands not being met by club and it’s effectively all a narrative.

Im sure based on what we’ve seen so far if we could afford what he’s asking we would. But also it’s Dawkins so probably bollocks.

shmmeee

Thats what we all read. Not sure if this is John anti-king agenda, or Gus trying to get John to save face for him.

How does that save face? Everyone could understand moving for your family, not just rinsing the club for more than they can afford.

shmmeee

Absolutely gutted. Hope we’ve got a replacement lined up we can move quickly on. Ideally before he goes, like Simms.

Si80

£30k a week is £1.5M a year. Use £3M of Viks fee for an 2 year extension and stick it in front of him and see how quickly he signs. Gentleman’s agreement if we are nowhere near playoffs / promotion at end of season he can go for a fee like we obviously did with Vik.

Ccfcisparks

£30k a week is £1.5M a year. Use £3M of Viks fee for an 2 year extension and stick it in front of him and see how quickly he signs. Gentleman’s agreement if we are nowhere near playoffs / promotion at end of season he can go for a fee like we obviously did with Vik.
I really don't think money is the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread