Hamer (15 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

I’ve heard there’s strong interest from Leicester.

From your Veronese contacts? :unsure: P.S. I fully missed the day of Hellas' play off v Spezia - watched the highlights the day after. They don't do things the easy way!

slowpoke

I'm sure Sisu would only of sold the training ground if they could make profit out of the move, ie, sell the asset and rent another facility, or something along those lines.

What we need (ideally) is to move to a new, bigger, upto date facility that we will own outright.

I've not heard any player say they are refusing to sign for us because of the training ground, where have you got that from?
I think sisu hoped and planned to sell off Ryton but we’re prevented by the sports council until they could provide suitable replacement, sports grounds can’t be just sold off now. As to who owns I presume it was sisu and then Doug King.
Asto moving to a new up to date training ground Robins has said Ryton is to be up dated to a and I quote state of the art training ground, I assume the work going on there now will be that.

Grendel

DrPoolittle

Issue is, this is a little bit like comparing apples and oranges.

Frankly, it was easier to recruit in L1/L2 as most of the signings were low cost by large and even with all of the off field issues the club was still one of the more attractive propositions in each respective league.

The Championship is a completely different kettle of fish. The stakes are higher, as is the financial outlay for signings and the level of competition we're up against is far greater.

We can easily get bodies in but getting the right ones in is quite clearly far more difficult at this level, especially when factoring in the budget Robins has available.

Which is why I've said for a while the number of signings we need is a bit of a double edged sword.

agree completely. Robins is potentially going to get a large budget. The largest budget since the club were relegated from the PL. but it’s a one shot option. Once that money is gone, the club is reliant on other huge sales, which is a risky reliance and not guaranteed

Sick Boy

From your Veronese contacts? :unsure: P.S. I fully missed the day of Hellas' play off v Spezia - watched the highlights the day after. They don't do things the easy way!
It was a decent game but they also managed to get lucky with the penalty save - hopefully next season will be a bit better!
This came from a Leicester fan I know through the brother-in- law.

skyblu3sk

I see the negative faction are well in swing Doug won't want to lose Hamer if Hamer wants to stay there will be a deal.

shmmeee

I see the negative faction are well in swing Doug won't want to lose Hamer if Hamer wants to stay there will be a deal.

It’s his first proper on the field test. Of course people are letting him know ahead of that how important it is.

Whole lot of judgement on King has been reserved until this summer. He is on the pot having kicked off the last constipated occupants and it’s very much shittin’ time.

skyblu3sk

It’s his first proper on the field test. Of course people are letting him know ahead of that how important it is.

Whole lot of judgement on King has been reserved until this summer. He is on the pot having kicked off the last constipated occupants and it’s very much shittin’ time.
It is a big test but none of us know the figures involved and what's going through the players head. I'm optimistic because of Hamers actions but if he's asking for premiership money we are likely not to be able to afford it. Hopefully all parties are being sensible and we get there if we don't it shouldn't be knee jerk to Doug out.

Hutch11

It is a big test but none of us know the figures involved and what's going through the players head. I'm optimistic because of Hamers actions but if he's asking for premiership money we are likely not to be able to afford it. Hopefully all parties are being sensible and we get there if we don't it shouldn't be knee jerk to Doug out.
You just know there will be though

Senior Vick from Alicante

Typical SBT thread this, posters arguing with each other over something that's beyond our control. All we need to do is be patient boys and girls, Robins is his own man and will know what he wants, he and DK know how important Gus is to the team and will make the right decision. But as we are still a week away from the players returning to training we've got another week of he said she said and my brothers mate knows the groundsman's brothers cousin in law threads to wade through. Keep the faith.

Alkhen

Typical SBT thread this, posters arguing with each other over something that's beyond our control. All we need to do is be patient boys and girls, Robins is his own man and will know what he wants, he and DK know how important Gus is to the team and will make the right decision. But as we are still a week away from the players returning to training we've got another week of he said she said and my brothers mate knows the groundsman's brothers cousin in law threads to wade through. Keep the faith.
All true and you have to add that despite what Doug and Robins want the fact is if Gus fancies a move or wants more money than is sustainable then there is little we can do. For now I'm sure that the club are fully aware that he is a key player and will do their best to get him to stay. As for the noise I'm taking all this talk of 'extra 2k a week' etc with a huge pinch of salt.

skyblu3sk

you only need to look at the comments between a win and loss - from Championship material to Relegation certainties based on 1 game

Yes we do seem to be reflecting the general tendency towards polarization that we see across the world these days.
Honestly it's drives me insane that everything has to be fantastic or the end of the world with no in-between reminds me of a Tim Minchin song 🤣🤣

AFCCOVENTRY

same as what i was told Friday. my interpretation is that once issues higher up are resolved that will follow with players coming in. next week could be a busy week on and off the pitch

Let’s hope things get going next week.

Users who are viewing this thread