Hamer (16 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

What gets me is all summer they’ve pushed him on socials, using dirty marketing techniques on their own support to get us to buy more STs but in the knowledge that he doesn’t really want to stay.
At the best it’s just pure naivety, and at the worst it’s either outright stupidity or, like you say, dirty marketing tactics. All the stupid pre-season videos where he was the focus, making him the face of the kit on the online store, having little pictures of him in the mock-up for the new club shop etc.

They’ll have seen all the responses they were getting on social media and how many people genuinely believed he was signing a new deal. All round just very silly.

chiefdave

At the best it’s just pure naivety, and at the worst it’s either outright stupidity or, like you say, dirty marketing tactics. All the stupid pre-season videos where he was the focus, making him the face of the kit on the online store, having little pictures of him in the mock-up for the new club shop etc.
Do you truly believe our social media team, which is quite possibly one kid straight out of college, has all the inside info on contract negotiations and potential transfers. Not to mention the ability to get on to the people drawing up the plans for a new club store to get them to put pictures of Hamer in the designs to piss people off?

Or is it more likely to be that he was the star player that that got the club the highest engagement on posts?

skyblueelephant76

They’ll have seen all the responses they were getting on social media and how many people genuinely believed he was signing a new deal. All round just very silly.
It's good marketing.

Until 3 days ago when Sheff Utd came in he was going nowhere.

skyblu3sk

Escobar Spe GIF by hero0fwar

quinn1971

I believe that he wanted his dream move to the prem but no way would it have been with sheff utd, wasn‘t it only Leeds and burnley the only options for him until sheff utd came along, if he had A choice he‘d of preferred burnley but prob missed his chance

nicksar

The Club had no choice but to sell him given he wouldn't sign a new contract, hopefully the recruitment team will have a replacement lined up (I'm sure they will)..
He's been great for us and the club have been great for him.I wish him all the best....but he won't get the support from those fickle Sheffield fans he's had from us that's for sure.

Alkhen

Hamer has made Dawkins look a twat in his interview with Sheff United.

Confirmed it was all about him making the next step in his career and wanting to play in the Prem. Nothing we could have done. He gave his very best right up until Tuesday and has earned us a pretty penny. He'll be missed but we move on.

Don't believe the utter trip Dawkins and Co are peddling. I can't believe how badly they took a price rise in the corporate boxes, bunch of babies.

Flying Fokker

This will hit the support and team hard for a little while now. Unfortunately due to the timing of this, if we go a goal down tomorrow it has the potential to get hostile in there.
It may do. But it depends on how the new players react. The squad is bigger than him. Some players might be glad to see the back of him anyway. They are professional footballers after all.

Alkhen

I know people's views on his posts, but if this is true, it makes it hurt that little bit more....😐

Utter salty shite from a big man baby that has been told he has to pay a bit more for a corporate box.

Watch the Sheff U welcome vid Gus talks through why he joined. Wanted a new challenge at a higher level.

Nick

Administrator
Wait, how did he ask to go to them before a fee was agreed?

It's no down to see what replacements we get. We are so light in centre midfield.

Nick

Administrator
Utter salty shite from a big man baby that has been told he has to pay a bit more for a corporate box.

Watch the Sheff U welcome vid Gus talks through why he joined. Wanted a new challenge at a higher level.
He asked the club to leave, he's gone to the premier League, he's going to try and push for a national call up no doubt, he will be on more money than we could ever offer him.

chiefdave

Wait, how did he ask to go to them before a fee was agreed?

It's no down to see what replacements we get. We are so light in centre midfield.
All seems a bit weird. Can’t imagine he’d have been playing a pretty meaningless cup game in the week and risking injury if a huge deal was being negotiated

Not going to change anything though so just hope there’s time left in the window to get in what we need

Nick

Administrator
All seems a bit weird. Can’t imagine he’d have been playing a pretty meaningless cup game in the week and risking injury if a huge deal was being negotiated

Not going to change anything though so just hope there’s time left in the window to get in what we need
Robins and the scouts should really have replacements lined up

long way home

Lots of people knew a while ago he was being offered more than we could of offered. The only way he stayed was if we were willing to let him go for free in the summer. That was obviously not the case and he by the end of it set his heart on the move.

He got what he wanted the club got the fee they wanted and we move on. No point trying to work this out, its simple higher level, double the money to do the same job. Anyone that thinks we were going to stop this or keep him are bitter and delusional. Time to let it go, now we should concentrate on our club and Gus wouldn't want it any other way.

shmmeee

Needs either a spanking win tomorrow, or a couple of tasty signings next week and the mood will turn. You can't judge anything the day of the transfer FFS.

Snoogola

It goes without saying that I wish it was with Coventry, but I’m genuinely looking forward to seeing him play against top prem teams.

He deserves to be playing in the premier league but I have a horrible feeling he’ll be back in the championship this time next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Sorry, but that is utter utter waffle. Then followed up by talking about joining Sheffield United like it’s Real Madrid. Why do fans fall for it.

“The players actually love us and want to tongue us all”
?! I mean what else do you expect him to say in his welcome interview?!

"I wanted to join someone better but you'll do"

I actually think he was pretty reasonable, not too over the top. Said it's a dream to play in the Prem. He even gave a little dig about their goal being on the break when they asked about the 3-1 loss last season. Also complementary about us and the fans which wasn't even prompted.

SKYBLUES90

He gives off proper ‘do you know who I am’ Vibes.

Weird attention seeker.

pusbccfc

Dawkins chatting rubbish. The club press release makes it clear Hamer wanted to leave.

He could have signed a contract last month for 30k a week and would still have gone the moment Sheffield United bid £15m.

Users who are viewing this thread