Hamer (6 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

It’s pretty clear from what Robins has said that the issue is money.

duffer

I also politely disagree. We won’t have been touting him around, but equally we have a club to run and one like ours cannot afford to lose players like him for nothing or equally just wait for him to leave near the end of the transfer window with no time to replace him.

The performances we’re seeing are that of someone advertising himself to his suitors.

I see your point, but I'd say his job is to do his best on the pitch for us - he's not obliged to make it easy for us to sell him in a particular period.

I think it's quite possible that both his agent and the club have been touting him about, just perhaps not to the same clubs!

Regardless, and in the same spirit of friendly disagreement, I don't think it's possible to tell whether a player is playing well to put himself in the shop window, or just because he's trying his best for his current team. Ultimately, does it make much difference?

PVA

Regardless, and in the same spirit of friendly disagreement, I don't think it's possible to tell whether a player is playing well to put himself in the shop window, or just because he's trying his best for his current team. Ultimately, does it make much difference?

Yes agree with this. And it was certainly clear yesterday that he was still giving his all. If he wasn’t putting any effort in then it would be fair to say he’s messing us about. But if nobody bids what we want for him and he continues to play like that for 12 months then I’ve no issue with him.

shmmeee

Worst case is he’s shit for his final year. As long as that doesn’t happen I’m not too bothered. At least gives us a year to find a replacement or a wedge of cash to do the same but quicker.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Keep him until the end of his contract whilst it gives you 12 months to set the wheels in motion for a replacement unless he signs. If we then go close again or even make the step up he will possibly sign a new contract and stay, so much water to go under the bridge with this, and the way Doug is spending at the minute who to say we wont give the guys the amount needed to get a player in a similar mould. Dont get me wrong I would love another 4 years but the team comes first, it has too.

SBT

What’s clear is he’s messed us around as much off the pitch as he has excelled for us on it.
The situation with his contract is not a good one, but your analogy is way off. He’s been one of the best midfielders in the league for several months now - is that how disruptive you think he’s being?

Brighton Sky Blue

The situation with his contract is not a good one, but your analogy is way off. He’s been one of the best midfielders in the league for several months now - is that how disruptive you think he’s being?
Well clearly it’s causing a big headache higher up the club and depending on the manner of his eventual departure could leave us up the creek. We’ll see.
“I don’t like how hard he’s trying” is a new one I’ve got to admit 😂
Not quite what I said!

slowpoke

We have no idea that this is the reason he won’t sign. Even if it is, you could still sign a 1 year extension with an agreement that he can return to NL for something rather than nothing.

Seems to me more likely he’s had his head turned by clubs in this country and is holding out for something. If Leicester or Leeds really do come in for him and he goes late in August, he’ll have properly screwed us over. Hopefully not.
Don’t sell him then that decision is down us.
The way he is playing it doesn’t seem to me his head is turned and if he is planning to run his contract down not a lot we can do about it. But don’t under any circumstance sell to a championship rival, especially one beginning with L

fatso

If Hamer runs his contract down, but helps get us promoted in doing so, I'd be more than happy, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge him going on a free.

Yorkshire SB

Put it this way

If he goes to Leeds then the blokes clearly arsed about money and he can fuck himself.
Bit much - they’ve just had 3 years in the Prem, and objectively a huge club.

Plus money is obviously a massive part of it, I don’t know anyone thinks it isn’t. If we offered him 40k a week, he’d sign.

Colin Steins Smile

I appreciate that numerous posters suggest selling Hamer and reinvesting in few players as replacements, but I wonder if we are getting to the position of needing to be very careful on the number of additional ongoing wage commitments.
My thoughts being related to the number of players that have been recruited so far, being likely to be on higher wages than some of those who left.

fernandopartridge

Leeds made a £39m loss in 2022.

Turnover £189m of which £95m was PL central funding.

Wage bill of £121m.

I'm guessing 2023 will have been similar.

Not sure they'll necessarily be spending much of the fee they get for selling one of their players.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Ashdown

Let’s get winning, playing fantastic football again, great team spirit , fans playing their part with Gus…..he might just take an offer to stay. Any negativity from Board level down and he will feel his time is up.

San Francisco

He's a professional footballer, of course he's arsed about money.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
If another employee offered my say double my wages then I would be off as well. Bit much to say fuck himself and he’s arsed about money. Most people who work in any industry will follow substantial salary increase.

Exactly. What a bizarre take.

Users who are viewing this thread