Hamer (3 Viewers)

pusbccfc

He's a liability and has let the team down, again.

Agreed but I don't think today's roll around was a red.

Based on that, Gyökeres is an equally liable player having missing multiple sitters this season?

Team of liabilities.

Sick Boy

Agreed but I don't think today's roll around was a red.

Based on that, Gyökeres is an equally liable player having missing multiple sitters this season?

Team of liabilities.
I'm sorry but trying to compare him to Gyökeres is just disrespectful to our best player.
Hamer has let the team down multiple times and will be out when it could have a key impact upon whether we stay up or go down - he's a liability that is going to cost us points.
It was a definite red card.

ccfc922

I've seen 4 different angles now, including a slow mo, not sure what people are considering a kick? Am I meant to be seeing Rooney 2006?

What I don't get, is if I was sent off for a "kick" that I didn't do, I'd go back n make the red card worth it. What that entails with the FA, idk, but at least make it worth it.

pusbccfc

I'm sorry but trying to compare him to Gyökeres is just disrespectful to our best player.
Hamer has let the team down multiple times and will be out when it could have a key impact upon whether we stay up or go down - he's a liability that is going to cost us points.
It was a definite red card.

His red had no impact on today's game. Gyökeres missing sitters at Luton does.

I'm not arguing Hamer is a liability, but he's not the only one to blame.

pusbccfc

What I don't get, is if I was sent off for a "kick" that I didn't do, I'd go back n make the red card worth it. What that entails with the FA, idk, but at least make it worth it.

The only kick I can see is the initial one from the Birmingham player. Both players then are tangling.

Sick Boy

His red had no impact on today's game. Gyökeres missing sitters at Luton does.

I'm not arguing Hamer is a liability, but he's not the only one to blame.
Christ.
How long is he out for now? What percentage of the season will that be?
Try to scapegoat/deflect this onto our best player is shameful.

pusbccfc

Christ.

No, I'm comparing, not deflecting.

Hamer deserves criticism but others are escaping it because he got sent off.

ccfc922

Christ.

Sorry, got to say that Gyoks 2nd minute sitter vs Luton is getting pretty regular. He'll put away goals he shouldn't score, then miss Sunday league chances.

Hamer didn't cost us today, but he did vs Millwall. Although we'd already thrown away a 2 goal lead.

skyblueeyesrevisited

Sorry, got to say that Gyoks 2nd minute sitter vs Luton is getting pretty regular. He'll put away goals he shouldn't score, then miss Sunday league chances.

Hamer didn't cost us today, but he did vs Millwall. Although we'd already thrown away a 2 goal lead.
Yes agree, but he will cost in the games he is missing

Sick Boy

Yeah, let’s just deflect the blame away from a player who can’t control himself onto our best player.
Shameful.

ccfc1234

Agreed vs Millwall, but how'd he let the team down today? We offered fuck all 2nd half.
He has let the team down by getting involved in a tangle and then (at best) wriggling aggressively with his studs near an opponent's face. While the Birmingham lad is not entirely innocent Hamer could have made different choices and the consequences from today could negatively impact our threadbare squad in the coming weeks.

ccfc922

Yeah, let’s just deflect the blame away from a player who can’t control himself onto our best player.
Shameful.

Definitely not what I was saying. However, Gyoks 1v1 and clear route on goal ratio is awful without a touch off a GK/defender.

Brighton Sky Blue

Definitely not what I was saying. However, Gyoks 1v1 and clear route on goal ratio is awful without a touch off a GK/defender.

I’ll give him a pass on that because he is far better at creating something from nothing than any of the other attacking players.

slowpoke

It might signify a change in tactics for me the back five with wing backs isn’t working does for a bit but once the opposition re-organise we struggle in the midfield area, as we did yesterday. 4-3-3 or 4-4-2

Legia Sky Blue

Hamer is a decent player, and was excellent in the first half yesterday. He is however completely naive which is really disappointing given his 2+ years experience in the Championship now. It is ridiculous for a teenager new to league football to effectively play him into getting sent off, which is something that should embarrass Hamer more than anything. He has no subtlety in respect of the dark arts, the complete opposite of someone like Michael Doyle who wasn't as good a footballer, but always seemed to know where the line was in respect of keeping on the right side of refs.

long way home

Hamer is a very good technician, but has a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing. It seems every game he puts himself in the refs eye to make a decision,and at this time he is on the wrong end of all. Yesterday his reaction allowed the other player to cheat/play act which gave the ref no option.

As a team we have to be more aware of what teams are doing against us. And who they target and what weakness's they want to exploit. Yesterday Deeney smashing Hamer, the players takin or gesturing to the ref wanting for cards with every incident, the rolling around. Its all fair game now, its the dark arts and in my opinion as a team we are naive and really don't do it. The power of suggestions to a ref works, you ask enough you plant the seed. If i was MR id be asking some of ours to do the same . Otherwise we will be swallowed up by lessers playing teams.

Hamer i feel little for, but he has to know he is a target and needs to understand how teams are goading him. His reaction needs to change, his understanding of our game needs to change, he play 80 games in Holland 1 red, he played less in England has 3 reds and endless yellows. He needs to adapt quicker otherwise a very good player will be ruined and a club assert will be worthless.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Hamer is a very good technician, but has a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing. It seems every game he puts himself in the refs eye to make a decision,and at this time he is on the wrong end of all. Yesterday his reaction allowed the other player to cheat/play act which gave the ref no option.

As a team we have to be more aware of what teams are doing against us. And who they target and what weakness's they want to exploit. Yesterday Deeney smashing Hamer, the players takin or gesturing to the ref wanting for cards with every incident, the rolling around. Its all fair game now, its the dark arts and in my opinion as a team we are naive and really don't do it. The power of suggestions to a ref works, you ask enough you plant the seed. If i was MR id be asking some of ours to do the same . Otherwise we will be swallowed up by lessers playing teams.

Hamer i feel little for, but he has to know he is a target and needs to understand how teams are goading him. His reaction needs to change, his understanding of our game needs to change, he play 80 games in Holland 1 red, he played less in England has 3 reds and endless yellows. He needs to adapt quicker otherwise a very good player will be ruined and a club assert will be worthless.

Every other team hammers the referee with every decision. At Norwich, Allen was hacked down minutes after a dubious disallowed goal and not one player went over. Allen jumped back up. We need to wise up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread