Hamer (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Never been to the place so don't know what it's like in there. They should show some common sense about what they do but it's unfair to expect them to behave like trappist monks.
I don't know how old you are but if you were around at the time of Ian Gibson, Ernie Hannigan, Ernie Hunt, et al you would have reason to be embarrassed. Regularly used to see Gibson & co on pub crawls, sometimes saw first team players in the pub opposite Highfield road (can't remember the name), having a lunchtime pint before the game.
I understand that footballers used to go on the piss, I'm sure lots of them did, leveling the playing field a bit. But nowadays it's such fine margins with footballers being fed and watered like the specimens they are. Just seems daft that of he wants to improve and progress, you think he'd be looking after himself 100%. Plenty of time for beer and women when he retires.

steve cooper

I understand that footballers used to go on the piss, I'm sure lots of them did, leveling the playing field a bit. But nowadays it's such fine margins with footballers being fed and watered like the specimens they are. Just seems daft that of he wants to improve and progress, you think he'd be looking after himself 100%. Plenty of time for beer and women when he retires.
I'm retired, and I can tell you it isn't like that

Warwickhunt

Footballers today should be extra careful! Greenwood has fucked a promising career by the sound of it.

Warwickhunt

Bit different from getting drunk to sexually assaulting/abusing a woman tbf.
Yes i agree, but is it the fact they are drunk/drugs that causes them to abusing/assault women!?

skybluegod

Yes i agree, but is it the fact they are drunk/drugs that causes them to abusing/assault women!?

I seriously doubt many footballers are doing drugs these days given the high level of drug testing.
The drinking, I mean you can ask that question of everyone? I think 90% of people get hammered at some point doesn't make them abusers?

Warwickhunt

I seriously doubt many footballers are doing drugs these days given the high level of drug testing.
The drinking, I mean you can ask that question of everyone? I think 90% of people get hammered at some point doesn't make them abusers?
probably not! but can it be just a case of im a footballer and i can do what i like!

robbiethemole

Never been to the place so don't know what it's like in there. They should show some common sense about what they do but it's unfair to expect them to behave like trappist monks.
I don't know how old you are but if you were around at the time of Ian Gibson, Ernie Hannigan, Ernie Hunt, et al you would have reason to be embarrassed. Regularly used to see Gibson & co on pub crawls, sometimes saw first team players in the pub opposite Highfield road (can't remember the name), having a lunchtime pint before the game.
The Mercers Arms?

SuperFred

According to Transfermarkt, Hamer now has 10 yellows. 9 in the league and 1 in the FA cup. Is he now banned for two games, or do just league games count?

shmmeee

According to Transfermarkt, Hamer now has 10 yellows. 9 in the league and 1 in the FA cup. Is he now banned for two games, or do just league games count?

League games only

NortonSkyBlue

He played well last night, he seemed to move around the pitch easier than of late. I am not a fan of Hamer but he carried our midfield and showed the qualities that were on display in his early months with us.

shmmeee

He played well last night, he seemed to move around the pitch easier than of late. I am not a fan of Hamer but he carried our midfield and showed the qualities that were on display in his early months with us.

First time he’s managed 90mins in a while isn’t it? Let’s hope that’s him back to full fitness.

NortonSkyBlue

I could understand if you think he's overhyped or whatever but you don't think he's a good footballer at all? Who would you play instead?
I think he is very good footballer. Never said otherwise. I just happen not to buy in to the hype. He is booked early too often and his effectiveness is nullified. Said so since his early days.
He has been out of sorts for over a season with some very good games few and far between.
He is brilliant at long passing but the short pass is woeful.

Frostie

I think he is very good footballer. Never said otherwise. I just happen not to buy in to the hype. He is booked early too often and his effectiveness is nullified. Said so since his early days.
He has been out of sorts for over a season with some very good games few and far between.
He is brilliant at long passing but the short pass is woeful.

Ok, that's fair so it's not that you don't rate him at all. That was the comment I thought was odd.
I agree he has deficiencies in his game & isn't ready for PL in my eyes but is still an excellent player at this level.

Warwickhunt

I have been drunk and high (do not recommend both at same time) and managed to never abuse a woman. Some people are just cunts.
I totally agree with your sentiments! especially the last statement.

Greggs

In the pub again tonight with that weird narcissistic supporter who thinks he's a pop star.

Users who are viewing this thread