Hamer (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

When is his contract up? May have to sell him in January anyway to get a half decent fee if we can't agree a new deal
You are correct not sure if their contracts are just three year or three plus a year option hopefully it’s the latter but both contracts need extending to maintain their values, certain both will move on at some point it’s the modern game but we need to keep their values up.
Both signed 3 years. Even if it includes a minimum release fee clause it’s something.

I’m hopeful the club are already in talks like last season when they extended Rose and Dabo

one Thing that annoys me that. We always wait until the final year to discuss a new contract - did the same with Westwood

Sky Blue Pete

Both signed 3 years. Even if it includes a minimum release fee clause it’s something.

I’m hopeful the club are already in talks like last season when they extended Rose and Dabo

one Thing that annoys me that. We always wait until the final year to discuss a new contract - did the same with Westwood
How do you know? We’ve done much better recently

Londonccfcfan

There s no way we are selling our best players unless a ridiculous offer comes in (unlikely in these times) Especially the players who are the first name on our team sheet. They will be sold eventually if they continue to impress. But can't see it in this window.

COV

There s no way we are selling our best players unless a ridiculous offer comes in (unlikely in these times) Especially the players who are the first name on our team sheet. They will be sold eventually if they continue to impress. But can't see it in this window.

This is not living in reality unfortunately- if an offer comes in that we deem “acceptable”, he’s gone. People said that with McSheffrey when we weren’t even in as big a mess as we are now, look what happened there

Barnsley

If there has been an instant agreement over a price I think it is BS as we would put clauses in of which can bolster our income and we would increase the price if they instantly cave in at 4mil seems a pathetic price for one of our key players

It’s a really good lump, for a club that needs to strengthen in 3or4 places, you could buy 4or5 improvement for that sort of money, and it would get you away from developing players for other clubs. You should be biting their hands off in my opinion. It’s the sort of money in this climate that could kick your club on to another level.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I mean, we don’t know that they haven’t already been in talks. We also don’t know if their agents are advising them not to sign, because if they run their contracts down they get a huge signing on fee, or conversely it gives them leverage in contract negotiations…”it’s gonna cost you x million to replace him, so pay him more” type thing. Hopefully we’ve got an option in our favour.

Samo

Got no issue with selling anyone in our squad, like someone else mentioned, if it allows us to bring in 2-3 first team players, then we got to go for it.

Will it though?

Grendel

If there has been an instant agreement over a price I think it is BS as we would put clauses in of which can bolster our income and we would increase the price if they instantly cave in at 4mil seems a pathetic price for one of our key players

There’s no way the initial payment would be anything like £4 million

Greggs

It’s a really good lump, for a club that needs to strengthen in 3or4 places, you could buy 4or5 improvement for that sort of money, and it would get you away from developing players for other clubs. You should be biting their hands off in my opinion. It’s the sort of money in this climate that could kick your club on to another level.
We will always be a club that develops for others. There is probably only about 6 clubs in world football that don't. Sorry, 7 including Barnsley.

covcity4life

Let's not forget how good he was start of last season

Easy to accept him being sold based on latter half of season but if he starts fresh and in form he coukd be the best player in squad

Massive part of our attack. The way midfield and attack is st mo I see us scoring a lot this season.

SlowerThanPlatt

There’s not been a slight indication any team has or will put a bid in

It’s a classic case of a players representative wanting a bigger team to notice his client, rather than the club in question actually wanting him.

Covkid1968#

Don’t you come on here talking all that sense….. we need time and space to have a meltdown about this BS rumour first. In a few weeks time when we are still going on about it despite it being officially confirmed as bollox…. Then come back on.

Grendel

Don’t you come on here talking all that sense….. we need time and space to have a meltdown about this BS rumour first. In a few weeks time when we are still going on about it despite it being officially confirmed as bollox…. Then come back on.

Every club develops players for other clubs.

Frostie

We would, if there was the slightest bit of truth to the story - There isn't.

Sky Blue Pete

This is not living in reality unfortunately- if an offer comes in that we deem “acceptable”, he’s gone. People said that with McSheffrey when we weren’t even in as big a mess as we are now, look what happened there
It is true that part of our progress has been selling players covering losses and spending some of what we get

It’s a fact we don’t need to sell unless there is a significant offer and that we can progress

wingy

Let's not forget how good he was start of last season

Easy to accept him being sold based on latter half of season but if he starts fresh and in form he coukd be the best player in squad

Massive part of our attack. The way midfield and attack is st mo I see us scoring a lot this season.
What does the middle sentence even mean .
He is not being sold or even bought due to a 2-3 months spell of slightly indifferent form.
If he was going I year in for this paltry fee it's cos as usual we need some dosh.
Anyhow I don't think this paper talk is close tbf.

Grendel

Every club has young loans?

Every club has players they buy and are then sold at higher prices - so you buy players instead of loans and you still end up selling if they are good

Also at levels below the premier yes every club has a quota of loans

Grendel

Yeah but it doesn’t do any clubs long term good, far better developing your own for the resale value.

It allows you also in some cases look at a player and see if you can buy him - o hare and gyorkes being prime examples or integrate players before signing properly like sheaf.

covcity4life

What does the middle sentence even mean .
He is not being sold or even bought due to a 2-3 months spell of slightly indifferent form.
If he was going I year in for this paltry fee it's cos as usual we need some dosh.
Anyhow I don't think this paper talk is close tbf.
I am saying it's easy to think oooh lets use money on something else but he would be a big loss imo

Grendel

I do find it strange how many of our fans talk of Hamer in such an expendable way.

Yes, if a really silly offer came in I would understand, but it feels like some are too keen to move him on.

It depends who turns up next season - the before or after Christmas model - he was pretty average in the New Year

COV

It depends who turns up next season - the before or after Christmas model - he was pretty average in the New Year

He hadn’t played that many games in the previous 2 seasons, about 20 in each I think- then he was thrown into a 42 game season in the grind that is The Championship, I don’t think we’ll see a dropoff again this season now he’s ‘acclimatised’ to the physicality

Users who are viewing this thread