Hamer (2 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Interesting that would make it way more sensible to keep hold of him to the peak of his value then. No point flipping him quick as with the new rules kicking in meaning less foreign imports his value could rocket
Definitely. Brexit will increase his value

fernandopartridge

I'm not being negative by any means but I still think there is a lot more to come from him. He's still a bit indisciplined, he plays in such a pumped up way that he makes basic errors at times. His technique is just class.

Skyblueweeman

I'm not being negative by any means but I still think there is a lot more to come from him. He's still a bit indisciplined, he plays in such a pumped up way that he makes basic errors at times. His technique is just class.

I don't think that's negative Fernando. Hes still got a way to go, agreed but isn't it great to think what might be around the corner from what we've seen so far?

Great, great young player. Could be pivotal to our season.

stay_up_skyblues

Hats off to the lad for coming in and making an impact so soon. I thought we may be signing potential and he would take time to settle but he’s been a key player from the outset. Plenty more to come from him too.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was already on a radar of a bigger club before his move and all concerned appreciate this is a stepping stone that we will benefit from financially.

Tartan Specials

Hats off to the lad for coming in and making an impact so soon. I thought we may be signing potential and he would take time to settle but he’s been a key player from the outset. Plenty more to come from him too.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was already on a radar of a bigger club before his move and all concerned appreciate this is a stepping stone that we will benefit from financially.
I thought today that he wasn't having such a good game and consequently was lapsing into bad habits, needless fouls in the wrong areas etc. No need for any of that as he's such a talented player.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I thought today that he wasn't having such a good game and consequently was lapsing into bad habits, needless fouls in the wrong areas etc. No need for any of that as he's such a talented player.
I find this is why Hamer is with us. If you look at his stats when we signed him, his creation stats were up there with Havearts, Sancho etc. There was always going to be a negative.

for me is that he goes missing in games. But when he does turn up he does something like he did at Derby. The quality is there, and once his consistency hits - he’ll go to a top team

Tartan Specials

I find this is why Hamer is with us. If you look at his stats when we signed him, his creation stats were up there with Havearts, Sancho etc. There was always going to be a negative.

for me is that he goes missing in games. But when he does turn up he does something like he did at Derby. The quality is there, and once his consistency hits - he’ll go to a top team
One of the things I like about him is the way he sorts of 'expects' a level of similar quality from his teammates. He'll get a pass when surrounded by opponents and then happily pass it back in the expectation that by doing so that he's created an opportunity.

shmmeee

Sell Hamer for £10m, bring in Walsh on a free and 4/5 £2m Badlands specials. Premier League here we come.

Jamesimus

Disagree with this to be honest. He wasn't having a bad game, he's just not your usual "creative" player, he's happy to play the hand he's dealt.

Today that meant a lot of time out of possession, so he chose his fouls pretty wisely, sweet talked the ref and didn't let his head drop because he wasn't able to showcase his talents. He's no primadonna.

SleepyGinger

3 of ours were gus! Noticed Nathan jones has said we are a team without any superstars, clearly hasn’t watched this lad play

SleepyGinger

This is the reason click bait exists - people will read a SHOCKING headline without any context and get worked up over it. If you take time out to read the article he’s very complimentary and says we’ve built our team over the course of a few seasons rather than spending lots of money.
I did read the article, I know he said it in a complimentary way just a bit tongue in cheek, calm down lol.

Londonccfcfan

3 of ours were gus! Noticed Nathan jones has said we are a team without any superstars, clearly hasn’t watched this lad play

Lol one was a header. The last time we scored with a header from outside the box. Was Dion vs Forest....I think.

Can't think of anymore.

Bugsy

Last edited:

Hutch11

Loved Dion , what a player for us, shame he let himself down by
1, joining the vile
2, the way he left to join the vile

Magwitch

Lol one was a header. The last time we scored with a header from outside the box. Was Dion vs Forest....I think.

Can't think of anymore.
Who remembers around 1970 time Stoke 0 Cov 3, three headers all outside the box two from Tony Hateley and the other Neil Martin and the goalkeeper....England’s Gordon Banks no less, arguably best in the world at the time.

Magwitch

1, joining the vile
Blame chairman Bryan Richardson for that. Dion just looked after himself after Richardson tried to flog him to Blackburn, take it from me Dion would have stayed here.

Hutch11

Blame chairman Bryan Richardson for that. Dion just looked after himself after Richardson tried to flog him to Blackburn, take it from me Dion would have stayed here.
Richardson well and truly fucked this club over , I didn't know that about Dion but he did join the vile.

On a side note, I saw Dion in Tesco in Warwick , I said hi as he walked past and not looking where I was going I nearly tripped over his dick

True story

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’m
1, joining the vile
rheres also the story when he told Peter Reid he wanted to rejoin us whilst he was at Leicester, I think after Craig Levein beat us 3-0 on tv - we got through to talking to him and he proceeded to turn us down again...

steve cooper

Who remembers around 1970 time Stoke 0 Cov 3, three headers all outside the box two from Tony Hateley and the other Neil Martin and the goalkeeper....England’s Gordon Banks no less, arguably best in the world at the time.
I was there, I don't remember the goals all being scored from outside the box, but you could be right, they were all good goals. It was 1968 I believe. I remember one of Hateley's goals being similar to Keith Houchen's cup final goal

SkyBlueMatt

He has been great so far, a brilliant signing. Theres been quite a few friends who support championship clubs have noticed him. Let's all calm down a bit, he's 3/4 months into his first season in England. I feel very confident saying he's going absolutely nowhere in January.

If he carries on like he has been then maybe in the summer but what did we pay for him 1.5mil? I know its pure speculation but are there any addons which could push it up? The value of staying in the league is worth more than letting him go for a nominal profit of 2-3 mil.

In the current climate (covid), there isn't going to be crazy money being thrown about this summer.

Whatever happens, great find, loads of football still to be played and I'm looking forward to watch him for the rest of the season in a cov shirt.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Apparently Hamer would have qualified under the new rules, the Dutch top league is Band 2 and he played more than 40% of his clubs game in the previous season.

Not the Top 20 Pod has someone in from MRKT Insight talking through the post Brexit transfer rules in a really clear and easy to understand way. They use Biamou and Hamer as examples.

On the points based system you need 15 pts to to qualify:
Just playing in Band 2 gets you 10pts and playing over 40% of the available minutes gives you 5pts

Both of which Hamer had achieved

Biamou wouldn't have qualified

Last edited:

shmmeee

Apparently Hamer would have qualified under the new rules, the Dutch top league is Band 2 and he played more than 40% of his clubs game in the previous season.

Not the Top 20 Pod has someone in from MRKT Insight talking through the post Brexit transfer rules in a really clear and easy to understand. They use Biamou and Hamer as examples.

On the points based system you need 15 pts to to qualify:
Just playing in Band 2 gets you 10 points and over 40% of the available minutes which gives you 5pts

Both of which Hamer had achieved

Biamou wouldn't have qualified

Did Grendel write these rules?

Users who are viewing this thread