Hamer (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Prefer Walsh 🤣

giphy.gif

Briles

Cant remember the last player to be so consistantly accurate with passes. Always looking forward, bite in the tackle and great set pieces. His fitness is vital to us staying up.

Martin180

He is absolute quality but we need to play him further up the pitch , alongside Kelly he is busy but his game is limited . When he is in and around the opposition box he has an eye for a pass and a goal as well

Londonccfcfan

Enjoy him while you can
I think most said after a game or 2. If you can't spot talent like this then folks never.

He has got everything imo. That bite and steel to get his toe in reads the game brilliantly, 2 quick good feet, scores goals, creates goals good at set pieces.

Whisper it quietly...hasn't been booked either for quite a few games.

Said a million times over the last month.

Amazing business.

Londonccfcfan

Completely agree with all of this. Looks a cut above anyone else. Sees angles others don't. Great engine and a level of aggression you don't often see outside the Premier League.

His vision....is way to behold.
The long passes out of defence vs Watford to Biamou for walkers goal.

And the quick thinking long diagonal pass vs Norwich to Giles. Pin point.

Also his passes to his team mates are struck hard crisp like he's playing with players not his level.

Always decisive passing wether forward or back. This guy is on another planet.

Worth the money to watch him operate.

Jamesimus

I think most said after a game or 2. If you can't spot talent like this then folks never.

He has got everything imo. That bite and steel to get his toe in reads the game brilliantly, 2 quick good feet, scores goals, creates goals good at set pieces.

Whisper it quietly...hasn't been booked either for quite a few games.

Said a million times over the last month.

Amazing business.

Going to end up making the club a tidy profit.

There were people on here not long ago that couldn't see it...

robbiekeane

He's the best player we've had for as long as I can remember. Like someone else said, gutted that we may never actually get to see him play in person. I reckon he'd thrive off the fans and good atmosphere egging him on (and probably him egging us on!!).

There's a child like aggressive/mischievous streak in him too...it just comes out and you can tell he's been suppressing the urge to just kick someone haha.

Two free kicks he's taken in the last two games should've been a goal (walkers goal didn't look offside today, does anyone know if it actually was?)

SleepyGinger

It’s inevitable we sell him but need to make sure we stay up so we don’t have to sell on the cheap. Scary how good he could be with better players around him.

We will sell him, of course we will. BUT when we've sold top talent in recent years we have re-invested the money well. Maddison, Wilson, Clarke some of the names who spring to mind when you look at our climb back up the leagues.

AFCCOVENTRY

Hamer is part of a business model. Our top signing this summer who plays well in the Championship and we sell him for multiples. Then we get x2 players of the same quality next season and then sell etc etc etc. It’s what Brentford so and works very well. Only way we can keep progressing and be self sustainable as a business.

Skybluefaz

What is your current valuation? I'm cerainly looking at 10 million plus add ons from what I've seen. If he gets double figures in goals this season, probably double it.

TomRad85

A lot of people overhype the kind of money some of our players could go for, but Hamer could genuinely go for a very decent amount of money. I hope he doesn't go at all mind you. Quality player.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

What is your current valuation? I'm cerainly looking at 10 million plus add ons from what I've seen. If he gets double figures in goals this season, probably double it.
We would never hold out for that much. We should... but we won't

Londonccfcfan

The second we are safe this season (bit of an if , but quietly confident), he will get an improved contract. The big question mark against him is temperament and you can see hes improved that.

In Boddys podcast it was interesting that we structured the deal to pay his former club in instalments over the next year. Brilliant business.

For all the jobellos/kasta/Hilsner we can afford another 3 duds if one turns out to be a gem , admittedly he was alot more proven hence the fee we paid.

Skyblueweeman

Agree with everything on this one and have just said something similar on the Hamer vs Walsh thread. His range of passing is exquisite and unmatched in the squad.

Yes, our recruitment team don't always get it right (more often than not they do) but in Hamer, they've unearthed an absolute gem.

I think MR and the team have done wonders with him to start keeping his temper in check and get him accustomed to the pace of English football.

A truly great bit of business and I look forward to seeing more of him whilst we can.

wingy

Under the new rules he wouldn't even qualify for a work permit to play in this country...
How mad is that?
Was just going to raise this question ,so problematic to sell in the English market?
Sure plenty of European team's would take a look.tbf

CCFCSteve

If he keeps his head, like he’s done recently, he really is a quality midfielder at this level. A couple of his passes were proper stand outs. Great engine as well !

Alkhen

I think everyone in a team currently gets a special exemption

Interesting that would make it way more sensible to keep hold of him to the peak of his value then. No point flipping him quick as with the new rules kicking in meaning less foreign imports his value could rocket

TomRad85

Under the new rules he wouldn't even qualify for a work permit to play in this country...
How mad is that?
I've always found it mad that any professional footballer can't just get a work permit tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread