Hamer injury (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

This thread has had everything. Hamer at fault, Robins at fault, Physio at fault. When's it going to be the tea lady's turn to be naysayed by the SBT brigade ?

The result was bad and depressing. But we got hit on a bad day by a Premiership yo-yo team. It was always going to be tough. I'm actually taking a positive opinion from this. Hamer, knowing he was injured, still wanted to play. Yes, it backfired spectacularly but if the final say was Hamers', the backroom staff certainly shouldn't be blamed. But it shows the team spirit that we have built that everyone wants to be involved (apart from Bright :rolleyes: ). None of this "Sorry. Can't play today, got an upset tummy" or "I broke a fingernail" or getting their Dad to phone up and say they have a headache. Remember last season when Dabz was playing through his hip injury as well ? We knew he was unfit but I don't remember too many complaints back then.

shmmeee

Love the old rumour mill:

Wife having an affair
Player having an affair
Player has coke problem
Player has drink problem

Player has heroin Problem was a staple ofthe 80s but you don't hear it nowadays.

Heard once that Gareth Southgate was a massive pill head, the most uptight fucker in the country!

Been on a thirty year comedown.

pusbccfc

What a load of rubbish, a physio cannot make a declaration like that

Ben Foster goes into detail on one of his podcasts about it. Certainly at Watford and the rest of the Premier League, physio/medical teams will assess injuries and knocks and give the coaching staff a report and risk percentage. He said some managers take it into consideration more than others. Some players also make a stance against it, while others will play through what has been said.

Whether Cov have anything like that, who knows. Watford have a strong set up.

Colin Steins Smile

Ben Foster goes into detail on one of his podcasts about it. Certainly at Watford and the rest of the Premier League, physio/medical teams will assess injuries and knocks and give the coaching staff a report and risk percentage. He said some managers take it into consideration more than others. Some players also make a stance against it, while others will play through what has been said.

Whether Cov have anything like that, who knows. Watford have a strong set up.
The physios & medics can only work effectively, if the player provides honest feedback on any issue. Where it can go wrong is where a player is concerned about losing his place in the team with the associated appearance pay that goes with it.

better days

The physios & medics can only work effectively, if the player provides honest feedback on any issue. Where it can go wrong is where a player is concerned about losing his place in the team with the associated appearance pay that goes with it.
Very good point
Most players want to play and will even kid themselves that they will be ok even though at the back of their mind they know they shouldn't risk it
Let's be honest most of us did the same when we were playing, however lowly the level

SkyBlueMatt

Just been a lot of whispers about him having personal issues and wanting to go back to the Netherlands. Heard it from a couple of people and seen others on here say it too.

giphy.gif

I see it's that time of year again. Hamer has been apparently leaving every transfer window since he arrived.

PVA

I’m not sure you can really blame any one party more than the other.

It’s not like a hamstring strain and the physios have got a scan of the injury to go off. So then it’s on Hamer to decide if he feels up to it. Then it’s on Robins to decide if Hamer is up to it.

I’m not sure why we need to blame anyone anyway. It’s one of those things. We took a risk, it didn’t pay off. I don’t think it really had any effect on the result, we’d have still lost the game if Kelly played 90 mins rather than 50 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread