Hamer injury (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Looked off it and unfit from minute 1, was marking thin air until he went down and had to come off.

Rushed back?

Nick

Administrator
Yeah it's the foot injury he got the other week and went off.

Clearly wasn't fit, didn't want to take corners, couldn't kick it.

Sky Blue Harry H

Get him properly right - hate players being played when carrying injuries. Worse for the player / team longer term. Sooner have a slightly weaker, but fit, player in the side any day of the week.

Last edited:

SkyBlueGuy

Just read that they are sending him for a scan. Fingers crossed its just bruising or something minor!

Brighton Sky Blue

Think the player said he was okay so I’m not blaming Robins. But perhaps should have subbed him earlier it was obvious he wasn’t right.

Do we not have physios and a medical team to decide if a player is actually ready?

ceetee

If I understood Robins' comments after the match correctly, he was suggesting that Hamer should have declared himself unfit

stay_up_skyblues

No idea on the nature of the injury. But if there is no fracture or obvious signs of severe bruising/swelling I suppose you have to rely on the player to an extent? Not sure if they’d MRI scan for a fairly impact type injury?! Maybe they would.

pusbccfc

Brighton Sky Blue

No idea on the nature of the injury. But if there is no fracture or obvious signs of severe bruising/swelling I suppose you have to rely on the player to an extent? Not sure if they’d MRI scan for a fairly impact type injury?! Maybe they would.

No but a physio should still be able to offer a more objective assessment than a player, as they will nearly always say they’re good to go.

Esoterica

The bit I don't get is that Robins should have known if Hamer couldn't take corners. That should all be scripted pre-game.

larry_david

It’s pretty bizarre and if true incompetent from the management team
It's pathetic if we've let hamer convince us he's fit when it was clear after 5 mins he couldn't kick the ball.

He's going for a scan now, sorry, but why wasn't this done 2 weeks ago when he did the injury?

Torquay Sky Blue

Only the player knows if he's fit or not . He probably thought he was okay in the warm up but as soon as the game started realised he wasn't. Anyone who's played at any level should know this

Grendel

Only the player knows if he's fit or not . He probably thought he was okay in the warm up but as soon as the game started realised he wasn't. Anyone who's played at any level should know this

So he could take corners on the Friday warm up then and also i assume on the Saturday before kick off?

It may be at the level of the dog and duck but a club one promotion from the premiership

Really?

Torquay Sky Blue

So he could take corners on the Friday warm up then and also i assume on the Saturday before kick off?

It may be at the level of the dog and duck but a club one promotion from the premiership

Really?
There's more to his game than taking corners.
I've heard Alex Ferguson bemoan players for not declaring themselves fit before.
It would appear as usual you're using any excuse to take a pop at the management team.
Yesterday in game time you used the phrase " inept tactics " and anyone who uses such a term loses all credibility

pusbccfc

Any decent championship club would have a physio who could give the manager a percentage of fitness.

I'd assume Robins was given a 50/50 and Hamer made the decision.

Either that, or our physio team is poor.

Ultimately, it shows that Robins is forced to play the likes of O'Hare and Hamer when injured/off form because our squad is so weak.

shepardo01

Just been a lot of whispers about him having personal issues and wanting to go back to the Netherlands. Heard it from a couple of people and seen others on here say it too.
Think they are old/going back to lockdown and behind closed doors games.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's pathetic if we've let hamer convince us he's fit when it was clear after 5 mins he couldn't kick the ball.

He's going for a scan now, sorry, but why wasn't this done 2 weeks ago when he did the injury?

There are some strange things afoot in several respects at the moment. Part of me wonders if MR himself is having some issues

Greggs

Just been a lot of whispers about him having personal issues and wanting to go back to the Netherlands. Heard it from a couple of people and seen others on here say it too.
Have heard the same recently too, really struggling to settle and apparently has his agent working overtime.

fernandopartridge

Any decent championship club would have a physio who could give the manager a percentage of fitness.

I'd assume Robins was given a 50/50 and Hamer made the decision.

Either that, or our physio team is poor.

Ultimately, it shows that Robins is forced to play the likes of O'Hare and Hamer when injured/off form because our squad is so weak.
What a load of rubbish, a physio cannot make a declaration like that

Users who are viewing this thread