Hamer’s dip (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wonder what has happened, whether he is tired (probably not), whether we are now playing more around Ohare than Hamer or is it just he is being found out now as teams have had time to study him or has Mark Robins told him to play shit so that he doesnt get poached

Tommo1993

Agree his form has taken a dip. But he wasn’t gonna be at it every week, he’s not a world class player.

Esoterica

I think teams are closing him down very quickly for one. But I also think he looks more uncomfortable receiving the ball higher up the pitch and with his back to goal, which he's done more since James arrived and Kelly came back. I don't think he suits the diamond at all and often pulls it out of shape by coming too deep for the ball. That's his natural game - drop deep and receive the ball to start attacking moves off and that probably is his strength, combined with then arriving late to the edge of the box. While his desire to play the ball forward is admirable, his link play is too often first time and rushed. Think we might also be coaching the flair out of him unfortunately.

So overall I'd put it down to other teams having picked him out as a danger after his early season form, being asked to play in a position that doesn't play to his own strengths and then who knows what other factors might be. Bit of fatigue at adjusting to the level, maybe he's home sick, maybe he's had covid, maybe he's thinking too much about what he's been coached here e.g. not giving the silly fouls away and it's taking the edge off his game.

chiefdave

Probably a combination of things. A lot of players coming in from overseas struggle with the pace of English football. Quick look at the Eredivisie schedule would suggest he's playing a lot more games this season than he has previously even before you consider we're on a condensed schedule.

Also have to consider that at the start of the season he was an unknown quantity, his early season form could well mean managers are ensuring he isn't getting time to play.

Problem is we don't have the squad depth to give him a decent break.

Terry Gibson's perm

He was nastier at the start of the season he has calmed down a bit now so not getting as many bookings but not as influential

donald_trumps

I dont think it is any coincidence that Hamer and Shipley look tired. Both have enfants of a certain age that were both this year. Having had three kids i know how this wears you out, as much as you try to not let it. It is human nature to want to do your bit in supporting the work involved in raising the child. I could not have comprehended trying to play championship football with a 6 month old in the house! Lol

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I dont think it is any coincidence that Hamer and Shipley look tired. Both have enfants of a certain age that were both this year. Having had three kids i know how this wears you out, as much as you try to not let it. It is human nature to want to do your bit in supporting the work involved in raising the child. I could not have comprehended trying to play championship football with a 6 month old in the house! Lol

Tired, thay are professional footballers and don't have a day job.

donald_trumps

Tired, thay are professional footballers and don't have a day job.
Ha, they are not giving that excuse themselves. Just could be impacting them that is all i am saying. Professional footballers are still human you know? If anything it is the marginal life changes rhat can impact an elite athete more than someone in other jobs.

Briles

He needs to play in O'Hares role

Users who are viewing this thread