Hamer’s corners (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

This deserves a thread on its own.

I cannot remember a Coventry player who delivers world class balls into a box from corners since Gary McAllister.

Welcome to the sky blue express Mr Hamer!

I have to agree. It seems like forever since we've had a player who can take decent corners.

PVA

Could have scored from every corner in that second half, Hyam and Fadz each missed good chances before the goal!

Liquid Gold

We’re going to be a threat from set pieces all season, about time.

Didn’t get booked either so hopefully my his discipline isn’t going to be an issue.

cc84cov

I cannot remember a Coventry player who delivers world class balls into a box from corners since Gary McAllister.

Just asked the same thing in the match thread,who was the last player to deceiver set pieces like that

Alkhen

Just asked the same thing in the match thread,who was the last player to deceiver set pieces like that

I like how he did have nibble first half but the player he kicked rolled into Allen took him out and it sort of took the focus off Hamer

Looks a real Gem

Greggs

whats with all this political bullshit???!!! Fair play to QPR gaffer. They on my good list now, even after top pre-season tear up a few years bac hahahaha

Mucca Mad Boys

Since Hamer has come in, we’re actually making first contact from set pieces and making chances. It’s going to get us a lot more points in 50-50 games where we pick up a win or a draw.

This is something we were badly missing in the last 3 season under Robins.

Londonccfcfan

Since Hamer has come in, we’re actually making first contact from set pieces and making chances. It’s going to get us a lot more points in 50-50 games where we pick up a win or a draw.

This is something we were badly missing in the last 3 season under Robins.

Problem is at the back! Defending set pieces.

pastythegreat

Placed 3 corners in a row on the exact same spot.

Just a shame that we've conceded 2 soft goals from poor zonal marking at the opposite end.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

speedie87

Think I notice about the corners is he doesn’t but a lot of pace on them like Mcallister and guides it in. For years commentators and coaches have banged on about wiping it in with pace. Put more often than not hit first man as a result

AFCCOVENTRY

Think I notice about the corners is he doesn’t but a lot of pace on them like Mcallister and guides it in. For years commentators and coaches have banged on about wiping it in with pace. Put more often than not hit first man as a result

Yes. Exactly why he remind me of Gary. Hamer is about accuracy.

Dublin would enjoy Hamer’s corners.

Nick

Administrator

They do have enough pace to attack, not the floaty shitty ones.

cc84cov

Give it another 8–10 games I guarantee people are saying Hamer is better than Walsh 👏🏻

We will come back to this post I’m certain 👀

fatso

Very true, but you'd think professional footballers would be able to kick a stationary ball with no one near them.

Very worthy of a thread and after being no threat from corners for seasons what a difference (and in higher league).

equally impressed that he kept his head because theres no doubt qpr would of been targeting his temperament after last week.

very classy midfield general

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Saw the thread title and instantly Gary McAllister came to mind. He was amazing with corners!

Johhny Blue

Great to see the threats but with Mcfaz, Hyam & Ostegard all up we’ll be very vulnerable to fast breaks from the few that don’t end up in the net.

covcity4life

Who's McAllister?
giphy.gif

Magwitch

Another quality addition to the squad who is going to get better, his cross field passing left or right is sublime. Classic signing.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

He needs to work on putting his arms up in the air before he takes them. We all know that is key and he seem a bit half hearted.

He doesn't need to, the players know where he's going to put it.

Users who are viewing this thread