half and half Cov/leicester scarves (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

expecting to see plenty of these at the Ricoh next season judging by the Leicester love in on here today:D

covcity4life

lol whilst its an amazing achievement no doubt some cov fans are going bit OTT over it and trying to claim it as a midlands victory or something

Evo1883

Well , our fans are a strange breed , they claim we have no rivalries , they ridicule fans for singing songs about said rivalries that apparently do not or never did exist .
Then they get all moist about Leicester winning the league , when myself couldn't think of a worse thing to happen (in football)

Or is it just skybluestalk ?

Hobo

Plenty of Leicester, Birmingham Villa Sheffield United and Wednesday fans congratulated me when Cov won the FA Cup. I am just surprised how bitter some fans can be.

Evo1883

Mind you we are talking about a fanbase that drops their football team for a spot of top level rugga from the London invaders

covcity4life

ive given my congratulations to leicester fans i know. but up until final whilstle yesterday i was praying they would fail. as all cov fans should have imo but i guess we are all different

shy_tall_knight

Turn the telly over change the radio channel at any mention of Leicester's achievement - call me bitter but don't knowany leicester fans but wouldn't be congratulating them

Covstu

Sometimes you just have to recognise an amazing performance. Anyone can win a cup with the luck if the draw but to win the league is truly incredible. I was hoping Spurs would catch them at the death mind you!

Hobo

you just know we'll never hear the the fuckin end of this now

Yes from certain Coventry fans who are always moaning about their own fans. I have come to learn on here as fan my biggest rival is a section of our own fans.

Travs

For me, and i'm certain a lot of people my age, Leicester were not even on our radar when we were growing up, so a 'real' rivalry probably didn't develop in our eyes.

Must admit as we became more familiar with them my dislike of them grew. Although to be completely honest I spent most of the season quietly hoping that they would stick up to the likes of Manchester, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc.

As the last few weeks closed in I was definitely hoping for a dramatic collapse, but i'll hold my hands up and say well done to them.

I'll be f****d if I ever say the same thing about Villa though.

To be honest, Leicester may be six fingered inbreds, but they're just too similar as a city to us in my opinion to hate them with any gusto. However the likes of Birmingham and Wolves are a different breed, different type of city, and I can't bloody stand them.

Hobo

And that's from our own lot.
I do find the anti-rivalry thing abit weird,fans of every other club revel in it.

And I lived through when it was a nasty rivalry...but the reality is we are not real rivals now they are two leagues above us. They have done a good job. Do I want a Leicester or a Wasps scarf fuck off.

Brylowes

And I lived through when it was a nasty rivalry...but the reality is we are not real rivals now they are two leagues above us. They have done a good job. Do I want a Leicester or a Wasps scarf fuck off.
Yeah but do you think Man City gave up seeing UTD as rivals when they went down to
the third. To be honest 5 or 10 or even 20 years is a relatively short period of time in
the life of a football club, in 5 we could easily be playing them again,in 10 overtook
them, in 20 ruling Eur. Ok I'll stop now, got to lay down.

Samo

Yeah but do you think Man City gave up seeing UTD as rivals when they went down to
the third. To be honest 5 or 10 or even 20 years is a relatively short period of time in
the life of a football club, in 5 we could easily be playing them again,in 10 overtook
them, in 20 ruling Eur. Ok I'll stop now, got to lay down.

You been at the Gin Bry?

joemercersaces

Blackburn won it a few years ago but not much made of that anymore so things will hopefully settle down eventually. I used to loathe Leicester but found when push came to shove that I wanted them to win it because it gives everyone hope and breaks the stranglehold of the big four or five, even if just for a year

Samo

Blackburn won it a few years ago but not much made of that anymore so things will hopefully settle down eventually. I used to loathe Leicester but found when push came to shove that I wanted them to win it because it gives everyone hope and breaks the stranglehold of the big four or five, even if just for a year

Yep. To use an over-used phrase... it's good for English football.
(Although it might also be an indicator that the Prem is not what it was)

Sick Boy

For me, and i'm certain a lot of people my age, Leicester were not even on our radar when we were growing up, so a 'real' rivalry probably didn't develop in our eyes.

Must admit as we became more familiar with them my dislike of them grew. Although to be completely honest I spent most of the season quietly hoping that they would stick up to the likes of Manchester, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc.

As the last few weeks closed in I was definitely hoping for a dramatic collapse, but i'll hold my hands up and say well done to them.

I'll be f****d if I ever say the same thing about Villa though.

To be honest, Leicester may be six fingered inbreds, but they're just too similar as a city to us in my opinion to hate them with any gusto. However the likes of Birmingham and Wolves are a different breed, different type of city, and I can't bloody stand them.

A lot of their fans hate us with a real passion.

skybluedan

I told all the staff talk about them as much as you like ,in your own time.
Dont mention to me at all, fuckin hate the bastards and I'm gutted they have won it
fuck the midlands fuck all the other premiership managers who should be sacked for letting it happen the cunts

shy_tall_knight

Dont mention to me at all, fuckin hate the bastards and I'm gutted they have won it
fuck the midlands fuck all the other premiership managers who should be sacked for letting it happen the cunts

Couldn't have put it better myself, have a long journey to work and spend the time swapping radio stations avoiding all mention of Leicester. Always hate them always will never that bothered by Villa

skybluelee

Wow. Just wow.

Users who are viewing this thread